Danny Welbeck frozen out?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Danny Welbeck frozen out?

Post by SteveO 35 »

Derek Acorah wrote:I have to admit, I was surprised when Arsenal came in for Welbeck.

He's not a type of player who will score anywhere near 20 goals a season. He isn't even that good on the left wing.

I always thought that Newcastle was around his level, not Arsenal.
Exactly right. I loved all the outrage from the Offended of Tunbridge Wells brigade when Van Gaal stated the obvious about his goal scoring record compared to the other strikers United had at the time. Welwide will never score 20 goals a season, that much is obvious. He had a prolonged run up front when he first joined and Giroud was injured and apart from a flat track bully hattrick against woeful oppo in the CL, he snatched at chances and never looked like a big game player. Fair play to him for scoring the goal at OT in the cup.....but it was a woeful defensive error and he had the pace to nick it round the keeper.

I think people warm to him because he kept plugging away at United and never moaned about lack of opportunities - people still love a wholehearted player and he is definitely that. Sadly, he isn't the striker we craved or needed

rodders999

Re: Danny Welbeck frozen out

Post by rodders999 »

northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Thursday August 27th, transfer window open -

"Welbeck is progressing well and should be back after the international break."

Thursday September 3rd, transfer window closed -

"Danny Welbeck has undergone surgery on his left knee after being unable to sufficiently step up his rehabilitation work.
Danny is now expected to be out for a period of months and everyone at Arsenal wishes him well"

Arsene PLC treating it's fans like sh1t
Just completely and utterly fraudulent
Everyone at the club knew last week he would need an op yet that cretin comes out and fucking blatantly lies to the fans so he can see out the end of the window like the cowardly has been piece piece of shit that he is.

FUCK OFF WENGER

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I'm

Beyond

Caring

:suicide:

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Thursday August 27th, transfer window open -

"Welbeck is progressing well and should be back after the international break."

Thursday September 3rd, transfer window closed -

"Danny Welbeck has undergone surgery on his left knee after being unable to sufficiently step up his rehabilitation work.
Danny is now expected to be out for a period of months and everyone at Arsenal wishes him well"

Arsene PLC treating it's fans like sh1t
Just completely and utterly fraudulent
Everyone at the club knew last week he would need an op yet that cretin comes out and fucking blatantly lies to the fans so he can see out the end of the window like the cowardly has been piece piece of shit that he is.

FUCK OFF WENGER
Yep! But its not the first time or last time he will do that.

The lack of respect Wenger has for the fans of the club is staggering. And yet so many of the fans he treats with contempt still say we should respect him :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Derek Acorah wrote:I have to admit, I was surprised when Arsenal came in for Welbeck.

He's not a type of player who will score anywhere near 20 goals a season. He isn't even that good on the left wing.

I always thought that Newcastle was around his level, not Arsenal.
Exactly right. I loved all the outrage from the Offended of Tunbridge Wells brigade when Van Gaal stated the obvious about his goal scoring record compared to the other strikers United had at the time. Welwide will never score 20 goals a season, that much is obvious. He had a prolonged run up front when he first joined and Giroud was injured and apart from a flat track bully hattrick against woeful oppo in the CL, he snatched at chances and never looked like a big game player. Fair play to him for scoring the goal at OT in the cup.....but it was a woeful defensive error and he had the pace to nick it round the keeper.

I think people warm to him because he kept plugging away at United and never moaned about lack of opportunities - people still love a wholehearted player and he is definitely that. Sadly, he isn't the striker we craved or needed
Apart from that hat-trick he scored 5 goals in 33 games.

Super-quality. £16m is a fair chunk of money to spunk away on useless shite like him.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:I'm

Beyond

Caring

:suicide:
:cheers:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I don't know why anyone is concerned about Wellbeck being out. Most people have spent the last year referring to him as "Wellshit" and other names so I would assume that his absence should be a cause for celebration no concern!

augie

Post by augie »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I don't know why anyone is concerned about Wellbeck being out. Most people have spent the last year referring to him as "Wellshit" and other names so I would assume that his absence should be a cause for celebration no concern!

That applies to me but only tells half the story because, as any of my manure supporting buddies will testify, I have spent the last 5 years calling him wellshit. I don't know if I'm supposed to be a total hypocrite here and proclaim him to be a great player now that he is wearing a cannon on his chest, but that isn't the way I am and I prefer to call it as I see it. For what it is worth I would fractionally prefer up to be our starting no.9 ahead of giroud (don't even suggest wally) - we need more mobility than giroud brings and he would bring that plus some sort of size

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

arseofacrow wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:This injury, plus the injury to Rosicky, are probably the reasons we kept Joel Campbell.
Might even see Iwobi or Reine-Adelaide get some playing time too in midfield.
Joel Campbell

:coffeespit:

Just waiting for us to recall sanogo

:wink:

Like everyone else I think we needed to buy a striker this summer. However, give Campbell a break. He hasn't had any playing time for us yet but only last year after the world cup was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Everyone was crying out for Wenger to keep him at Arsenal and bring him into the team. Now all of a sudden, people are dismissing him saying he's not what we need.
Give him a run in the team and let's see what he can do. It may be he's just what we need but give the bloke a chance for fuck sake.

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

The club will put a spin on this that if they came out the week before and said Welbeck was injured that it would have driven up the market as clubs then knew how badly arsenal needed a striker in the last few days/ hours. This still does not take away from the fact however that regardless of this injury we needed a 20 + goal a season striker, and unless joel "world cup" Campbell hits the ground running we are a few injury's away from a complete nightmare

Again bad man management from mister winger

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

enjibenji wrote:The club will put a spin on this that if they came out the week before and said Welbeck was injured that it would have driven up the market as clubs then knew how badly arsenal needed a striker in the last few days/ hours. This still does not take away from the fact however that regardless of this injury we needed a 20 + goal a season striker, and unless joel "world cup" Campbell hits the ground running we are a few injury's away from a complete nightmare

Again bad man management from mister winger
Fair enough the club sits on it until they buy the striker we needed regardless of Welbecks injury.

We are 1 injury away either Giroud or Coq, as neither has replacements.

Total incompetence for £8m a year :roll: but who else is there ?
:rubchin:
Can you name any manager in world football, who does not even attempt to strengthen their team already lacking the required quality to challenge at the top let alone win the blasted thing.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

In the (albeit limited) playing time he has had for us Joel Campbell has given every indication that he is all fart and no shit at this level.

Runs around and looks busy but doesn't get into any dangerous positions and has an incredible knack of finding blind alleys to run down a la Carlos Vela.

I don't think Welbeck is really a miss at all as he is incredibly average but I am pissed off at the sheer deceitfulness of the club in bottling this story until the transfer window closed. Anybody with half a brain can see we ain't going to win the title without a quality striker and as if this wasn't enough we've scored 3 goals in 4 games. 2 of which have been own goals. Wenger just didn't want the increased scrutiny of admitting that one of our striking options was out for at least five months because his inactions would have been utterly indefensible. The club is a disgrace and we are a laughing stock.

Sean

Post by Sean »

So it looks like he'll be out for a year, just about.

Not a single fuck is given by anyone at the club. Shame, really.

What the fuck is it about our training and medical staff? :banghead:

Midz

Post by Midz »

It is an unfortunate fact that Welbeck coming back from injury just isn't of any interest or worth to anybody at Arsenal.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fucking useless when he was fit.
Danny Average.