CL Draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gp543

CL Draw

Post by gp543 »

Alright, another season in the Round of 16. We're there, so might as well go for it.

Sides we can draw:

Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, PSG/Barca (Depending on tomorrow), Porto, Monaco or Bayern Munich.

Think we can put Porto or Monaco out. PSG and Atletico would be tight. Munich, Real or Barca are no hopers.

Monday the 15th at 1100.

mattyb

Re: CL Draw

Post by mattyb »

:hmmthink:

We are screwed ...same old shit every year...

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

:hmmthink:

We are screwed ...same old shit every year...

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Monaco won their group but only scored four goals on the way.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

On our way out as usual. If we do get lucky and end up with one of the easier teams, we will go out in the round after. Let's get PSG or Monaco and hopefully Wanker can stay there.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Bradywasking wrote:Monaco won their group but only scored four goals on the way.
That is one of the all-time pub quiz stats. Surely a record, no?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

I just don't want to draw Bayern or Barca; so boring playing them again in the knockouts. Real would give us a right good battering sadly.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Get some players back from injuries, and bring on anyone.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

afcforever wrote:Get some players back from injuries, and bring on anyone.
Yes. And I think that no-one else will get injured between now and then. :lol:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Without wishing to drown in negativity before a ball is kicked; I'd fear anyone right now. We have arguably a better squad than Porto and Monaco, but Wenger's tactical ineptitude means we are so easily worked out it is untrue, so even those wouldn't be a given.

We might be better off with one of the stronger sides, gee ourselves up and think: "Fuck it, we've nothing to lose".

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Considering we struggle with the likes of Hull, Stoke and Leicester, I fail to see how anyone would think we'd turn up and walk through Monaco or Porto.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

realistically, i don't think that over two legs we have a hope against any of them.

for the away fans sake then i hope we get psg, monaco or Athletico.

and for their future careers sake i hope neither martinez or chambers are playing :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Bring on real Madrid - wenker has been bent over by Milan, barca and Bayern in recent seasons so surely it must be real madrids turn to have their way with us ?

That being said, if we got drawn against ath Madrid and lost to them, le cock wouldn't be able to use financial resources as his excuse

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

augie wrote:Bring on real Madrid - wenker has been bent over by Milan, barca and Bayern in recent seasons so surely it must be real madrids turn to have their way with us ?

That being said, if we got drawn against ath Madrid and lost to them, le cock wouldn't be able to use financial resources as his excuse
He could say the same for Monaco too thanks to their tax status.

After all, he should know. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I really don't want to be in this competition anymore - am fed up with the financial importance attached to it and am also curious to see if the prices of season tickets drop with none of europe's elite coming to the grove. I would much rather focus our attention on the prem league and fa cup and then maybe build from there