KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:52 pm
From The Telegraph...

Arsenal are planning a multi-million pound refurbishment of the Emirates Stadium, with heavy investment lined up for the coming months & the summer break.

The stadium is in increasing need of a revamp to address general wear & tear, including roof leaks & the club also has plans to upgrade the technology within the ground. Discussions are ongoing over a costly renovation of the big screen system inside the Emirates.

The significant investment in the 60,000-seater arena comes despite Arsenal facing considerable & ongoing financial challenges, with the club set to reveal more heavy losses in the coming weeks. [@SamJDean] #afc
Modern Arsenal to a tee. The team is seriously lacking in key positions, hasn't won the league in 18 years, has no chance of winning it in the foreseeable future, has a novice manager - but hey let's spend millions making the stadium look better for the tourists and TV cameras! :roll:

It's like a formula one team putting a lick of paint on a car that has no engine in it ffs. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It is so dis-heartening. :cry:

If we don't get Top 4 this season (and there's evens that we won't) we will begin to be left further behind. :cry: :banghead: :cussing:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:06 am
gooner265 wrote:
From The Telegraph...

Arsenal are planning a multi-million pound refurbishment of the Emirates Stadium, with heavy investment lined up for the coming months & the summer break.

The stadium is in increasing need of a revamp to address general wear & tear, including roof leaks & the club also has plans to upgrade the technology within the ground. Discussions are ongoing over a costly renovation of the big screen system inside the Emirates.

The significant investment in the 60,000-seater arena comes despite Arsenal facing considerable & ongoing financial challenges, with the club set to reveal more heavy losses in the coming weeks. [@SamJDean] #afc
Modern Arsenal to a tee. The team is seriously lacking in key positions, hasn't won the league in 18 years, has no chance of winning it in the foreseeable future, has a novice manager - but hey let's spend millions making the stadium look better for the tourists and TV cameras! :roll:

It's like a formula one team putting a lick of paint on a car that has no engine in it ffs. :lol:
To be fair they did say they have big plans for the summer and targets already identified they couldn't bring forward in January, we'll see. The stadium is looking shoddy though needs a facelift, I just hope we can address safe standing at some point.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
From The Telegraph...

I think this a bit harsh, there not mutually exclusive...the stadium if it needs it should be spruced up no idea not been in 3 years at least), doesn't mean they wont spend BIG! surely we still have a decades worth of AW's unused war chests to splurge with??!!

tbf to KSE they have made cash available. the issue as i see it is they have allowed it to be wasted and misspent through incompetence/fraud by those spending it, so there governance is the issue. You would think they would be very tight on that given the amounts in we have wasted.

I suppose its either naivety or carelessness, which has allowed it to be wasted, thats their greatest crime and why they need to f off. that goes hand in hand with letting things drift and allowing arteta and edu to under perform. Distant absentee owners.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:51 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
From The Telegraph...

I think this a bit harsh, there not mutually exclusive...the stadium if it needs it should be spruced up no idea not been in 3 years at least), doesn't mean they wont spend BIG! surely we still have a decades worth of AW's unused war chests to splurge with??!!

tbf to KSE they have made cash available. the issue as i see it is they have allowed it to be wasted and misspent through incompetence/fraud by those spending it, so there governance is the issue. You would think they would be very tight on that given the amounts in we have wasted.

I suppose its either naivety or carelessness, which has allowed it to be wasted, thats their greatest crime and why they need to f off. that goes hand in hand with letting things drift and allowing arteta and edu to under perform. Distant absentee owners.
Harsh? Really? Do we have a top team that will win or even challenge for the league? No we don't. It's about priorities. We have fucked about in the transfer market for two years now under Martinez-Lite and team-wise we are basically where we were when he arrived. And tbh if he hadn't lucked out on Saka and Smith-Rowe coming good then we'd probably be worse off.

Just saying wiggy has made cash available is not good enough. The club needs an owner that is a leader and and a demanding boss. Giving a novice manager and a dodgy cùnt like Edutard some money without proper oversight gets you nothing.

But I bet they sort out upgrading the stadium no problem so the sheep and tourists will be happy for their insta-inspired day out.

Our problem has always been Wiggy. I said it when all the short sighted people were calling for Wenger's head but could not see that Wenger was only ever a symptom of a much worse disease at the club: wiggy.

That disease is still in place. And it wants to sign a novice manager to a long term contract.

Not having a pop at you here mate but there seems to be a train of thought lately that because we are tarting around with a chance at 4th place that our problems are over. What these people don't seem to realise is that we are where we are mostly because the scum and manure are going through comical bad patches, not because we are suddenly a much better side. But unlike us they have owners that will demand on-pitch improvement and most likely get it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
From The Telegraph...

To be fair they did say they have big plans for the summer and targets already identified they couldn't bring forward in January, we'll see. The stadium is looking shoddy though needs a facelift, I just hope we can address safe standing at some point.
To me that is failure. I'm pretty cynical tbh and that is a delaying tactic from Martinez-Lite and Edutard. How can they not have signed those targets when they had months to prepare? Why did they not have "big plans" for last summer or this January? It was obvious to everyone we needed to strengthen in key areas. I mean our top striker had been on a goal drought for about a year before he was turfed out (for non-footballing reasons)! What will be different next summer? It reeks of Wenger and his Nearly-Signed XI (Plus about 23 subs!). :wink:

Agreed on safe standing though. The game desperately needs that.

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
From The Telegraph...

Not having a pop at you here mate but there seems to be a train of thought lately that because we are tarting around with a chance at 4th place that our problems are over. What these people don't seem to realise is that we are where we are mostly because the scum and manure are going through comical bad patches, not because we are suddenly a much better side. But unlike us they have owners that will demand on-pitch improvement and most likely get it.
tilting at windmills here DB! i said they need to f off due absenteeism and allowing wastage, lack of governance and letting the likes of arteta have a go at championship manager with us and allowing AW do carry on in his dotage for years and years too long, despite them making cash available.

i know we are crap! i also know every one else is. If we had a half decent manager we would be right up chavs arse like a phone in cashley.

had they the acumen, balls, desire, care to appoint a good proven manager (conte for example despite my hatred of him now hes at scum) and not the egotistical short man syndrome napoleon (not aimed at the timebandits on here!) we are lumbered with, we would twice the team we are.

the playing mantis

Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
From The Telegraph...

tilting at windmills here DB! i said they need to f off due absenteeism and allowing wastage, lack of governance and letting the likes of arteta have a go at championship manager with us and allowing AW do carry on in his dotage for years and years too long, despite them making cash available.

i know we are crap! i also know every one else is. If we had a half decent manager we would be right up chavs arse like a phone in cashley.

had they the acumen, balls, desire, care to appoint a good proven manager (conte for example despite my hatred of him now hes at scum) and not the egotistical short man syndrome napoleon (not aimed at the timebandits on here!) we are lumbered with, we would twice the team we are.
ps we got a nice quote tower starting here, that will surely p off someone if we can get a bit bigger! :barscarf:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

ps we got a nice quote tower starting here, that will surely p off someone if we can get a bit bigger! :barscarf:

"Three more stories please lads!"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Andrew wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:00 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Once upon a time there was a quote tower.....

:spudmasher:

:mrgreen:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:54 am
Andrew wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Superb quote tower work, lads. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And that Quote Tower Became "Superb"... :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:06 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:54 am
Andrew wrote:

Superb quote tower work, lads. 8)
What's a "quote tower" :rubchin:

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

Everton sponsor Alisher Usmanov has had his assets frozen by the European Union.

So he was so far up putins arse...maybe we don't want him at our club. He was as much a *word censored* as stan...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:41 am
Everton sponsor Alisher Usmanov has had his assets frozen by the European Union.

So he was so far up putins arse...maybe we don't want him at our club. He was as much a *word censored* as stan...
Tbh mate I think all owners are cùnts. But if you are lucky you get one that is obsessed with winning (the Russian gangsta at the chav) and not one that just wanted to own a PL team because it looks cool beside all his other teams and franchises and ranches and yachts (our cùnt). :|