Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:31 am
modern fans obsession with stats, who come out with phrase " stats dont lie" :D

Why dont they just watch a player and judge from that :rubchin:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Redarmy wrote:
modern fans who come out with phrase " stats dont lie" :D er...yes they mislead

One word - Denilson :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nick Nack wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:08 pm
Redarmy wrote:
modern fans who come out with phrase " stats dont lie" :D er...yes they mislead

One word - Denilson :shock:
Amen.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

One month until we play Wolves away but yet we have no idea what day or time this match will take place.

Ridiculous and appalling for the away fans

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:10 pm
One month until we play Wolves away but yet we have no idea what day or time this match will take place.

According to Arsenal.com its down for sat April 20th ,but as the TV companies haven't picked what games there showing yet ,it could be moved to the sun.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:28 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

According to Arsenal.com its down for sat April 20th ,but as the TV companies haven't picked what games there showing yet ,it could be moved to the sun.
Have to wait until FA Cup Semi kick off times are set. Assuming one FA semi is 5:30pm on Saturday and other is 4pm on Sunday. Also as Arsenal will be travelling back from Munich on Wednesday night/Thursday morning it will most likely be the Saturday 1230 game…

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

They just don't give a flying fuck about the customers - oops, sorry - fans. :roll:

I remember back in the 80s through the mid 90s, I'd just write to the club each month or so, pick whatever upcoming games I wanted tickets for, pick a couple back up options, and boom a couple weeks later the tickets would arrive by post. Nearly always the games I wanted and the stand I wanted (NB baby!). It was a great system for me I must say. 8)

Of course that was before money and TV all but ruined the game. :censored:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:25 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

They just don't give a flying fuck about the customers - oops, sorry - fans. :roll:

I remember back in the 80s through the mid 90s, I'd just write to the club each month or so, pick whatever upcoming games I wanted tickets for, pick a couple back up options, and boom a couple weeks later the tickets would arrive by post. Nearly always the games I wanted and the stand I wanted (NB baby!). It was a great system for me I must say. 8)

Back in 88 me and some mates turned up on the night for the Littlewoods Cup semi final v Everton and got in on the night. Highbury was packed and we gave them a good old rodgering :shock: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nick Nack wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Back in 88 me and some mates turned up on the night for the Littlewoods Cup semi final v Everton and got in on the night. Highbury was packed and we gave them a good old rodgering :shock: :barscarf:
Back in 1972 me and a mate bunked off school and went to highbury FA cup replay against chavs....well over 60,000 in the stadium....beat them 2-1 absolutely brilliant atmosphere will never forget....before sky/money and all that shit ruined the game

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Back in 1972 me and a mate bunked off school and went to highbury FA cup replay against chavs....well over 60,000 in the stadium....beat them 2-1 absolutely brilliant atmosphere will never forget....before sky/money and all that shit ruined the game

I was at that game too Red. We got a disputed penalty to score the winner. Frank worked hard on the ref and linesman to get the decision, badgering them for ages. The first game was obviously at their place on the Saturday and I saw it at the Dalston Odeon. A 2-2 draw and the only live game I've ever seen at the pictures. :lol: Fucking incredible atmosphere in there, like being on the terraces, but sitting in cinema seats :lol: .

We must be a similar age.

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:02 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I was at that game too Red. We got a disputed penalty to score the winner. Frank worked hard on the ref and linesman to get the decision, badgering them for ages. The first game was obviously at their place on the Saturday and I saw it at the Dalston Odeon. A 2-2 draw and the only live game I've ever seen at the pictures. :lol: Fucking incredible atmosphere in there, like being on the terraces, but sitting in cinema seats :lol: .

Pension age :wink: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nick Nack wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:30 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Pension age :wink: :lol:
Wow!.. Good to know I'm not the only Old Skool Gooner on here... :D :oops: :pixie2:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

The new Ireland jersey is €140.

Absolute madness

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:14 pm
The new Ireland jersey is €140.

Absolute madness

Yeah! It's a rip off just like the new Wales Top £72.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Probably Retro....Yes remember it was on at cinema, cant remember if we went to chelsea...but saw all away games in London from 1971 to around 1975....sure Alan Ball was playing ...we was loosing 1-0...and Geordie Armstrong got brought down....ref said no penalty at first then changed his mind....we got in ground early about 18:00 i think and it was already nearly full...fans signing at least 30 mins before kick off...that dont happen nowadays...Nortbank absolutely packed :D :D :D
Played Leeds in Final...Leeds fan gave me a ticket for face value :D ...shit final....Fella next to me threw a bottle which just missed Alan Clarkes head..
Dont think Clarke even saw it :D