Its official...it's purple

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Its official...it's purple

Post by Nos89 »

QuartzGooner

Re: Its official...it's purple

Post by QuartzGooner »

The Marketing spiel sounds as if they have tried to fit a theme around the kit, rather than the other way round.
Yes, purple is a royal colour, but it is stretching it too far to ask us to wear it.

It looks like nothing to do with us, and the goalkeeping kit makes Szczesny look like a plonker.

Nike are so far removed from what this kit should be about it is horrendous.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Not a bad looking kit, but just a pathetic kit for Arsenal :banghead:

WTF is Sczez(sp :oops: ) in too, pomergranate?

and then
The purple and black hooped socks, bearing one red hoop each, again pay tribute to Chapman’s legacy, as it was he who introduced hooped socks – he reasoned that they would make it easier for his players to pick one another out on the pitch.
I always thought it was our red shirts with white sleeves that he thought would make us pick fellow players out on the pitch. What a load of crap.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Taking visual inspiration from high street fashion, the kit is on-trend and by using such a regal colour in the year of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations, it also honours the Club’s historical royal links.

The Gunners were known as “Royal Arsenal” in the 1890s having been formed at the Arsenal munitions factory in Woolwich, South London. Originally bearing the name “Dial Square” after one of the factory's workshops, the founding fathers decided to merge the name of a pub they met in - Royal Oak - with their place of work.

The red trim on the shirt cuffs compliment the purple body and pay homage to the home kits that are so identifiable with the Club, whilst the differing hoop patterns on the body and the sleeves of the shirt give it a modern twist.
If I'm ever in court, I want these spin doctors as my attorneys.

What a stretch. Absolute nonsense.

"By having short sleeves, the club is honoring Albert Einstein, who once wore a short sleeve shirt. The black hoops, a colour made famous by nuns like Mother Theresa, shows how Arsenal gives back to the community. The dash of red commemorates every fallen soldier in every war ever. And some soldiers used cannons, and you know, it's Arsenal, so that's important too."

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

It's purple, is it? I hope the doctor gave you some cream for it!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

bleugh !

song is turning into Jason lee :roll:

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

clockender1 wrote: song is turning into Jason lee :roll:
Oh well, he'll never be an Earl :roll: :?

:wink:

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

http://www.arsenalbrasil.com.br/?p=3311 well, we kinda told you in december you know... 8) 8) But yeah, the kit is awful

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Absolutely horrific, not aided by the fact that they appear overly tight. If the Village People had decided to dress up as footballers, I imagine this is what they'd have come up with.

A continuation of the club/Nike's recent trend of pathetically trying to justify non-traditional kits as having some bizarre abstract traditional theme. It's an insult.

On another note, I'm sure they'll have done their research but to me this kit doesn't look like it would be fantastic against a team dressed in red. I guess it's dark/bluey enough to get away with it but when you bear in mind our 3rd kit will be blue (presuming the away kit being shifted to the 3rd kit continues), what happens if we play Palace away in the cup? Surely we would have to don our training kits a la Lens at Wembley? Except our training kits are the same colours and equally horrific. Do you think the FA would give us special dispensation to wear an old yellow kit, maybe 1989 or 1971? :D

I wouldn't mind the fucking round with the away kit so much if we just had a proper yellow and blue kit introduced as an away kit (and then maintained as a third kit the next season) every other year, come up with whatever other corporate bullshit you want the other year.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

sammy, you owe me a 42" television! :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Another nail in the Coffin of a once proud Club ,and should be boycotted ,if no one buys the fucker they might listen next time ....................but people will and they wont care !

If you tolerate this then your home kit will be next ,in a few short years we will be in Colorado Rapids Jerseys as a homogeneous brand !

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

Our rapid decline into a COMEDY CLUB carries on .....not only can we not keep hold of our best players year on year .....buy Crap 3rd division french/african players ..have a manager whos lost all respect from fans players and the press/media we now have to put up with this Bullsh*t kits saga every summer .......F**KING SORT IT OUT ARSENAL ....
SIMPLE
RED and WHITE.......YELLOW and BLUE ......Please put the PRIDE back into the players and fans :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Absolutely horrendus kit but as bad as it is, I have to say that chesney's kit is horrific :shock: :oops: :oops:
Not a word of a lie, if I was chesney I would look for a transfer out of the club rather than wear kit :roll: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Another nail in the Coffin of a once proud Club ,and should be boycotted ,if no one buys the fucker they might listen next time ....................but people will and they wont care !

If you tolerate this then your home kit will be next ,in a few short years we will be in Colorado Rapids Jerseys as a homogeneous brand !

Agreed 100%. 8)

The fucking face on Jack - he looks like he has just given up on life! :lol:

And that thing they have dressed Chesney in? WTF?! :shock: :oops: I've nothing against the gays, (after all our own Hlebby is one :wink: ) and live and let live and all that, but Jaysus that is like something you'd imagine a chutney ferret wearing at a fancy dress gay pride parade! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nike and the Arsenal Board (who, let’s not forget, pick the final kit from 5 or 6 options) need a good kick in the fucking arse for these loads of old shite.

BLUE AND FUCKING YELLOW YOU RETARDS!! :tickedoff: :banghead: :tickedoff: :banghead: :tickedoff:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Vile