KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:07 pm
I loved Highbury and dislike the Emirates but in reality with the restrictions on what could be done with the old girl the need to move was there, unfortunately the *word censored* in charge, Wenger included, then sold out to an American with no intention of being competitive.

The 50% increase in capacity should have paid dividends with the right owner, instead it was a disaster but the reality is we would be in a similar position even if still at Highbury if Wiggy or someone of his ilk had bought us.
There's no way of knowing what position we'd be in if we stayed at Highbury tbh. Would Wiggy have bought us without the big old chunk of property that is the Conglomerates Stadium? I doubt it.

But also I've never agreed with the theory "we had to move". We don't have 60,000 die hard match going supporters that will attend through both good times and bad. I said it at the time, give us a few seasons with no trophies and no CL football and watch that 60,000 drop to 40,000.

Wenger used the excuse of "no money for top players because of the new stadium debt" as a cover for his vanity project but there is no denying the move and associated debt did prevent us signing better players to some degree, just not to the extent Wenger let on. The problem with Wenger was, we had some money, but he misspent what we had on shit, terrible overpaid contracts for average players, and undeserved contract extensions and payrises for those players. :roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be honest the stadium would be full either way, until the last few seasons rarely was the stadium down to Highbury capacity levels unless a crappy Europa game or EL Cup game, with the right owners the Emirates project could have been successful in terms of generating revenue unfortunately Wenger and Wiggy were involved

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:45 am
The problem with Wenger was, we had some money, but he misspent what we had on shit, terrible overpaid contracts for average players, and undeserved contract extensions and payrises for those players. :roll:
Indeed but then this is not on Wenger, he was the manager not the owner (although under KSE he might as well have been!!).

This is why I felt like :banghead: with all the Wenger out brigade, it was a given he should have gone but he was never going to sack himself, it's not very often a manager decides to leave by themselves?.

I bet half the Wenger out brigade either support another club, don't watch football anymore or are now 'Kroenke out' (ironically).

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
The problem with Wenger was, we had some money, but he misspent what we had on shit, terrible overpaid contracts for average players, and undeserved contract extensions and payrises for those players. :roll:
Indeed but then this is not on Wenger, he was the manager not the owner (although under KSE he might as well have been!!).

This is why I felt like :banghead: with all the Wenger out brigade, it was a given he should have gone but he was never going to sack himself, it's not very often a manager decides to leave by themselves?.

I bet half the Wenger out brigade either support another club, don't watch football anymore or are now 'Kroenke out' (ironically).

Well I still support the Arsenal, only watch us (can’t break the addiction) and want Kroenke gone too - hope that is all okay with you ?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Hence the vocal calls for him to leave. Mystery solved.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Stan Kroenke, the NFL & other owners are being sued by the city of St Louis in a case which could cost over £700m in compensation. If Kroenke is forced to find that cash, Arsenal fan Daniel Ek is hoping he might succeed with his bid. [@CharlieWyett] #afc

Daniel Ek is telling friends that a twist in a court case concerning Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke has increased his chances of eventually landing the club. [@CharlieWyett exclusive] #afc https://t.co/fkcqtlWw8z

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:45 pm
Stan Kroenke, the NFL & other owners are being sued by the city of St Louis in a case which could cost over £700m in compensation. If Kroenke is forced to find that cash, Arsenal fan Daniel Ek is hoping he might succeed with his bid. [@CharlieWyett] #afc

Daniel Ek is telling friends that a twist in a court case concerning Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke has increased his chances of eventually landing the club. [@CharlieWyett exclusive] #afc https://t.co/fkcqtlWw8z
It's the hope that kills

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:12 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:45 pm

It's the hope that kills
Yep. :(

wibble

Post by wibble »

Alternatively kroenke just decides to invest even less money in arsenal following the fine

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:01 pm
Alternatively kroenke just decides to invest even less money in arsenal following the fine
Or leverages us into oblivion.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

"What?? It's football,it's a loss of Arsenal at/to Brentford. Brentford deserved to win and they did. The game itself aside Arsenal and the fans don't deserve to kind of get used to this....NO !!! I say this as one of the big fans of Arsenal. The change has taken to long to come!" - The President of Rwanda @PaulKagame

You know things are bad when we're openly being coated off by foreign dignitaries.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Isn’t it now abundantly clear the Kroenke’s are the ones massively out of their depth. Running a franchise with no risk of relegation and no real need to compete for anything on the sporting side is what they have been “good” at. Buying Arsenal with Wenger still in charge was good enough to run the Club profitably for a few years. Now they have had to appoint people to proper positions they haven’t got a clue. Look at the Board. A load of old City types. Analogue blokes in a digital age. The CEO looks like a proper accountant. No footballing knowledge whatsoever. Edu is an international charlatan on the make with his mate Kia. The Club are being financially raped. And when the hierarchy is clueless they will appoint clowns like Arteta who come to interview and “wow” them. I really don’t know where this is going to end but I will tell you this. Financially we are fucked. Spend just 5 minutes reading the accounts. Or just read Swiss Ramble. We are in dire financial difficulty. If I was the Kroenke’s I would be biting Ek’s hand off. Until they get someone in to run the Club who understands football we will continue to decline. We are a modern day Leeds in the making. Mark my words.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:56 pm
https://le-grove.co.uk/2021/08/15/arsen ... ing-havoc/

Brilliant article.

Let me refer to one line

"The idea of hiring a young and innovative coach was an exciting one and it could have worked"

Exciting to who is my question ? Most of us knew that it was a ridiculous appointment given the absolute lack of any managerial experience. Most football fans also know that pep governs all things at citeeh, and to credit lego head with any big contribution is naive at best. I will also add that le grove was one of those wenger defenders for years after his sell by date, so for him to now question how he was allowed so much power is hypocritical and total bollox imo

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:53 am

Let me refer to one line

"The idea of hiring a young and innovative coach was an exciting one and it could have worked"

Exciting to who is my question ? Most of us knew that it was a ridiculous appointment given the absolute lack of any managerial experience. Most football fans also know that pep governs all things at citeeh, and to credit lego head with any big contribution is naive at best. I will also add that le grove was one of those wenger defenders for years after his sell by date, so for him to now question how he was allowed so much power is hypocritical and total bollox imo
Le Grove has been a cheerleader for Arteta even before Emery was appointed, so although it was a decent article, he will change his tune once there is a win under his belt. His points are based solely on the Arteta presser and absences and coming up with 'trouble behind the scenes'.

The problem is really what Pires noted above: The Kroenkes never had to deal with relegation before, so could remain 'hands-off' and be successful. They are hemorrhaging money and really should sell the club as they haven't the will to turn the club around.