St Totteringhams Day

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

St Totteringhams Day

Post by MK Gould »

Seems much later than normal, but according to my calculations it COULD be Sunday. Of course, that would mean we would need to win at Hull but that would be enough if Spurs lost at home to Fulham :barscarf: !

Or is there a flaw in my calculations :oops: ?

gp543

Re: St Totteringhams Day

Post by gp543 »

MK Gould wrote:Seems much later than normal, but according to my calculations it COULD be Sunday. Of course, that would mean we would need to win at Hull but that would be enough if Spurs lost at home to Fulham :barscarf: !

No, you are correct. St. Totteringham's day would be Easter Sunday. :rubchin: :lol:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

MK Gould wrote:Seems much later than normal
Eh? The last two seasons running, it hasn't occurred until the very last day of the season.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

St Totteringham's day is not coming :lol: :lol:

Not this weekend anyway. They'll beat Fulham :(

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

MK Gould wrote:Seems much later than normal, but according to my calculations it COULD be Sunday. Of course, that would mean we would need to win at Hull but that would be enough if Spurs lost at home to Fulham :barscarf: !

Much latter than normal.Have you been in a cave for the final day of the last two season's?

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

I know given our lead and the amount of games left that we should finish ahead of them, but I always get a bad feeling when I see these presumptuous-type threads!! :worried:

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:I know given our lead and the amount of games left that we should finish ahead of them, but I always get a bad feeling when I see these presumptuous-type threads!! :worried:
Fear not.

We're 7 points clear with four games left, we'd have to lose twice and draw whilst Tottenham win all their games to be caught. Impossible.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

And the goal difference is worth another point. They have a zero difference, ours is something like +18 IIRC.

topcat

Post by topcat »

This day will be on the last day of the season I reckon.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Ok...so I did manage to forget that it was closer these last two years than I gave them credit for. But I still don't consider it presumptious... It's unlikely that it will be this weekend, but it is fact that it could be!

All we need to do is match them for points over the next couple of games. So I think it will be secured at home to Newcastle - with two games to spare...

bunch

Post by bunch »

Next weekend.

REB

Post by REB »

it was more fun when it happened in feb/march :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Its always a good day whenever it arrives. The greatest part is starting all over again in July when they've spunked another 50m+ on shit, have a new Messiah and I get to listen to my neighbours telling me how "this year will definitely be the year we overtake Arsenal".

Long may it continue !

Herd

Post by Herd »

Without counting chickens today could be the day , a must have 3 points could also seal 4th spot and the virtual trophy !
Will feel strange wanting City to win a game !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

If we win tonight we will be 7 pts clear with only 2 games remaining