SOUTHAMPTON HOME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
green gooner

Re: SOUTHAMPTON HOME THREAD

Post by green gooner »

Emmanuel_eboue27 wrote:Do you think koscielny will finally start? Can see us conceding our first goal against them but winning. 3-1.
It would be hard to justify not sticking with a backline that has kept 3 clean sheets so for. Kos, although much improved, must wait to the dreaded curse of international injury puts someone out.

villej

Post by villej »

green gooner wrote:
Emmanuel_eboue27 wrote:Do you think koscielny will finally start? Can see us conceding our first goal against them but winning. 3-1.
It would be hard to justify not sticking with a backline that has kept 3 clean sheets so for. Kos, although much improved, must wait to the dreaded curse of international injury puts someone out.
A difficult decision for Wenger but I wouldn't change the backline at the moment. Koscielny might be our best central defender but he is lacking match fitness.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

villej wrote:
green gooner wrote:
Koscielny might be our best central defender but he is lacking match fitness.
:shock: :shock:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Sutch wrote:
villej wrote:
green gooner wrote:
kos has been our best cb for a while mate

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sutch wrote:
villej wrote:
green gooner wrote:
kos has been our best cb for a while mate
In terms of positioning maybe. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Kos but for me he's inferior to Verm in all other departments.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

But TV5 and Kos work and gel very well together....HOwwever - They say you shouldn't change the line-upof a team that hs not lost!

Southampton are pacey in attack so might cause Mert a few problems - But his height and strength will come in useful as they put a lot of high balls into the box

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Arsenal 4 - S'ampton - 1

:barscarf: :barscarf: U.T.A :barscarf: :barscarf:

burns718

Post by burns718 »

Thing is though I would defo want Los to be playing against mancs and chavs, so Southampton would be gd for match sharpness!

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

2-0 bitches, giroud with a hat trick 8)

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

I like merts but I want to see kos and verm get that partnership up and running, an we'll have a hungry different style defender on the bench.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Mertersacker has done nothing wrong to be dropped, for years we talk about a lack of competition for places, we have it in certain areas now so until he fucks up he should keep his place.

When koscienly gets his chance then maybe he will be careful not to fuck up (and he has done in the past even though he was good for most of last year)

The team that played at Anfield should be the team that starts.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Mertesacker is a class act who's exceptional reading and positioning compliments Vermaelen's hollywood defending perfectly.

If Mertesacker is dropped then Wenger has truly lost his fucking marbles

Post by 1989 »

LDB wrote:Mertesacker is a class act who's exceptional reading and positioning compliments Vermaelen's hollywood defending perfectly.

If Mertesacker is dropped then Wenger has truly lost his fucking marbles
+1

One of the main reasons why we haven't conceded yet has to do with the Big Fucking German.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

skizz_b wrote:2-0 bitches, giroud with a hat trick 8)

:| :lol:

Delorean Dor's

Post by Delorean Dor's »

I've been rubbing my lucky wart each day so a win is definitely on the cards, I just hopes it's Arsenal :barscarf:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

we are surely going to conceed a goal this time so I am optimistically going for a 1-1 draw