Jens replacement?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gotrek

Jens replacement?

Post by gotrek »

there is a lot of talk over here (France) of Le Mans' goalkeeper Pelé being contacted by Grimandi (chief scout) for Arsenal. Jens hasn't got very long to go, Almunia is alright but will he be the next N°1 goalie? And Poom...well he polishes the bench and is 34.

what do you think? heard anything on your side of town?

ABOU DIABY 2

Post by ABOU DIABY 2 »

Do you mean Yohann Pele?

gotrek

Post by gotrek »

Yep Abou, The same Pelé in LeMans' cages himself.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

hsay given but not sure of age

gotrek

Post by gotrek »

The goalkeepers I've heard of taht Arsène could be following: Craig Gordon (Herts), Yohann Pelé (Le Mans), goalie from Nice, Goalie from Cska Moscow and Carson on loan at Charlton.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Ben Foster is a really good keeper. He's in the same mould as Seaman, a non flamboyant get your angles right keeper. Not sure we'll get him though cos i think i'm right in saying he's on loan from manure.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I liked the look of Scott Carson (stop it ! ) when he came to the emirates . Ok Charlton lost 4-0 but how many great saves did he make? He really was superb that night. Almunia has done well for us but not sure if he is the long term replacement but hang on who says Jens will even leave? I think he will actually take the year deal if Arsene offers it . Where else would he go that would be a better move?

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

WE SAW ARSENALS NEXT KEEPER LAST NIGHTS GOMES OF PSV

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

I don't really like the idea of Gomes - I couldn't stand to look at his ears for a whole 90 minutes.

Scott Carson would be my pick. A good young keeper who needs to go to a bigger club to meet his ambitions and reach his potential...

Although I do think that Almunia could be good to have in goal for a season. He has been great in the cups and has showed great handling throughout his Arsenal career.

Who knows...

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

I don't really like the idea of Gomes - I couldn't stand to look at his ears for a whole 90 minutes.

Scott Carson would be my pick. A good young keeper who needs to go to a bigger club to meet his ambitions and reach his potential...

Although I do think that Almunia could be good to have in goal for a season. He has been great in the cups and has showed great handling throughout his Arsenal career.

Who knows...