Season ticket waiting list and prices

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Re: Season ticket waiting list and prices

Post by Chippy »

buckle14 wrote:Where are you able to find out your position on the season ticket waiting list?
On the membership page of the website.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Gunner Rob wrote:season ticket holders = AKBs

hope you enjoy propping up this corrupt regime
Absolutely untrue. In fact, it's probably the opposite. People who go more frequently are less likely to be AKBs than those that go less frequently or not at all.

Afc5123

Post by Afc5123 »

Season ticket holder and want Wenger out and have done since we moved to the lifeless stadium.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Afc5123 wrote:Season ticket holder and want Wenger out and have done since we moved to the lifeless stadium.
But what have you actually done about achieving your wishes (Not being nasty at all just wondering...)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

gp543 wrote:

Absolutely untrue. In fact, it's probably the opposite. People who go more frequently are less likely to be AKBs than those that go less frequently or not at all.
I am aware of that.
what I am saying is that the business model that keeps Wenger in a job is the thousands of season tickets that are sold each year.
by buying a season ticket you are in effect supporting Wenger. if there had been a mass boycott of renewing season tickets 2 or 3 years ago then Wenger would not now be the manager.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
gp543 wrote:

I am aware of that.
what I am saying is that the business model that keeps Wenger in a job is the thousands of season tickets that are sold each year.
by buying a season ticket you are in effect supporting Wenger. if there had been a mass boycott of renewing season tickets 2 or 3 years ago then Wenger would not now be the manager.
Yes but we support the club and even if this "boycott" did work, where would it leave us? On a waiting list for 10 years.

Cloud cuckoo land some of our fans live on.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

there wouldnt be a waiting list if everyone didnt renew...

I appreciate the point that you support the club but to be honest it has got to the point where for the long term good of the club you might be a better supporter if you didn't go.
whilst the ground sells out week in week out there is no incentive for anything to change under Kroenke/Wenger, no hope of ever winning the league again. If you are happy with that then fine.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

ST Holders that go away frequently would also lose their credits by just packing it in. The club told me a few years ago that Red and Silvers would be able to accrue credits, no surprise that they never followed through with it

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Clearly all this "hate" for Wenger (actually just a load of angst and hand-wringing by people just wanting a good old moan at something) does not match up to their desire to keep watching the team and having access to away ticket rights.

Meanwhile those who DON'T have season tickets hypocritically encourage those who DO to give up their tickets, easy being on that side of the fence isn't it.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Robin_L wrote:Clearly all this "hate" for Wenger (actually just a load of angst and hand-wringing by people just wanting a good old moan at something) does not match up to their desire to keep watching the team and having access to away ticket rights.

Meanwhile those who DON'T have season tickets hypocritically encourage those who DO to give up their tickets, easy being on that side of the fence isn't it.
It does beggar belief, those who stand to lose the least ie if they aren't any sort of member/red/silver expect us as gold members to make the ultimate sacrifice. It's a bit like saying there's a sword you fall on it so we can benefit. Fuck off I say.

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Robin_L wrote:Clearly all this "hate" for Wenger (actually just a load of angst and hand-wringing by people just wanting a good old moan at something) does not match up to their desire to keep watching the team and having access to away ticket rights.

It does beggar belief, those who stand to lose the least ie if they aren't any sort of member/red/silver expect us as gold members to make the ultimate sacrifice. It's a bit like saying there's a sword you fall on it so we can benefit. Fuck off I say.
This!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I have to say that a lot of those people complaining about the ST holders are people who have never had tickets or have given themselves up because they can no longer afford it and/or justify the money but pretend to be martyrs.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

northbank123 wrote:I have to say that a lot of those people complaining about the ST holders are people who have never had tickets or have given themselves up because they can no longer afford it and/or justify the money but pretend to be martyrs.
Probably true.

I turned down a ST this summer because I can't justify the cost. I can afford it but think the price is ridiculous and I refuse to spend that much + travelling from Derby.

If it cost less, I'd buy it.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

g88ner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:I have to say that a lot of those people complaining about the ST holders are people who have never had tickets or have given themselves up because they can no longer afford it and/or justify the money but pretend to be martyrs.
Probably true.

I turned down a ST this summer because I can't justify the cost. I can afford it but think the price is ridiculous and I refuse to spend that much + travelling from Derby.

If it cost less, I'd buy it.
Exactly mate - same boat as most people who decline or give up tickets (and completely fair enough).

Just don't badge it as some kind of personal decision, it is a personal/selfish choice, not martyrdom or for the greater good.

EastupperA

Post by EastupperA »

I had a season ticket for over 30 years until a couple of seasons ago and gave it up due to the corporatisation(?) of football and arsenal in particular. I still support Arsenal but it is no longer the club I supported even 20 years ago. I know the same can be said of virtually every other club, but I feel the Heart has been ripped out of Arsenal and sitting in the Emirates seems more corporate than a passionate football ground. Until tickets can be affordable to the same demographic that made up the crowds in the 70's, 80's, 90's I can't see us ever changing back. I know change can be good and facilities much better now, in fact chalk and cheese but for me the 90 minutes is absolute atmosphere and kinship with the players which I feel has completely dissapeared. The days of being on the north bank and not being able to hear yourself speak, for me I'd rather watch it on TV than sit at the Emirates. It's just my opinion