Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:55 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:26 pm
Brexit has been shit because it took several years to actually accept the result. Even now there are people on both sides trying to pull it down. The EU decided to not accept it either. And then you have COVID and the war. Clusterfuck of ingredients. The EU meanwhile is still a shit show. They have rampant inflation too.
No it was shit because those who “won” had no idea how to implement it.
And what do you mean by the EU not accepting it? Of course they did - it’s just that the UK didn’t want to accept what they had voted for. Covid and the war has nothing to do with Brexit so stop making that an excuse for its failure. The inflation in the UK has been worse than the EU. Hope that helps.
Total bullshit. Every single point.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Well, this thread has gone down a strange path!
Talk of tax evasion, Starbucks, Brexit, NHS. And all these issues come down to the complete clusterfuck of a Government that has been in power for 13 years!
Brexit was planned on the basis of tax evasion for the millionaires and billionaires and then sold to the racists and xenophobes as the threat of immigrants.
And what a result that has turned out to be!
Highest fuel prices in Europe, raw sewage emptied into our rivers and waterways, restrictions on work and travel in Europe, and all for ‘Sovrenty’ and a dark blue passport.
And now most sane people can see the Government for what they are, they are now having to go back to the racists for their dwindling support.
We have about 14 months to wait till they are wiped out. And that’s despite their intended attempts at voter suppression by introducing voter I.d.
Wake up people and see what is going on.
Roll on May 2024!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:31 pm
Well, this thread has gone down a strange path!
Talk of tax evasion, Starbucks, Brexit, NHS. And all these issues come down to the complete clusterfuck of a Government that has been in power for 13 years!
Brexit was planned on the basis of tax evasion for the millionaires and billionaires and then sold to the racists and xenophobes as the threat of immigrants.
And what a result that has turned out to be!
Highest fuel prices in Europe, raw sewage emptied into our rivers and waterways, restrictions on work and travel in Europe, and all for ‘Sovrenty’ and a dark blue passport.
And now most sane people can see the Government for what they are, they are now having to go back to the racists for their dwindling support.
We have about 14 months to wait till they are wiped out. And that’s despite their intended attempts at voter suppression by introducing voter I.d.
Wake up people and see what is going on.
Roll on May 2024!
Brexit was no more political Union. Yes please we’ll have an Economic Union but you won’t let us have one without the other. When we voted out the EU were still unwilling to allow us to have an Economic Union. To have that we had to accept a Political Union. So we walked away.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Not really sure of the point you’re trying to make?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:59 pm
Not really sure of the point you’re trying to make?
I’m saying that Brexit wasn’t about racism. It was about reverting to what it was set up for. An Economic Union. Somewhere along the way were forced to allow free movement of people and to accept common laws. In essence it evolved to something we didn’t agree with. Yes there were some good bits but they were starting to be outweighed by the bad bits. It could have been much easier if we had continued in economic Union. But obviously the EU won’t allow that. The racism argument is pretty lazy. Free movement drove down wages. It will take generations to unwind it.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Feckin Hell! I thought we already had a thread for fecking Brexit, feckin EU, The Tory Feckin vermin, feckin Covid & Feckin Adolf Putin & Feckin Orange Trump! :rubchin: :blah: :censored: :cussing: :banghead:

DB10 will be hopefully along with with his ninja thread melting skills! LOL! :barscarf: :box: :D :lol: 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:50 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:33 pm
The reason you can’t get a Doctor’s appointment is because of the unintended consequence of reducing the lifetime allowance for pensions. LTAs we’re about £1.8m but were reduced to about £1m for a tax grab. A lot of senior consultants and GPs are over the allowance in their late 50s so have simply gone part time or retired early altogether. Nothing to do with immigrants.

I do make you right that the government hasn’t invested in infrastructure. Labour did build hospitals but funded them using PFI contracts which have cost a literal fortune. They are both as bad as each other in my opinion.

Regarding immigration, we can’t have thousands of people risking their lives to come here by boat. It has to stop. The Government have tried everything so far but each and every measure gets contested by human rights lawyers. I’m all ears to what the answer is. Perhaps a quota and an ability to apply from abroad. But how would that be managed. What would the quota be? I can also imagine the boats will continue because Albanians don’t have any need to come here. Criminal gangs have hijacked our more than fair legal system for their own gains. Total clusterfuck all round.
People cannot get a doctors appointment because the whole health system is mostly a shambles despite real terms spending going up, no government of any color dare reform it which is the only way to fix it as its too hot a topic and the simplistic say what a wonderful service it is etc envy if world etc. When in fact it isn't on lots of places and compares poorly to its European peers pound for pound.

At best it's a curate egg.

It will never change though as any attempt at reform gets howling from the robs of the world with some big grand idea that's its amazing as they see it as a political issue when it really shouldn't be seen as such.

So money continues be to be pored into a blackhole and things get progressively worse as people won't allow the desperate reform it needs and doctors and consultants want to to perform better than it is.
It’s a mixture of being annoyed, frustrated and saddened to see how people like you are manipulated so easily.
The NHS is a shambles and on the point of collapse due to years of under investment from the Tories who would like to see it fail.

The NHS has experienced a decade of underfunding since 2010 ( despite cash boosts in 2018 and 2019). Between 2010 and 2019 the NHS budgets rose on average just 1.4% per year, compared to 3.7% average rises since the NHS was established. These are facts.

Oh and by the way it is “poured” not pored.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:23 pm
Feckin Hell! I thought we already had a thread for fecking Brexit, feckin EU, The Tory Feckin vermin, feckin Covid & Feckin Adolf Putin & Feckin Orange Trump! :rubchin: :blah: :censored: :cussing: :banghead:

DB10 will be hopefully along with with his ninja thread melting skills! LOL! :barscarf: :box: :D :lol: 8)
This. I check this thread to moan about modern footballers diving and being bellends, not all this other shit! Keep this in the basement!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

All right lads and lady(boy)s. I've received a few thousand complaints about this thread and personally I'm pretty sick of re-reading the same old stuff we had on the Brexit thread.

So from this point onwards, I am just going to delete any posts on this part of the forum that mention the Tories, Labour, immigrants, Brexit or anything associated with them. Actually, fuck it,, that includes Lineker and the BBC.

Please feel free to continue your arguments on the Brexit thread in the Basement but please also leave out the personal insults.

But first I'm gonna lock this thread down for a few hours to let people cool down and/or find their way to the Brexit thread.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:01 am
Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:23 pm

This. I check this thread to moan about modern footballers diving and being bellends, not all this other shit! Keep this in the basement!
I'm on it boys. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OK, now unlocked. No more politics on this thread please.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yaaaaaaaaaay! :D :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:20 pm
ok I will kick off in the spirit of the title of the thread.
there used to be 2 premier league matches over the Easter weekend - now due to UEFA's stupid little competitions there is only 1 :banghead:
and thats why the season runs on until June these days... :cussing:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
there used to be 2 premier league matches over the Easter weekend - now due to UEFA's stupid little competitions there is only 1 :banghead:
There are 2 in the EFL. Orient play on Good Friday & Easter Monday. There never used be any games on Easter Sunday thanks to religious observance and supermarkets are still closed. It would suit me if Arsenal weren't playing on Sunday as we will have in laws around and I will have to record game and watch it late in the evening.

The EFL league will be over by first week of May, and they have 46 games to play. Of course, there are the play offs which follow for another 3 weeks or so. Premier League season running until end May probably has a lot to do with winter world cup, but it will be deep into June before the internationals are played.

I did read the Community Shield (which we hope Arsenal will participate in) will be held on 29 July (though I have also read 6 August), which will make for the shortest summer break ever.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
:shock: Holy Christ!

No wonder so many fans are Cross !