ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:51 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:30 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:20 pm
Social media is never a good barometer of things but we really have returned to the AKB days with some of these people. This season has been incredible and title or not, a top 4 finish is a great achievement but does that mean everything has to be universally positive. If we sign a finished Chelsea player then it can be called out without the "go support another club" nonsense.
All I saw on twitter yesterday was negativity and Edu out trending. The end of the day he's joined now and will obviously get behind him in the ground even if im not happy about it until he fucks up of course.
We have no excuses not to go big on one if not two CMs in the summer though as the rest of the squad is pretty much set apart from maybe a right back.

Thing is though, some of us have raised very reasonable questions about the jorginho signing without going OTT and calling for sackings and shit like that, but in eyes of some c.unts (not you sid :wink: ) questioning at all is unacceptable and we are all tied in together :roll: To me c.unts who dismiss everyone who raises any negative points are as bad as the c.unts on social media going OTT and calling for sackings - there is a middle ground where fans should be allowed to raise issues without being condemned by the few c.unts buy such is life I guess
Yep totally agree with that , apparently if you complain about something or criticise a player you are a JCL or not a true fan , it's pathetic .As you say it's like the Wenger cult of years gone by.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:04 pm

Yep totally agree with that , apparently if you complain about something or criticise a player you are a JCL or not a true fan , it's pathetic .As you say it's like the Wenger cult of years gone by.
I suppose the difference being we are top of the league rather than 4th.

Still nothing is won in February, apart from the tin pot, but who cares about that!.

The proof will be in May - has Jorginho helped us win a 1st title in 19yrs or not.

Also he needs to start getting value from sales, the jury is still out on Edu for me, he's done well with purchasing so far but he has to do both well.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Please no more Chelsea rejects. None of them have been of any value.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

I don't agree with this narrative on all of these Chelsea players being shite for us.

Willian, yes, but Cech was ok and Gallas was a decent defender for 4 years despite being a w@nker.

The more I think of it, the happier I am with Jorginho. He is a massive upgrade on Elneny and Sambi. Zinchenko is more than capable of playing there as well remember.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Midz wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:03 am
Please no more Chelsea rejects. None of them have been of any value.
Diarra was a good player but we fucked that up

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes he was... TOF fucked that right up! :?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:05 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:56 pm
goonersid wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:37 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:20 pm
Social media is never a good barometer of things but we really have returned to the AKB days with some of these people. This season has been incredible and title or not, a top 4 finish is a great achievement but does that mean everything has to be universally positive. If we sign a finished Chelsea player then it can be called out without the "go support another club" nonsense.
Why do you say he is finished? Give him a fucking chance to come in and do the job he has been signed on a short term contract to do, then if he plods around like a player who is "finished" then call him out!
I remember sperz thinking Pat Jennings was finished :roll:
Sid, he's been finished for at least a couple of years. I didn't rate him when he was first at Chelsea, but now, fuck me. Let's put it this way, you better keep your fingers crossed that we never see him and Xhaka together as our centre mid pairing. It will be a competition as to who can can give the ball away / get caught in possession in the most dangerous place on the pitch. Awful signing.
I don't agree mate, he is still a reliable player, who despite what you say, doesn't give the ball away" he can still be a very useful cover player.

Ok Sid , we can agree to differ. I predict that you'll see him caught in possession and going over for a free kick, as Xhaka does, but the refs aren't giving those lame free kicks so readily now. People are saying that Jorginho might have gone off the boil recently, but I've never rated him.

We'll see in time what we all make of him. The best I can hope for is that it's Xhaka that gets injured or rested, because he'd be an upgrade on
him (so would a one legged, blind fella), but if he replaces Partey and it's him and Xhaka in midfield, then :speechless: .

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Gabriel Martinelli has now committed his future to Arsenal by signing a new 4.5yr contract. Previous terms were expiring in 2024 + #AFC had option to extend by 2yrs. Fresh & improved deal keeps Brazil winger at Emirates Stadium until 2027 @TheAthleticFC

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:16 pm
🚨 Gabriel Martinelli has now committed his future to Arsenal by signing a new 4.5yr contract. Previous terms were expiring in 2024 + #AFC had option to extend by 2yrs. Fresh & improved deal keeps Brazil winger at Emirates Stadium until 2027 @TheAthleticFC
Keep up! KingAlf told us weeks ago.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:26 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Keep up! KingAlf told us weeks ago.
No that was Kingralphs agent mate! FFS Keep Up! :? :roll:

:wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/arsenal/stat ... EOpw7jZYXQ

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Arsenal confirm Martinelli's new contract until 2027 with 12-month option. Wages at about £180,000-a-week. Arsenal are now working on Saka, Saliba and a new deal for XHAKA. Reports, @Journo_Slash.

Not long till he deservedly gets a statue :barscarf: :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:13 am
🚨Arsenal confirm Martinelli's new contract until 2027 with 12-month option. Wages at about £180,000-a-week. Arsenal are now working on Saka, Saliba and a new deal for XHAKA. Reports, @Journo_Slash.

Odegaard far more important to get signed up on a new deal, Xhaka is easily replaced in his current role.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Waiting for DB :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:50 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Waiting for DB :lol:
:tickedoff: :lol:

It staggers belief really. Of all the dross we've gotten rid of, this last piece of the latter Wenger era of utter shitness still lingers like a piece of shit stuck in the hair around a dog's arsehole. :|