Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:27 pm
Clash wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:21 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:07 pm
Btw I have just watched highlights of a cup game we played against the geordies in his bruce rioch's reign .... fcuk me it was a different ball game. The tackles that nutty and dixon put in would get you jailed nowadays, and there was a real vibrancy about the game 8)
Saw that game recently too Augie. I watch more old football than the current over-hyped, marketed shite.

The pace, aggression and defensive organisation for the period beginning around the late 70s to around the mid 2000s is totally different to now. 100x more watchable than the slow, continental, sideways pass-it-to-death shit we get today.

Also one of the main reasons I consider Maradona the best player ever because he played in the toughest era. Pele, Best, Eusebio etc all got kicked but their game was slower and they had more space. In contrast Messi and fake Ronaldo don’t get so much space but they’re not allowed to be kicked.

Give me any game pre 2006 and I’ll watch it but I fucking hate modern football :censored:
100% bang on the money mate. 8) except for the bit about the Argie drug addict. :wink:
:lol:

Think the drugs he took were arguably detrimental to his game so he was probably even better than he looked. The point you made on the RIP thread about it being horseshit that Maradona won a World Cup and 2 titles in Italy singlehanded is completely right though! 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:00 pm
Always gets left off the list but Cruyff the elder could play a bit.
I agree. He was part of the ‘’etc.’’

No need to clarify it was the elder Cruyff though my friend ... nobody would have thought you meant Jordi - the Julian Lennon of the football world :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:06 pm
A11M11 wrote:

No need to clarify it was the elder Cruyff though my friend ... nobody would have thought you meant Jordi - the Julian Lennon of the football world :lol:

He's probably the Sean Lennon of the football world! :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Hector Bellerin has been vocal in his efforts to combat climate change in recent months, and his efforts have also played into Arsenal’s decision to sign up to the UN’s Sports Climate Action Framework.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:47 am
Hector Bellerin has been vocal in his efforts to combat climate change in recent months, and his efforts have also played into Arsenal’s decision to sign up to the UN’s Sports Climate Action Framework.
Hopefully Linda Zoolander will design a nice top to go with it. :roll: :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:33 am
Clash wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:06 pm
A11M11 wrote:

Or the Aaron Lennon

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

One of his better quotes that a few of ours would do well to read.

Johan Cruyff: ′′ The technique is not being able to juggle a ball 1.000 times Anyone can do that by practicing. Then he goes and works at the circus. The technique is to pass the ball to a touch, with the right speed, at the right time, to the right foot of your partner ".

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Further job cuts at Arsenal, this time within the club's ticketing department. However global fan groups are urging Vinai Venkatesham to reconsider a decision the club say will offer a "effective service" to supporters around the world.

No chance of Vinai taking a pay cut i suppose??

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Or the Aaron Lennon
More Neil Lennon I reckon!! 😀

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:51 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:47 am
Hopefully Linda Zoolander will design a nice top to go with it. :roll: :lol:
There you go:

EA Sports have now teamed up with Bellerin to give the Spaniard the chance to design five kits for their VOLTA Football game mode on their latest FIFA release.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

https://www.football365.com/news/mike-d ... th-threats

Is it too much to think "good enough for ya you ****"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:04 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:03 am
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:48 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:51 am
Oh it gets better.... apparently its "insulting" for a woman to be considered for the men's team managers job. :roll: :lol:

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com ... -insulting

The fucking sense of delusional entitlement these cùnts carry around with them is astonishing. :roll:

STAY IN YOUR OWN FUCKING GAME. :censored:
Hayes said: "First of all, I think it’s important we talk about my game tomorrow - I’m the manager of Chelsea.

“I manage and represent elite world-class players and for me, this is an amazing job I’ve spent nine years cultivating all of my energy into.

fuck yeah....

Let it live on its own and see how long it lasts....its a parasite living on the back of mens football....thats fair enough but dont then claim its world class as below:
Australian women's national team lose 7-0 to team of 15-year-old boys. Australia's women's football team are ranked the fifth best side in world football :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
I’m not even sure I’d watch women’s football if Kylie and Danni minogue were playing naked in my back garden,it’s fucking shit,end of

Let me know when it is on and I'll be there - I'll be the one that is surrounded by a load of lesbo's wet at the sight of them naked, and I will have an erection that will knock planes out of the sky

:shock:

:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:30 pm
https://www.football365.com/news/mike-d ... th-threats

Is it too much to think "good enough for ya you ****"
Fucking Jasper always the attention whore. :wink:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Like most of us, I detest Mike Dean for being the most arrogant, arsehole prick of a ref, but it is pathetic that his family are receiving death threats from no-mark keyboard warriors who think they’re untouchable and can get away with it. Not much different to the social media racists in my opinion. It’s a game, he’s a self centred arsehole, he made a mistake, get over it. Modern football bollocks of the highest order and a dangerous movement that seems to be growing.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Modern football bollox

MOTD when did the fucking idea of a 10 min slot watching Brighton players help schoolkids FFS?

All very worthy but its meant to be a football programme showing the games from the weekend, fucking patronising sanctimonious BBC