KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by Clummo99 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:55 pm
I have no idea what it means Co-Chairs, is it a good thing, or bad thing or neither.
It just means more than one Chairman (or Chairperson as I should say these days :roll: )

Stan and Josh have been operating like that for some time now so don't see it changing anything. It's just been made official.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thanks Clummo you clever fucker! :D :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 EXCL: Arsenal doctor Gary O’Driscoll moving to Manchester United. Expected to remain in current role for transition period before completing switch later this summer. Highly-regarded medic a significant coup for #MUFC after 14+yrs at #AFC @TheAthleticFC

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:13 am
🚨 EXCL: Arsenal doctor Gary O’Driscoll moving to Manchester United. Expected to remain in current role for transition period before completing switch later this summer. Highly-regarded medic a significant coup for #MUFC after 14+yrs at #AFC @TheAthleticFC
We have had a ridiculous run of injuries lasting an age since he joined the club.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Looks like a big shake up in staff as well , hoping Santi joins

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We would have been better off with Dr Nick from The Simpsons.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

This thread in general shows how clueless our fanbase is when it comes to the finances of Arsenal. Not one fan can say the Kroenkes haven't invested in the team now. The inflection point was when Usmanov was bought out and Kroenke owned the club in its entirety. I guess having a hostile member on the board, didn't encourage them to invest in the club before the share buyout. I know that led to a lost 15 years, but no point in dwelling on the past. They are spending now, long may it continue.

A lot of this spending is down to the vision and persistence of Arteta, I couldn't see many managers convincing the Kroenke's to invest the best part of half a billion quid in what is now Arteta's team.

Not only that, there's a lot of jealousy coming from fans of other clubs citing FFP etc, they haven't got a clue about our finances either. This video which features Kieron Maguire is a very good take on where we stand in the money stakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SltWUjJ ... =LatteFirm

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:50 am
This thread in general shows how clueless our fanbase is when it comes to the finances of Arsenal. Not one fan can say the Kroenkes haven't invested in the team now. The inflection point was when Usmanov was bought out and Kroenke owned the club in its entirety. I guess having a hostile member on the board, didn't encourage them to invest in the club before the share buyout. I know that led to a lost 15 years, but no point in dwelling on the past. They are spending now, long may it continue.

A lot of this spending is down to the vision and persistence of Arteta, I couldn't see many managers convincing the Kroenke's to invest the best part of half a billion quid in what is now Arteta's team.

Not only that, there's a lot of jealousy coming from fans of other clubs citing FFP etc, they haven't got a clue about our finances either. This video which features Kieron Maguire is a very good take on where we stand in the money stakes.

Part of Arteta’s “project “ I believe, is to create a team, good enough and young enough to stay together (and win 🏆) for 4 or 5 years, so, initially investment is required but then it just needs tweaking along the way. - Saka, Martinelli, Ramsdale, Odegaard, White, Saliba, Gabriel, and now Timber and Rice, will be the core of this team for years - Nketiah, Balogun, Nelson may also make it , if not they will be sold to offset our spending, to keep us within ffp boundaries.

Also with the likes of Nwaneri, Lewis - Skelly, Cozier- Duberry, we have a few young guns to continue pushing and replacing first team members at no outlay as they mature.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Hindsight is great huh? At the time most of those posts complaining about wiggy were posted, they were not spending and they hadn't gotten rid of Wenger. Should people only base their arguments on what might happen five or ten or fifteen years down the road then? You seem to just love digging people out for posts from years ago Nutty but then say "no point dwelling on the past".

Also, you praise wiggy and Co for now spending but qualify that with it only being due to Arteta's genius that they now spend.... so I guess all those posts criticising wiggy and Co were right then? No? :lol:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Is there any real evidence that Kroenke is actually spending his own money on the club? There's not any recent Swiss Ramble articles about Arsenal since start of last season.

£170M for finishing second, £3.7B revenue each home match, CL qualification must also be a massive amount, TV appearance cash, plenty of sponsorships, club clothing sales, Rugby matches & Rock concerts. That's our transfer budget.

I think we are now spending the cash the club is generating, including player sales. so what exactly have Kroenke & Son invested into the club over the last 5 years apart from emergency Covid loans?

Don't forget the land the club owns in the area has also increased massively over the years, plus a young squad with many fantastic players must be worth a very large amount of cash. His Arsenal assets are still increasing in value.

He was previously using Arsenal as collateral for his American Rugby team & massive new stadium to secure his loans, so now he'd raking it in. He's loosened the financial restraints on the club since to fair dues to him for finally doing that after many years!

I heard somewhere we can spend £360M this summer before FFP kicks in? :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:08 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Part of Arteta’s “project “ I believe, is to create a team, good enough and young enough to stay together (and win 🏆) for 4 or 5 years, so, initially investment is required but then it just needs tweaking along the way. - Saka, Martinelli, Ramsdale, Odegaard, White, Saliba, Gabriel, and now Timber and Rice, will be the core of this team for years - Nketiah, Balogun, Nelson may also make it , if not they will be sold to offset our spending, to keep us within ffp boundaries.

Also with the likes of Nwaneri, Lewis - Skelly, Cozier- Duberry, we have a few young guns to continue pushing and replacing first team members at no outlay as they mature.

And therein lies the flawed concept - teams rarely stay together for 4 or 5 years, and even less so if that team isnt winning, so you can bet your bottom dollar that saka wont be here in 4 or 5 years time if we are not winning trophies cos the bigger clubs will come after him. I know you added the "and win" in brackets, but the reality is that it is getting harder to win with state funded clubs, so unless you can match their spending, you cannot base any plan on the certainty of winning trophies cos it is unrealistic

augie

Post by augie »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:25 pm
Is there any real evidence that Kroenke is actually spending his own money on the club? There's not any recent Swiss Ramble articles about Arsenal since start of last season.

£170M for finishing second, £3.7B revenue each home match, CL qualification must also be a massive amount, TV appearance cash, plenty of sponsorships, club clothing sales, Rugby matches & Rock concerts. That's our transfer budget.

I think we are now spending the cash the club is generating, including player sales. so what exactly have Kroenke & Son invested into the club over the last 5 years apart from emergency Covid loans?

Don't forget the land the club owns in the area has also increased massively over the years, plus a young squad with many fantastic players must be worth a very large amount of cash. His Arsenal assets are still increasing in value.

He was previously using Arsenal as collateral for his American Rugby team & massive new stadium to secure his loans, so now he'd raking it in. He's loosened the financial restraints on the club since to fair dues to him for finally doing that after many years!

I heard somewhere we can spend £360M this summer before FFP kicks in? :roll:

Well said - reality is that if ffp is being adhered to then no club should be able to spend their owners money cos FFP is about clubs only spending the money they generate themselves. Reality is that wiggy will never be out of pocket here - he might sign off on the club borrowing to buy players, but he knows that the debt/borrowings will be going onto the club, and any repayments will be coming from the club income

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:41 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Hindsight is great huh? At the time most of those posts complaining about wiggy were posted, they were not spending and they hadn't gotten rid of Wenger. Should people only base their arguments on what might happen five or ten or fifteen years down the road then? You seem to just love digging people out for posts from years ago Nutty but then say "no point dwelling on the past".

Also, you praise wiggy and Co for now spending but qualify that with it only being due to Arteta's genius that they now spend.... so I guess all those posts criticising wiggy and Co were right then? No? :lol:
Its not hindsight, its been plain clear he's opened his wallet since he took full control in 2019. Just now we have a setup where we aren't spunking money on players that don't fit in to the system. And DB10, I am a financial man so been looking at the way the club has been operating for years. Just because it's not said in here, doesn't mean its a retrospective opinion.

I'm not praising him btw, we still lost 15 years, but you can't change that. As things stand, would rather have the Kroenke's going forward than the Glazers or Henry of Liverpool. It's what I would call a marriage of convenience at this moment in time, not necessarily a happy one.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:45 pm

Its not hindsight, its been plain clear he's opened his wallet since he took full control in 2019.
Any evidence that Wiggy has opened his wallet & GIVEN Arsenal any cash during this period, as opposed to borrowing to the club & expecting future payments back with interest?

Loosening the purse strings & allowing the club to spend the money it makes is not actually investing in the club.

Even dodgy tax exile Joe Lewis over at the Marsh Lane Middlesex Swamplands has paid for most of their new stadium. What money has Wiggy ever given The Arsenal?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:41 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Its not hindsight, its been plain clear he's opened his wallet since he took full control in 2019. Just now we have a setup where we aren't spunking money on players that don't fit in to the system. And DB10, I am a financial man so been looking at the way the club has been operating for years. Just because it's not said in here, doesn't mean its a retrospective opinion.

I'm not praising him btw, we still lost 15 years, but you can't change that. As things stand, would rather have the Kroenke's going forward than the Glazers or Henry of Liverpool. It's what I would call a marriage of convenience at this moment in time, not necessarily a happy one.
Fair points. My problem with Kroenke was not so much the spending, it was how long it took him to remove Arsene tbh. I think that corelates with the excuse that many Wenger fans held onto, that there was no money. Personally I think there was always money to some extent, but Arsene spent it badly on new contracts and extended contracts and huge pay rises for players that hadn't earned them.