Annoying fans you have sadly met along the way

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sutch

Re: Annoying fans you have sadly met along the way

Post by Sutch »

Some moral high ground guy in the FA Cup Semi at Wembley in 09. I was in the first row of the upper tier (ironically with that "In Arsene We Trust" Banner right in front of where I was, no it's not mine :lol: ). During the second half when we were 2-1 down, my mate was shouting abuse at the Chelsea players out of frustration, and some guy next to us took offence and began acting like a self-righteous cock, shouting at my mate and had the opinion that shouting abuse at footballers is disgusting.

This same guy had looked lazily half-asleep for ages, looking uninterested in the game itself and briefly joined in with one song. After the heated row he decided to leave with about 20-25 of the game minutes left, looking at us every few seconds as he left. Talk about an overreaction!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

mikeyb772001 wrote:Another one is our very own AA23 / Bacon Sarnie eater / Simon Richard.

Who after years of going the grove he still insists on bringing his fucking camera and taking pictures of the players warming up and more annoyingly us!
And yes his camera not even his phone (he has an iphone) so why the need for a camera I don’t know
:lol: Good old Simon. I hate people taking photos at football but Simon's a nice bloke

Talking about annoying fans we havent heard as much from Babatunde after a few wins recently :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Mickey at it again ,what a surprise !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Err...just about everyone in Block 2 apart from my old man and a couple of his fellow greyhairs. Even they have their moments :D

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

At the grove a seasons back for a game against utd, lost three one I think and the atmosphere was bad to say the least.
Sat behind me were a family, mum dad and young boy, dad a gooner but young lad was for some reason supporting utd, sat behind them was some loud mouth pissed/coked up wanker who started giving the young lad abuse when he half cheered as utd scored, when the boys dad told to sit down he lost the plot and started calling him every name under the sun and said he would "do him" at half time. At this point the father pulled out his police ID card and told loudmouth that he was being arrested for threatening behaviour, he nearly filled his kegs as he was taken out by uniformed police, no more mr hard man then :-)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Metalheadz Gooner wrote:in block 6 on Saturday and had the pleasure to stand all game and paid £25 for it, which was a great result. However the dicks standing behind me talking about shopping, what they're having for dinner, fifa 2013 and other bullshit did my fucking head in. Then one of them got a copy of the sun out and started to read it, fucking weirdos ! :banghead:
That reminds me of the home game we played against AC Milan a few seasons back. I'd left it late to buy tickets so only managed to get in the upper tier with a mate. We made a bit of a day of it - half day from work, early meet up, a few beers etc, and tried in vain to get some songs going. Was basically surrounded by folk discussing the meeting they had at the office that afternoon, how one of them had to get up to catch a flight to Switzerland the next morning, how his wife had just been promoted.........AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH........why are you at the f+++ing match to begin with ??

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

the best one recently was last season for the AC Milan home CL game.

the guy sat next to me turned up just before half time when we had just gone 3-0 up.
he said have I missed much? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Has anyone met Red Wumber at a game? :lol: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Metalheadz Gooner wrote:in block 6 on Saturday and had the pleasure to stand all game and paid £25 for it, which was a great result. However the dicks standing behind me talking about shopping, what they're having for dinner, fifa 2013 and other bullshit did my fucking head in. Then one of them got a copy of the sun out and started to read it, fucking weirdos ! :banghead:
That reminds me of the home game we played against AC Milan a few seasons back. I'd left it late to buy tickets so only managed to get in the upper tier with a mate. We made a bit of a day of it - half day from work, early meet up, a few beers etc, and tried in vain to get some songs going. Was basically surrounded by folk discussing the meeting they had at the office that afternoon, how one of them had to get up to catch a flight to Switzerland the next morning, how his wife had just been promoted.........AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH........why are you at the f+++ing match to begin with ??
Get this one Stevo , few years back 2-2 home V Pompey just b4 Xmas ,had visitors over from Singapore so let my 2 out to them and Sat lower west ,great seat about 14 rows back just to the right of the center line !
I'm dying as I had a bad cold and had drunk red bull and vodka at our xmas bash in a battersea tent job ????
Just before kick off mr and mrs ponsynby-smyth rock up behind me dressed in barbour jackets n hunter wellies ,we could have been at twickers or the pheasant shoot !
10 mins into the game mrs ponsenmby asks if tarquin and daddy are ok ,saying she will pick them up AS USUAL in waitrose car park 10 mins before the end ,and with that she walks out ............on checking with the people around me I found out she does this every week and the are ST's who I can only presume got in under the Islington preference shit !

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

Some twat in the Nou Camp when RVP was sent off.

Stood right in front of us & held his 8ft x 6ft flag up constantly. Couldn't see a thing.

He ended up having it taken off him.........

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SouthCoastArsenal wrote:Some twat in the Nou Camp when RVP was sent off.

Stood right in front of us & held his 8ft x 6ft flag up constantly. Couldn't see a thing.

He ended up having it taken off him.........
Was it a bedsheet?

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

Might as well have been. Fucking great big thing it was & the fella with it was a total melt

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not really annoying, as they were actually quite nice people, but they used to make me laugh. A family of Asians (Dad, 2 sons and daughter) that sat up in club level beside us (when my mate had his ST's up there a few years ago). They'd sit there and not say a word, never jump up or chant or cheer or celebrate. It was like they thought they had bought tickets for the cricket but somehow ended up with football tickets instead! :lol:

Still they were nice enough, always said hello and goodbye. I just found it strange that they were so unmoved by the games themselves. :?

potter

Post by potter »

All the ones that you lot have banned and come over to the AfC forum and call you lot names. Don't need them , don't want them.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Liverpool at home in 2010 when Diaby scored winner... A gang of from Kerry /Cork (judging by accents) sat behind me. Arrived late with the usual picnic. One was obviously there for the first time as he exclaimed that the stadium was fantastic, only one he ever saw that came close was Nou Camp...then he added that he had only ever seen Nou Camp on TV. Then they rang someone back home who was obviously watching on Sky. The asked this person "what did you think of that goal ?" When the person at other end replied that there was no goal scored , they said there was a time delay and Sky would show it later. Once wasn't funny, four or five times was torture. They left early to get another half time picnic and arrived back late to have a conversation about anything but the game and thankfully they left with about 15 minutes left. Could not understand why they were there.
Villa Real in Champions League 2009, mentioned to guy beside me that United had won and we would face them in semi..he said "great have loads of them in my fantasy team" :roll: