ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by wilson2.0 »

We cant dither. Saka and Martinelli need to be offered contract extensions closer to 200k a week. Partey earns 200, PEA was on 350 given certain conditions are met. We have the resources to do this.

After this season, Saka has two years left on his deal, where as after this season Martinelli will have three years left. Dont fuck about, dont think you can pay them as little as possible & let their contract run to the last year then renegotiate. Moral is high, so if you table the offer, there is a good chance both will sign when they see the dollar signs Infront of them.

Saka and ESR can be Arsenal lifers. But I think Martinelli will move to the European continent. Should realistically aim to get 3-4 years out of him before selling to Real, Barca or PSG for a proper fortune. Liverpool fans are very optimistic thinking they can sign him. Klopp isnt the only manager who would know about Martinelli, just the most shameless in talking about him.

Whats the point in spending over 100m in a transfer window if you dont compliment it by spending to keep the best players at the club.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wenger lite hasn't got a clue what's needed to balance up this team - we are now coming towards the end of his fifth transfer window and still without a midfield or regularly capable forward line

Of course the likes of Saka and Martinelli will leave eventually - just like Cesc, RVP etc

It's like any ambitious professional in any trade - if their own ambitions outweigh that of the manager and company they work for, then one day they'll be off. When those lads have 200 games each under their belts, regulars for their countries and being linked with every top club in Europe....they'll be looking at their mates at Liverpool and City with envy when they're spanking us 4-0 and competing for PL and CL titles. Under this owner and manager those days are never coming so its literally a matter of time

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Saka and Martinelli are currently being tapped up. It’s pretty obvious. What is our Club doing? Nothing. We have piles of shit on £200k plus a week whilst the genuine talent is on £20-£50k a week tops. Financial mismanagement yet again. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :censored:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:49 am
Saka and Martinelli are currently being tapped up. It’s pretty obvious. What is our Club doing? Nothing. We have piles of shit on £200k plus a week whilst the genuine talent is on £20-£50k a week tops. Financial mismanagement yet again. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :censored:
And of course klopp will get away with it. *word censored* doing right infront of everyone.

It's not worth even investing any of your time or emotions into Arsenal anymore.

We are a feeder club.

Newcastle will be the next club taking the piss out of us.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:43 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
And of course klopp will get away with it. *word censored* doing right infront of everyone.

It's not worth even investing any of your time or emotions into Arsenal anymore.

We are a feeder club.

I dont think this will happen. Liverpool are dithering on Salah's contract, he wants 400k a week and isnt budging. FSG are stubborn and have a wage structure. So Salah could actually leave Liverpool. Liverpool maybe better than us on the pitch, but they cant bully us financially. They are not going to make financial offers we cant match or beat. I dont think he could even raise the money for a decent transfer offer for either Saka or Martinelli. When they signed VVD & Allison for big money, it was basically the Coutinho money after Barcelona nose bleed 140m offer.

Saka and Martinelli will be offered contracts at the seasons end. Lets just hope they sign

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:00 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

We are a feeder club.

I dont think this will happen. Liverpool are dithering on Salah's contract, he wants 400k a week and isnt budging. FSG are stubborn and have a wage structure. So Salah could actually leave Liverpool. Liverpool maybe better than us on the pitch, but they cant bully us financially. They are not going to make financial offers we cant match or beat. I dont think he could even raise the money for a decent transfer offer for either Saka or Martinelli. When they signed VVD & Allison for big money, it was basically the Coutinho money after Barcelona nose bleed 140m offer.

Saka and Martinelli will be offered contracts at the seasons end. Lets just hope they sign
You are assuming that even if the financial resources are there that those at the top are willing to spend them correctly. Not only this but you are assuming players such as Martinelli, ESR and Saka dont have any footballing ambition beyond how much money they are being paid, i'm afraid club loyalty and being a local lad doesnt mean very much if you play for a club which seems to lack ambition and offers come in from clubs who appear more successful.

augie

Post by augie »

wilson2.0 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

We are a feeder club.

A long time victims fan who lived over there for years, told me this morning that several of their top players have contracts that guarantee them parity with the highest earner in the squad, and if they give salah £300k per week those same players will have to be bumped up too, and that is impractical. He claims that salah is on his way to psg in the summer to replace mbappe, and that mane will also be sold in the summer

Dunno if it is true or not, but the guy wouldnt be a bullshitter as a rule, and has told me a few things in the past that turned out to be true

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal want to sign Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 32, on loan and are prepared pay all of the Gabon international's £350,000-per-week wages and include an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.

We ought to snap their hand off (pun intended :D )

The money saved on his weekly wage could go towards paying a At Least 2 other players we need (even if only on loan)

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:32 pm
Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal want to sign Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 32, on loan and are prepared pay all of the Gabon international's £350,000-per-week wages and include an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.

We ought to snap their hand off (pun intended :D )

The money saved on his weekly wage could go towards paying a At Least 2 other players we need (even if only on loan)

Those 2 other players that we have yet to sign and are apparently nowhere near signing ? :rubchin:

When I look at shot shy laca and average nketieh being our strikers last night, it makes me pray that auba can be brought back into this team asap

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

🚨 || Arsenal are hoping to lure DCL away from Goodison Park midway through the season, using uncertainty at the club as a lever; as their hopes of signing Dušan Vlahović seem to be fading [Via - @TalkSPORT].

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:39 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

We are a feeder club.

A long time victims fan who lived over there for years, told me this morning that several of their top players have contracts that guarantee them parity with the highest earner in the squad, and if they give salah £300k per week those same players will have to be bumped up too, and that is impractical. He claims that salah is on his way to psg in the summer to replace mbappe, and that mane will also be sold in the summer

Dunno if it is true or not, but the guy wouldnt be a bullshitter as a rule, and has told me a few things in the past that turned out to be true
That’s why they want Saka and Martinelli to replace them.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

If we sign some underwhelming players this window then I won’t bother for the rest of the season. We need a serious lift after last night. The season is basically over, get someone exciting in or it will be a boring shit fest for the rest of the season.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

We are a feeder club.

Augie, I've heard that too, about players wages matching clubs top earner, at Liverpool. They've got two more seasons at the top then we'll take their place. Everton's new stadium will have a big impact on the red side of Stanley park, because the investment going into improving transport links, businesses and housing is planned for the docks and surrounding area, away from anfield.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:15 pm
augie wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

We are a feeder club.

Augie, I've heard that too, about players wages matching clubs top earner, at Liverpool. They've got two more seasons at the top then we'll take their place. Everton's new stadium will have a big impact on the red side of Stanley park, because the investment going into improving transport links, businesses and housing is planned for the docks and surrounding area, away from anfield.
Can you clarify what you mean by local investment around Everto'ns stadium having a negative impact on the victims? how so?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:06 pm
If we sign some underwhelming players this window then I won’t bother for the rest of the season. We need a serious lift after last night. The season is basically over, get someone exciting in or it will be a boring shit fest for the rest of the season.
Even if we Do / Did sign some decent / above average players - The real question for me still remains the Manager. I'm not for a moment saying I want him at Arsenal, but Graham Potter as an example has got some VERY Average players playing out of their skins on a regular basis at Brighton, so even with our current squad I think we should be doing better and being more consistent, rather than the ebbs and flows we keep witnessing under captain black. :?