RIP Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Nos89

Re: RIP Thread

Post by Nos89 »

Last week a US comedian passed of cancer, Norm Macdonald. He was very much like Sean Locke in his unique comedic outlook. Again, no one knew he had been battling cancer for 9 years. Like Sean Locke he was a comedians, comedian. He got fired from his job on SNL because he would rip OJ Simpson, and the producer was a friend of OJ's. 18 months later he was back out on SNL as a host and in his monologue he said "either I've got funny in 18 months or the show has turned to shit since I left". RIP Norm.

In addition
RIP - Sean Locke
RIP - Greavsie
RIP - John Challis

Post covid cancer deaths are rocketing at the moment. Strength to those fighting the damn disease, and condolences to those who have lost friends and/or family recently.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Ray Kennedy 70 passed away battled Parkinson's half his life.

Arsenal and Liverpool legend.

Forever be remembered for many great goals and games won a huge haul of trophies.

No Arsenal fan will ever forget him heading the winner to win us the league 71 :barscarf:

RIP Ray.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:37 pm

Forever be remembered for many great goals and games won a huge haul of trophies.

No Arsenal fan will ever forget him heading the winner to win us the league 71 :barscarf:

RIP Ray.
This is it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdALY2fLvq4

We Won The League ! We Won The League!
At White Fart Lane!
We Won The League at the Shytehole! :barscarf:

R.I.P Ray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLWZJ2JqXd4

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I was on the shelf that night and will never forget the madness of those final minutes.
Thanks Ray , RIP .

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:37 pm

RIP Ray.
Bless him, and a huge thank you for his part in that double and EUFA cup win :barscarf: :barscarf: 🏆

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

R.I.P David Longdon Lead Singer with Big Big Train. Only 56yrs of age)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D9YF3e4Gac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2xJfXDibc&t=30s

:cry:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Not RIP but didn’t know where else to put it…

Hazel O’Connor had to be put into an induced coma at the weekend after being found at her home in France after suffering a medical incident.

Have tickets to see her later in the year and was so looking forward to it.

Hope she makes a full recovery\

Her song, “will you” is a sensational piece of music, including the Wes Magoohan saxophone 🎷 solo.

chirpy999

Post by chirpy999 »

I loved her music back in the 80s . Decadent Days what a tune its in my YOU TUBE favourites . This has given me a sad :cry:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:56 pm

Hazel O’Connor had to be put into an induced coma at the weekend after being found at her home in France after suffering a medical incident.

Her song, “will you” is a sensational piece of music, including the Wes Magoohan saxophone 🎷 solo.
Sad news. I loved her stuff. I was mostly a metal fan in those days (still am, mostly) but also liked a lot of the punk and Ska stuff out then too. Whilst more commercial, "Will you" never got the credit it deserved as an amazingly well written and performed song. Hope she pulls through.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Aisling Murphy, a young woman murdered by an evil I can't even imagine.
Watching her funeral today, I struggled to hold back my tears.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:

Is this it mate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDa-uPzlzDg

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:35 pm
StuartL wrote:

Is this it mate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDa-uPzlzDg
Yes mate, that song for some reasons, moves me, love the haunting sax 🎷

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Had some sad news that a friend of mine from childhood passed away last Friday from a heart attack at 52 :( :cry:

Knew him from the age of 9, when we played football together and went to the same school.

At about 15 /16 he was in my group of 5 best friends and later married one of our other friends sister.

Leaves behind his wife, a son of 17 and a daughter of 12. :(

I moved away from the area but he would be one who I would really look forward to having a beer and a laugh with at any re-union.

Big reminder to all, enjoy your lives as best you can , do what you really want to fit in while you have your health to do it as one day it will be too late.

🍻

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:29 pm
Had some sad news that a friend of mine from childhood passed away last Friday from a heart attack at 52 :( :cry:

Knew him from the age of 9, when we played football together and went to the same school.

At about 15 /16 he was in my group of 5 best friends and later married one of our other friends sister.

I moved away from the area but he would be one who I would really look forward to having a beer and a laugh with at any re-union.

Big reminder to all, enjoy your lives as best you can , do what you really want to fit in while you have your health to do it as one day it will be too late.

🍻
Sorry for your loss Stu. And wise words. 8)

I know your loss mate. I've lost 3 close friends in the last ten years and I still struggle to accept they are gone.

My own recent health scare really shook me up a bit too about how fragile this life can be.

Be safe Gooners and tell your loved ones you love em. 8)

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:19 pm
StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:29 pm

🍻
Sorry for your loss Stu. And wise words. 8)

I know your loss mate. I've lost 3 close friends in the last ten years and I still struggle to accept they are gone.

My own recent health scare really shook me up a bit too about how fragile this life can be.

Be safe Gooners and tell your loved ones you love em. 8)
Cheers DB, I guess it also hits home that I’m no longer a spring chicken, and as you poignantly say, not to take your own health for granted.

🍻