When Spurs fans were giving it large… (Feb 6)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

When Spurs fans were giving it large… (Feb 6)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter. always remember. spuds played a total of 40 matches in all competitions last season. and they still did not have enough in the tank to overcome the mighty gunners. well, let's face it, whatever was left in the tank was dispensed with in the loos at the marriot. 8)

Steve

Post by Steve »

I think you are being a tad unfair. If we had had to play Leicester City and the mighty Grimsby Town in the cups we may have struggled too. I'd go as far as to say we may have needed to play a first team player in at least one of the games. With a horrendous draw like that I think they done well to only lose out by the odd goal. When you bear in mind we only had to play away at West Brom, Everton, Liverpool (twice), Spuds (home and away) and Bolton at home in this years cup competitions mostly with our knee biters, we would expect to still be in all competitions. So stop being so nasty and give the poor lads a break. They will be a big club again some day and will go on to rule the Istmian league for years to come. They may have to improve their hovel slightly to get into the Comference, but that's an envious position to be. I salute you heebies, dumb to the core. :oops:

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Yeah valid points Steve, I'll lay off them next time!!! :D

gooner Erol

spuds artical

Post by gooner Erol »

What a very well written artical!.........i can still hear the spuds fans singing at Highbury last April , 'YOUR JUST A ONE MAN TEAM! , YOUR JUST A ONE MAN TEAM! , YOUR JUST A ONE.........HAHAHAHA

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

When Spurs fans were giving it large (part two)

Oh my aching sides!!!

Take a butchers at this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4YTTmX-JIc

'I left early and presumed it finished two nil'

Yes, unlike Arsenal and their middle class nuveau football fans (as seen on the Fast Show circa 1997), Spurs have 'real' fans. You know those who have waited patiently for seven years to beat their deadly rivals, then fuck off home early and log on to YouTube without even checking Ceefax for the final result.

Probably rushed off to book his tickets for the final, like in 1987.

BTW - I'm A60RPU, shutting up a racist wanker of a Spurs fan on this page.[/url]