Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Premier League set to approve Newcastle's new sponsorship deal.

£25m a year from a company owned by their owners, 257% higher than their last shirt deal.

What's the point in FFP?

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Started watching a documentary on sky last night, about the formation of Angel City, a ‘soccer’’ team in the women’s American league, set up by actress and hot AF Natalie Portman.

I managed to last 10 minutes, watching the absolute tripe that was being spouted.

In one breath, they were saying about how the female national team have been ‘bravely’ demanding equal pay with the men’s national team, and literally 30 seconds later they were talking about how the women’s league had gone bust twice during its existence!

I know I am preaching to the converted on this forum, but women’s football needs to get a grip of itself. Making demands about investment and equal pay, when they are having to literally give tickets away to school children to try and make some revenue on the refreshments!

On a positive note, I’ve got to see the lovely Miss Portman for 10 minutes, which is about 9 1/2 minutes longer than I would last in person. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:42 pm
Premier League set to approve Newcastle's new sponsorship deal.

£25m a year from a company owned by their owners, 257% higher than their last shirt deal.

What's the point in FFP?
None! Never was, never will be. With all the abuses from Chelsea and City, they can hardly start now. The amount of money that has been wasted on this shit defies belief. Was legally unenforceable from the day it was printed, and yet they've spent 20 years employing people to administer something that is toothless. Absolutely criminal in my opinion

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wolves just been fined for their fans chanting "Chelsea rent boy" at the chavs..... :roll:

Where will the FA draw the line for what is acceptable banter between fans....? :|

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:39 pm
Wolves just been fined for their fans chanting "Chelsea rent boy" at the chavs..... :roll:

Where will the FA draw the line for what is acceptable banter between fans....? :|
It was all a bit of a joke when Wenger was the subject of abhorrent chants from opposition fans wasn’t it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Too Fucking true Mate...

How many years did he have to put up with the ScummyManc fans chanting "Sit Down You P********"
before the RedNose DrunkCunt actually said something ... And then it continued... and the FA did Sweet fuck all.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:39 pm

It was all a bit of a joke when Wenger was the subject of abhorrent chants from opposition fans wasn’t it.

Yeah.....but I used to be tempted to join in during those last 10 years. :lol:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... y-physical
The PA news agency understands the decision was made following a number of rough challenges in Friday's contest.
:D Nice one ladies, once yer hurt a bit just call the game off, now tell me...yer still expecting to earn the same as the men for that 20 minutes aint ya.....what a joke

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:34 pm
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... y-physical
The PA news agency understands the decision was made following a number of rough challenges in Friday's contest.
:D Nice one ladies, once yer hurt a bit just call the game off, now tell me...yer still expecting to earn the same as the men for that 20 minutes aint ya.....what a joke
Absolutely pathetic. :oops: And Still SlySports call these bimbos "elite athletes"..... :oops: :roll:

Elite right up until they get an owie. :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

One of them probably snapped a finger nail and so had to be rushed to the nearest Nail Parlour for an Emergency Repair and Re-Varnish job.

I mean FFS! :roll:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Dele Alli talking about the sleeping tablet issue being rife in football certainly explains Pepe’s on pitch performances the past few years.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC:

Erik ten Hag says Manchester United defender "Harry Maguire can fight his way back into the team."

Well I don't see why not? I mean he had plenty of practise whilst on holiday in in Greece :proudtosay: :D

Source "The Independent":

Harry Maguire has been found guilty of aggravated assault, resisting arrest, and repeated attempts of bribery at a court hearing in Greece following a late night brawl in Mykonos last week.

The Manchester United captain was handed a suspended prison sentence of 21 months and 10 days by a panel of three judges, who cited the fact that it was his first offence.

The hearing commenced on Tuesday, although Maguire was not present having been released from custody over the weekend. His lawyer, Alexis Anagnostakis, attempted to postpone the trial having only received the charge sheet two hours prior, but it went ahead as planned and Maguire was shown no sympathy by the judges.

The prosecution alleged Maguire, his brother, and another individual pushed police officers at the scene of the incident, attempted to break away in a van to avoid arrest, before arriving at the police department where the 27-year-old said: “I am the captain of Manchester United, I am very rich, I can give you money, I can pay you, please let us go.”

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Kingralph wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:23 pm
Dele Alli talking about the sleeping tablet issue being rife in football certainly explains Pepe’s on pitch performances the past few years.

I'm guessing you are using the term "Performances" figuratively speaking? :D

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:38 am
Kingralph wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:23 pm

I'm guessing you are using the term "Performances" figuratively speaking? :D
Performances in the same way some actors ‘perform’ as cadavers.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol:

Pepe The Walking Cadaver!

Well if we can't sell him or he doesn't wander off a cliff whilst he is Sleep Walking, sorry I mean "Performing"...We now have a Chant!

(To the tune of He Scores When He Wants!)(*)

Pepe
Pepe
He sleeps when he waaaalks!
He walks while he sleeeeeps!

(*) Sponsored By Slumberland.