THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by TeeCee »

Yes, yes I do,.............

NOT !!!!!! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I try not to think Bad of Wenger; seeing as he gave me some of the most enjoyable moments as a Gooner, I just so wish he hadn't turned into the Despot that he eventually did.

He did so much good, but then literally undid all the amazing work and good things he achieved in the first 10 years of his tenure.

It's a very strange but real thing that happens to people who do great deeds and achieve much acclaim that if they stay too long in their chosen profession; whether it be music, sport, the arts , they eventually lose the plot and start believing their own hype. I believe this is what happened to Wenger; sad but true.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

https://www.arsenal.com/news/wenger-eff ... s-worth-it

Still running the club by virtue of the fact he signed both Edu and Arteta

Did you know that folks....without Arsene our club would cease to be...all hail lord wonga...HAIIL!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:12 pm

Did you know that folks....without Arsene our club would cease to be...all hail lord wonga...HAIIL!
He has lost it. As have his cultists in the media.

Read this for fucking nonsense:

"Arsène Wenger is delighted that the progress we made thanks to his 22 years of devotion is continuing under the current regime."

I guess the near decade long trophy drought is somehow considered "progress"? Or the fact that we have not won the league in almost two decades is also "progress"?

He left the club in complete disarray ffs.

I did not want us to sign Arteta as manager, and to be honest I still have major doubts about his ability to win the big trophies. But even I cannot deny he has us in a far better place than Wenger left us in. And that is all down to Arteta, not Wenger.

Arteta may still fail, but if he is successful and wins us the league and/or the champions league in the next few years, I really don't want to read how that success was all down to the work Arsene did over 20 years ago. :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:57 am
xgtdec wrote:

"Arsène Wenger is delighted that the progress we made thanks to his 22 years of devotion is continuing under the current regime."

I guess the near decade long trophy drought is somehow considered "progress"? Or the fact that we have not won the league in almost two decades is also "progress"?

I did not want us to sign Arteta as manager, and to be honest I still have major doubts about his ability to win the big trophies. But even I cannot deny he has us in a far better place than Wenger left us in. And that is all down to Arteta, not Wenger.

Arteta may still fail, but if he is successful and wins us the league and/or the champions league in the next few years, I really don't want to read how that success was all down to the work Arsene did over 20 years ago. :roll:

Absolutely spot on.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:47 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
xgtdec wrote:

:wink:

Absolutely spot on.
Hang on a moment are you saying that our current healthy position is not all down to Wenkers “devotion” ?

What an egotistical, narcissistic bastard

* Wenker not Retro or DB10 :wink:

wibble

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Indeed. We all know the success would really be down to the work done by Emery

Joking aside, he’d have more reason for credit than wengers last few years!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think a cement trowel needs to be permanently glued to the right hand of wenker's statue.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:15 am
I think a cement trowel needs to be permanently glued to the right hand of wenker's statue.

I think something else should have been in the statues right hand. He's an absolute tosser.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

what him fingering the frog DJ he was pumping behind his wife's back? :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

He should have a bank statement in his left hand to represent the fucking tens of millions that he mugged us for during his last 14 or 15 years. Still, it was all about the club of course, because he's entirely selfless. :roll:

Narcissistic wanker.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Just reading now Cesc wanted to return but Wenger has said he blocked it to 'send a message' to the other young players, that if you leave, you dont come back.

What an absolutely stupid thing to do. Instead Cesc joins Chelsea.

Oh my god Arsene. Just stop talking about the last 10 years of your tenure. You didn't send any message at all. You send the league title to Chelsea.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm
Just reading now Cesc wanted to return but Wenger has said he blocked it to 'send a message' to the other young players, that if you leave, you dont come back.

What an absolutely stupid thing to do. Instead Cesc joins Chelsea.

Oh my god Arsene. Just stop talking about the last 10 years of your tenure. You didn't send any message at all. You send the league title to Chelsea.
Jesus Christ mate. EVERYONE knew that at the time. He was slaughtered on here for it. :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

:D :D :D 10 years too late.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Midz wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm
:D :D :D 10 years too late.
That was the innuendo and speculation. This time, Wenger has spoken the words himself.