KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by sk-gtfo »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:04 pm
Well here we are at the end of another season of the Kroenke's reign and once again it is a season of stagnation..... Now I know some will view our league position as an improvement, our full use of some bright young talent as a step in the right direction and so on but can anyone really hand on heart say they feel we are getting where we want to be :rubchin:

Already I see some supporters turning on each other as they dissect things, it's Arteta's fault, it's Xhaka's fault, it is the January windows fault and while to a degree this is true it once again misses the real issue, for me at least.

The Kroenke's have been and always will be the single most important thing holding us back.

They are ultra clever business men, and whilst the fan base seeks to blame everything else they sit there making money whilst Arsenal continues to stagnate.

I said when Wenger was here and the protests were happening that removing the symptom was pointless and I stand by that.

£150M spent in the summer was smoke and mirrors to alleviate the discontent over the Super League debacle and many fell for it hook, line and sinker.

We will not be challenging at the top whilst they remain in charge, for them it is too costly and a needless expense..... Have a happy summer Gooners and look forward to more of the same next season :roll:
Agree with 90% of this other than being ultra clever businessmen.

We are losing money and will probably continue to do so outside the top 4, unless we keep cutting wages and settle for midtable status, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility given how shit most of KSE's franchises are.

Any 'big' club would hound these cvnts out the door but we just bend over and take it like a cheap wh0re.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:14 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Well here we are at the end of another season of the Kroenke's reign and once again it is a season of stagnation..... Now I know some will view our league position as an improvement, our full use of some bright young talent as a step in the right direction and so on but can anyone really hand on heart say they feel we are getting where we want to be :rubchin:

Already I see some supporters turning on each other as they dissect things, it's Arteta's fault, it's Xhaka's fault, it is the January windows fault and while to a degree this is true it once again misses the real issue, for me at least.

The Kroenke's have been and always will be the single most important thing holding us back.

They are ultra clever business men, and whilst the fan base seeks to blame everything else they sit there making money whilst Arsenal continues to stagnate.

I said when Wenger was here and the protests were happening that removing the symptom was pointless and I stand by that.

£150M spent in the summer was smoke and mirrors to alleviate the discontent over the Super League debacle and many fell for it hook, line and sinker.

We will not be challenging at the top whilst they remain in charge, for them it is too costly and a needless expense..... Have a happy summer Gooners and look forward to more of the same next season :roll:

We are losing money and will probably continue to do so outside the top 4, unless we keep cutting wages and settle for midtable status, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility given how shit most of KSE's franchises are.

Any 'big' club would hound these cvnts out the door but we just bend over and take it like a cheap wh0re.
Couldn’t agree more - I have been saying for more than a DECADE on here now that if people just keep going to matches and blindly supporting the team then nothing will change.

We have the most passive fan base in the country and many do not really know what is going on.
Last night I had a text from someone who maintains he is an Arsenal fan saying that surely Arteta had to be sacked.
I replied pointing out that was unlikely as he had just signed a new 3 year contract :roll:

Kroenke must just love our brain dead fanbase.
Keep buying your shirts everyone!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:00 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Couldn’t agree more - I have been saying for more than a DECADE on here now that if people just keep going to matches and blindly supporting the team then nothing will change.

We have the most passive fan base in the country and many do not really know what is going on.
Last night I had a text from someone who maintains he is an Arsenal fan saying that surely Arteta had to be sacked.
I replied pointing out that was unlikely as he had just signed a new 3 year contract :roll:

Not me fella dont even go to the souless bowl as they did not like me standing or shouting......coming out you are herded like sheep by old bill.....pushed a barrier over as i wanted to go the other way and some 20 year old plod giving it the big one

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Saying 'we' are losing money is an over simplification, Arsenal the football club may have taken some hits but the overarching business in the UK is not.

The man is far too good a business man to recognise that, if his business were losing as much money as people seem to think he would have acted, never underestimate the ruthlessness of a billionaire.

AFC is just one part of his UK business, which he is able to use as leverage when needed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:16 am
Saying 'we' are losing money is an over simplification, Arsenal the football club may have taken some hits but the overarching business in the UK is not.

The man is far too good a business man to recognise that, if his business were losing as much money as people seem to think he would have acted, never underestimate the ruthlessness of a billionaire.

AFC is just one part of his UK business, which he is able to use as leverage when needed.
A fellow Gooner who used to 'work in the city' (one of the financial houses) and is now retired said that Kroenke uses the (Potential) Profits of his various businesses both in the US and UK / Europe to secure huge loans of millions of dollars so that he can finance the continuing expansion of his Franchises.
Arsenal are just one of those franchises he owns and used in order to get the necessary finances to build the Billion dollar SoFi Stadium for the LA Rams. He also explained to me (and believe me I have no understanding of all this kind of stuff) the danger lies in the possibility; particularly in todays shifting global financial markets, that should a venture fai, Arsenal as part of the leverage to secure the monies could be 'up for auction' to the highest bidder.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As a bit or perspective, the value of the bit of land the conglomerates is built on has risen exponentially in value, who cares if the residents aren't making too much money.

Business not football is the name of the Kroenke game and never forget it :censored:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

https://www.arsenal.com/official-voice- ... -interview

Ted Lasso speaks…

That foundation of culture is really being laid, from a young players’ standpoint but also from other players around the dressing room, like Granit Xhaka and Alex Lacazette for example, who have seen different things during their careers …

Failure mainly :banghead:

It feels like there’s a young, fiercely loyal group of fans coming through, alongside those who have been with us for many seasons.

That’s would be the coke :D I haven’t seen too many of these young fiercely loyal fans near where I sit, just the same old grumpy sods :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arrgee wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:10 pm
https://www.arsenal.com/official-voice- ... -interview

Ted Lasso speaks…

That foundation of culture is really being laid, from a young players’ standpoint but also from other players around the dressing room, like Granit Xhaka and Alex Lacazette for example, who have seen different things during their careers …

Failure mainly :banghead:

It feels like there’s a young, fiercely loyal group of fans coming through, alongside those who have been with us for many seasons.

That’s would be the coke :D I haven’t seen too many of these young fiercely loyal fans near where I sit, just the same old grumpy sods :D
Ah yes just repeat the Wenger gambit: if you don't blindly support the idiot manager you are not a real supporter. :roll:

Fuck off Joshtard. :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Not signing a single player in January sums up the Kroenke's reign.

No ambition, saving pennies but missing that we will lose out on £60-100m from lack of CL football.

Pre-KSE we had standards, finishing below Spuds was a failure, since they've got their grubby claws into the club the standards are gone.

They are going to have to give the club another loan this summer or they'll be shopping at Iceland.

Yes man Arteta will accept whatever he gets though and so will most of our meek fanbase.

Nowhere to hide next season- win Europa or get at least 4th or it's failure but then does it matter?, they will either not sack him or will appoint another yes man.

Just so bored of Arsenal PLC, nothing more than another piece of these asset hoarding w@nkers portfolio, fvck off and buy Chavski, they truly deserve an owner like the Kroenke's!!.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A good read, thanks for posting Mc :barscarf:

shu

Post by shu »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:00 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

They are ultra clever business men, and whilst the fan base seeks to blame everything else they sit there making money whilst Arsenal continues to stagnate

Rob good point but I think you will find that we are all in the minority , look at twitter everyone loves Arteta

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/202 ... e3cfefca8b

The syrups wallet will be a bit lighter now!

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

This thread has gone a bit quiet, which is a good thing but this news has gone under the radar today with all the positive vibes around the club. They've got a lot better in the last couple of years but still can't get complacent!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64964270
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke and director Josh Kroenke have been appointed co-chairs in a boardroom restructure.

Tim Lewis also becomes executive vice-chair having been on the board as a non-executive director since 2020.

Stan Kroenke, 75, acquired a 9.9% stake in Arsenal in 2007, becoming majority shareholder in 2011 and assuming 100% ownership in 2018.

The American said the changes "further reaffirms our family's long-standing commitment to this great club".

Josh Kroenke is Stan's 42-year-old son and was appointed a non-executive director in 2013.

In a statement Stan Kroenke added: "Stability in football has never been more important as we move past the [Covid] pandemic, and we believe this is the perfect time to formalise these roles.

"Our objectives and ambition will never waver - to field teams that compete for trophies at the highest level and lead our club in a way that inspires our passionate supporters around the world."

Arsenal are currently five points clear at the top of the Premier League with 11 games remaining as they seek a first title since 2004.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I have no idea what it means Co-Chairs, is it a good thing, or bad thing or neither.