Can Brad Wiggy do it?

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Can Brad Wiggy do it?

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Just 7 more stages till the Tour de France is completed with two Brits topping the standings.

But can Bradley Wiggins hold on to the Yellow Jersey and win the Tour and be the first Brit ever to win it?

He has a seven day holding of the jersey.....

I think he will do it....

Go on Bradley!

RioGooner

Re: Can Brad Wiggy do it?

Post by RioGooner »

Yes, unless something unusual happens to him, the TDF is in his pocket. Nibali will take at least another minute on the next trial and Evans is not keeping up with the pace on the hills.

If Contador or Schleck was involved, the fight would have been much, much better.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

It's looking good, Sammy! 8)

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Another stage down and he remains the leader...just six to go, technically five as the final stage is a precession

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Stage 17 will be the decider, a short stint with a cat 1 finish. if no one is 1'30 ahead of him at that day, it's won for him.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

certainly hope, so will be a massive acheivement

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Is this the posh mummies boy with no friends that made the "send them to a football match" comment about whatever twat threw the tacs on the road? What a total geebag... fucking cycling, it's not a sport - it's a hobby. :roll:

REB

Post by REB »

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Is this the posh mummies boy with no friends that made the "send them to a football match" comment about whatever twat threw the tacs on the road? What a total geebag... fucking cycling, it's not a sport - it's a hobby. :roll:
I heard that comment yesterday what a bell end :roll: Hope he fucking loses now

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Is this the posh mummies boy with no friends that made the "send them to a football match" comment about whatever twat threw the tacs on the road? What a total geebag... fucking cycling, it's not a sport - it's a hobby. :roll:
I heard that comment yesterday what a bell end :roll: Hope he fucking loses now
Me too. Fuck him - hope he gets syphilis too. The bell end. :evil:

:D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Wannabe mod knob'ead :roll:

southampton gooner

Post by southampton gooner »

What he said was "if someone was to throw stuff at players at a football match they would have CCTV and be thrown out and/or arrested. At the TDF people can touch you as you ride by" So far this tour he has been hit by a flare and half the riders have been stopped by some twat throwing tacks/pins in the road.
I think he was highlighting the difference between the 2 sports.
And as for it being a hobby and not a sport :banghead: I can't think of a single footballer playing now who has half the guts these guys have. Griple (prob spelt his name wrong) had an accident and dislocated his sholder, got a team mate to pull his arm and put it back in. Got back on his bike a nearly won the day. A footballer with a dislocated sholder would need a team of medics air ambulance and private hospital in Milan to recover.

southampton gooner

Post by southampton gooner »

"It's sad. Those are the type of things we have to put up with as cyclists. I think people take that for granted sometimes, just how close they can get to us.

"If that happened in a football stadium, or wherever, you'd be arrested, CCTV. But we're out there, quite vulnerable at times, very close to the public on climbs.

Delorean Dor's

Post by Delorean Dor's »

FACT: He is better than Andy Murray

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Grew up on the same Kilburn council estates as I did, did old Wiggo. Same age as me too. We weren't best buds but would have done the old head nod back in the day.

He's not a bad lad at all.

This mother fucker is rooting for him. 8)