Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

Post by goonertux »

I realise this might come back and bite us on the arse, but I am just loving what's happening at Manure. Moyes is doing a great job, and their aging, average squad is being found out. Over the years, I've grown to detest everything about that lot, from Old Red Nose, through Whiteside, McClair, Robson, Keane, the Nevilles, Scholes, Horseface, Ferdinand, Rooney and Van Judas, and all the dodgy decisions that went their way. Although they are still getting 'celebrity' bias with referees ie Rooney's kick last week, the fear factor has disappeared and teams are going there and having a go. (If only we had!) I'd just love it if they finish outside the top four and go into the Thursday Night Challenge, or even better finish 6th or 7th. Well, fingers crossed and here's hoping!

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd!

Post by 1989 »

They are a shit team with two good strikers, one of whom is out of contract in a year and a half. They fucked up big time when they pissed 27.5m on Fellaini who doesn't fit in at all with their system. Moyes doesn't seem to know what his best team is and I've heard he's fallen out with Judas. They're gonna struggle this season and I would love it, LOVE IT if they finish outside the top 4.

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

Unfortunately they'll probably win the Champions League instead like Chelsea did.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Bunting14 wrote:Unfortunately they'll probably win the Champions League instead like Chelsea did.
Absolutely no chance!

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

United were a bit unlucky yesterday, they created plenty of chances, but Everton showed what you can achieve if you have a go at them. I'm still really disappointed at our approach when we played them.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Yes, it may come back and bite us on the arse, but it still won't stop me enjoying every single dropped point of the post-Ferguson era ; I have a long memory, and am a very, very bitter man.

8)

augie

Post by augie »

Moyes inherited an absolutely shite squad and that is a fact - yes they won the league last season but that was more to do with referee's and opposition teams fear of old ferguscum than anything else :roll: Old whickey nose knew that the writing was on the wall and that is why he fcuked off.

Thing is, that this is the time moyes needs to grow a pair or fcuk off - first thing he should do is tell old ferguscum that he should stay away from the club for a while instead of standing (or appearing to at least) to give moyes a chance. He may feel that he owes ferguscum more respect than that but the reality is that the old c*nt didn't give two fcuks about moyes when he released his book when he did and in doing so he could have caused a rift between shrek and the club that would have been beyond repair. The next thing that he needs to do is pick his players and pick his own formation - for all the stick that fellaini is getting, people are forgetting that he was a damn good player in the everton team under moyes so there is no reason why he cant replicate that in that shithole. Right now he is trying to squeeze fellaini into a system that wasn't working before he arrived (their midfield was already shite and most manc fans will admit that) and it isn't a system that suits fellaini so why stick with the system ? :o Giggs is prehistoric, cleverly and Anderson are shite, nani is a waste of fcuking space and Ashley young has lost his way big time so moyes should be tearing up the playbook that involves them and start afresh and then maybe the manc fans would cut him some slack cos most know that they need to rebuild.

All that being said, I too am loving their current malaise - I don't expect it to last (that's why I aint taking the piss too much with my manc buddies :lol: ) but their arrogance over the years has truly pissed me off so it would be wrong of me not to enjoy this decline for as long as it lasts :lol: :barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

i still don't, and probably never will, understand what is it so special with moyes. average manager, made an average team look average for a decade, won fuck all (never got close to it), and then got the job after the most successful manager ever. makes no sense in my head.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

You bottler Augie :roll: :lol:

I will give them all as much stick as I can while it lasts, they have been giving it to me for these past years so I'm going for it, all out piss taking :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

the saddest thing of all is that we still couldn't beat them :oops:

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

markyp wrote:the saddest thing of all is that we still couldn't beat them :oops:
partybreaker :P
1989 wrote: I've heard he's fallen out with Judas.
If Judas would want to leave because of Moyes (and he wouldn't be sacked yet), would anyone accept him back?
Hipoteticaly of course, I know that he wouldn't like to come back based on last celebration and Barca or someone would jump in and take him.. but would any of you? :lol:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

A world class striker signing for the Arsenal you say?

Nah, not interested!

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:You bottler Augie :roll: :lol:

I will give them all as much stick as I can while it lasts, they have been giving it to me for these past years so I'm going for it, all out piss taking :barscarf:
Me Too! Give it to 'em.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

it just goes to show how much referees, the PL and the FA were beholden to old red nose.

United were their cash cow from the very start. we have always been the challengers - right back to the 2point deduction and previous brawls.

their success really was based on bias, fear of playing at OT and an exceptional year class of youth players combined with $$$$ all added to a decent manager. no i don't think he was a genuis, just an average one with unlimited resources.

now the $$$$ is a bit levelled out and their youth set up is shite. and they didn't spend this summer.

no way would we buy anyone on their team except RVP and perhaps De Gea, the new kid and Hernandez.

whereas they'd love Kos, BFG, Caz, Ozil, Ramsey and Giroud. Probably Chez too.

i'm loving it too - i think they'll struggle to get 5th. which if so, you think Rooney and RvP will stick around ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Every time they drop points I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Hope they go down :barscarf:

Couldn't happen to a nicer shower of despicable bastards.