St Totteringhams Day

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: St Totteringhams Day

Post by nut flush gooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:We finished above the scum this season more by luck and chance than any skill - So although we can laugh at the scumfans - There is no mistaking they will be stronger and better next season - Under the delusional fool that cannot be said with any certainty. Some Gooners think he will buy the players we need because of the level of anti-wenker protests this season...

Some believe he will do the usual - he has hinted as much already when in his post villa match interview with 5 Live - he suggested that Giroud would still be the main striker next season....That fellow Gooners speaks volumes.

So while it is good to be able to enjoy/celebrate something (finishing above the scum again) to me it feels more like 'relief' than anyhting - It was a close run thing...Who knows if our luck will hold next season.

Have a Good Summer.

WENGERCUNT OUT! :barscarf:

How do you think they'll be stronger and better next year?

More games and lots of travelling won't be easy for the squad they have. Potch plays very high tempo and their back-up players are a significant step down. They've had few injuries and when one or two of their key players have been out they've struggled.

They'll have to get better players in at a time when the PL will be flush with cash and I'm sure there'll be a lot of their current squad who want a pay rise.

Is it 20 St.Totts days in a row? FOREVERIN OUR SHADOW.
For the spuds this was an even bigger opportunity than for us to win a PL title. Lets be honest the standard was pretty poor this season. Not one big club can honestly say they had a good season.

With the extra money coming into the PL through football rights, it will attract the best players who may have looked at Barca or RM in the past. We can now match their salaries or get close,, and there is no doubt our league is viewed as the most entertaining in the world.

The big issue for the spuds is they are now in a period of transition, the costs of the new stadium will start to kick in. Levy is a financial man, I don't expect him to open the wallet when they have a £400m plus bill for rebuilding shite hart lane. Pochetino is perfect for Levy, his net spend over the last few years is negative and I expect this to continue. However, this was a freak season I really don't expect anything other than the big money sides to dominate and win the PL in years to come. And that's why the spuds are in total meltdown over on Glory Glory. They knew this was possibly their lifetime chance to win the fucker, and to finish below a poor Arsenal side makes it even worse!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

So after the miracle of assembling the best team of young, exciting English players known to man, Pochettino has miraculously managed to out-Spurs all of his predecessors and somehow managed to end up finishing below us.

I think two miracles qualifies him to be canonised doesn't it?

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

From Glory, Glory -

"I am going round the house collecting everything I own with Tottenham on and will take it down to oxfam, seriously the last straw for me, why should we care if the club does not care, they took us for a ride for so long, today they just lost a fan, I suppose they wont care because they can replace me with some american or asian fan, that is what the premiership has become.

But I am sad, because today is the day I stopped being a Tottenham fan."

Christ! I thought we were bad on here!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Most hollow tottingham's day ever - yes it is always good to finish above the scum, and yes the way that they balls'd up the last month makes it funny, but it also has given wenger a reason to crow and listening to those akb w*nkers singing to1aw makes my f.ucking blood boil :evil: :evil:

F.uck sperz
F.uck Arsenal
F.uck arsole wenker
Fuck akb's
F.uck football

:evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Fuck's sake, man - take a day off. You hate Wenger - WE GET IT!!! :banghead:

:lol: :wink:

Augie - take enjoyment where you can, mate. St Totteringham's Day is our tradition. Doesn't matter when where or how it happens, only that it happens. :barscarf: 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I couldn't resist going on the Glory Glory site
"This will destroy us mentally going forward I think. The players will be reminded of this all summer and going into next season."
fantastic!!! :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:I couldn't resist going on the Glory Glory site
"This will destroy us mentally going forward I think. The players will be reminded of this all summer and going into next season."
fantastic!!! :D :barscarf: :barscarf:
How is ItchyBaba taking it? Did you say hi to him from all his friends at The Gooner? :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

found an even better quote

"We needed 3 points from the last 12 to finish ahead of our local rivals who we haven't finished ahead of in 20 years. That's an Arsenal side having their worst season in a long time and where the fans want their manager sacked. We've been talking for months about our great season and a power shift. And we bottle it. Again. Except this time we don't just bottle it. We do it in unprecedented fashion. We lose 5-1 to a team already relegated side who were down to 10 men at 2-1. That allows a poor Arsenal side to finish ahead of us."

perfectly summed up by a spuds fan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:found an even better quote

"We needed 3 points from the last 12 to finish ahead of our local rivals who we haven't finished ahead of in 20 years. That's an Arsenal side having their worst season in a long time and where the fans want their manager sacked. We've been talking for months about our great season and a power shift. And we bottle it. Again. Except this time we don't just bottle it. We do it in unprecedented fashion. We lose 5-1 to a team already relegated side who were down to 10 men at 2-1. That allows a poor Arsenal side to finish ahead of us."

:lol: :lol:

It's like poetry. :barscarf: 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

quite simply yesterday was the most fun ive had at the corporates stadium Ever .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Hartson still hanging out with Lord Lucan, Shergar and Dele Alli I take it ?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

cardinal2011 wrote:From Glory, Glory -

"I am going round the house collecting everything I own with Tottenham on and will take it down to oxfam, seriously the last straw for me, why should we care if the club does not care, they took us for a ride for so long, today they just lost a fan, I suppose they wont care because they can replace me with some american or asian fan, that is what the premiership has become.

But I am sad, because today is the day I stopped being a Tottenham fan."

Christ! I thought we were bad on here!!!
Just because people are poor and may be relying on Oxfam for some handouts there is no need to further humiliate them with Tottenham gear..

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:found an even better quote

It's like poetry. :barscarf: 8)

That spurs fan needs to get that on a t-shirt

:barscarf: :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:Most hollow tottingham's day ever - yes it is always good to finish above the scum, and yes the way that they balls'd up the last month makes it funny, but it also has given wenger a reason to crow and listening to those akb w*nkers singing to1aw makes my f.ucking blood boil :evil: :evil:

F.uck sperz
F.uck Arsenal
F.uck arsole wenker
Fuck akb's
F.uck football

:evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Great, at least there is one voice of sanity on here.

Arsenal fans never learn. By all means celebrate Spurs latest hilarious demise ... but do NOT do in front of those c-ntish players, manager and AKBs because they are deluded enough fuckers already.

Yesterday is like injecting yourself with heroin. One short term thrill ... followed by one long term fucking downer. Wenger's getting another 3 year deal because of how this season finished - just like he got one when every sung his fucking name at the parade after the 2014 FA Cup.

Conclusion: Arsenal fans deserve exactly what they get!

( And yeah I'm glad I wasnt there yesterday. I hate smiling happy faces in a crowd on a hot sunny day! Nothing pisses me off more that that! :D :D )

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Clash wrote:Great, at least there is one voice of sanity on here.

Arsenal fans never learn. By all means celebrate Spurs latest hilarious demise ... but do NOT do in front of those c-ntish players, manager and AKBs because they are deluded enough fuckers already.

Yesterday is like injecting yourself with heroin. One short term thrill ... followed by one long term fucking downer. Wenger's getting another 3 year deal because of how this season finished - just like he got one when every sung his fucking name at the parade after the 2014 FA Cup.

Conclusion: Arsenal fans deserve exactly what they get!

( And yeah I'm glad I wasnt there yesterday. I hate smiling happy faces in a crowd on a hot sunny day! Nothing pisses me off more that that! :D :D )
Smoke it, fool. This is a no-jacking zone. 8)

:lol: :wink:

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Was it ever in any doubt :twisted:

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: