ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

As has been reported elsewhere, the agent of Palmeiras DM, Danilo, have told the ever reliable @JorgeNicola, that Arsenal intend to place a formal bid after the WC group stage is over. His club are apparently open to a sale of around €25m (£21.5m).

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Saw a ridiculous story linking Mbappe in a swap move to Arsenal with either Saka or Martinelli going the other way plus £86m... would anyone actually consider this a good move?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

As good as they are Mbappe is a whole different level.

Jesus out for 2months now we are proper fucked if we don't sign a striker.

Midz

Post by Midz »

To hold off Manchester City in a title race is an enormous ask for Arsenal, who remain a young side with a lack of depth in the first team. To do so without Jesus would make it significantly more difficult, if not impossible. source the Telegraph.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:42 pm
To hold off Manchester City in a title race is an enormous ask for Arsenal, who remain a young side with a lack of depth in the first team. To do so without Jesus would make it significantly more difficult, if not impossible. source the Telegraph.
I don't think we'd win it even with Jesus, without him top four will be a struggle, put Martinelli up top, works very hard for the team and can score goals.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Ok, it's very simple..we just need to sign Mbappe. :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:58 pm
AND

Bellingham :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:51 pm
As good as they are Mbappee is a whole different level.

Jesus out for 2months now we are proper fucked if we don't sign a striker.
Although I watched him a few times in Ligue 1 last season, wasn't overly impressed tbh because the quality of the league isn't good. Last world cup yes, but today against the Polish he was a different level... possibly ended Matty Cash's international career. Definitely, Ballon D'or winner for next 5 years. Talking of which how did lewandowski ever win it? On the evidence of the last two international tournament he's been poor.

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:03 pm
Midz wrote:
AND

Hell yeah, wouldn't that be something!!

I read something about Gilberto will talk to Edu about Bellingham in one of the papers this morning. probably nonsense but no harm in it. I'm sure Edu is aware of how good Bellingham is.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:17 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:03 pm
Midz wrote:
AND

Hell yeah, wouldn't that be something!!

I read something about Gilberto will talk to Edu about Bellingham in one of the papers this morning. probably nonsense but no harm in it. I'm sure Edu is aware of how good Bellingham is.
He'll end of going to one of the Big money clubs mate.... $hitty (with the added bonus of Pep)... PSG or even the Toon (though I doubt the latter)...

Can you imagine him instead of Clive??? (Cue Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This!).

Anyhooooo!

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta will have £50m to spend in January but is not planning on signing a replacement for Gabriel Jesus after the Brazil striker, 25, was ruled out of the rest of the World Cup with a knee injury. (Football Insider)

Jesus has flown back to London and will find out the extent of his injury following a consultation with Arsenal doctors on Monday, with some reports suggesting he will be out for three months. (Sun)

You would think he'd have learnt his lesson after last season's fiasco when he rightfully binned off Aubamayawn without a replacement... Eddie the feather!? - I could do better!... Now where did I put those boots!? :rubchin:

shu

Post by shu »

Eddie the feather or Ronaldo until Jesus returns ?

shu

Post by shu »

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

shu wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:39 pm
BALOGUN returns

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The thing is Jesus has been / is the "Heart" of the team this Season, considering he is our "Striker" he has only scored the occasional goal, but his Drive, His Knowledge, His Work rate in both Attack and Defence has lead the team by pure example, as such he is the 'glue' of much of our success this half of the season. Added to that he is Absolute Levels above all the names mentioned here, so regardless of whether we do sign a replacement; which I don't see happening, that replacement would have to also be World Class.

I hate to be a Doom Sayer but I think our season is about to take a severe detour from the successes we have been having.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and I would be happy to be proven entirely wrong; not for the first time...but....

This fucking World Cup is a C.U.N.T. So Fuck FIFA the Corrupt pedo's and Fuck Qatar and all who rule there.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:29 am
The thing is Jesus has been / is the "Heart" of the team this Season, considering he is our "Striker" he has only scored the occasional goal, but his Drive, His Knowledge, His Work rate in both Attack and Defence has lead the team by pure example, as such he is the 'glue' of much of our success this half of the season. Added to that he is Absolute Levels above all the names mentioned here, so regardless of whether we do sign a replacement; which I don't see happening, that replacement would have to also be World Class.

I hate to be a Doom Sayer but I think our season is about to take a severe detour from the successes we have been having.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and I would be happy to be proven entirely wrong; not for the first time...but....

This fucking World Cup is a C.U.N.T. So Fuck FIFA the Corrupt pedo's and Fuck Qatar and all who rule there.
Just had to happen didnt it.....lets hope hes not out too long...should know more today