ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Kingralph »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:13 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:03 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... menia.html

How did Edu miss this one FFS :banghead:
Played 20 matches for us and he still has more winners medals than Harry Kane.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:14 am
Kingralph wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:13 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:03 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... menia.html

How did Edu miss this one FFS :banghead:
Played 20 matches for us and he still has more winners medals than Harry Kane.
Career goal tally of 47 and yet more medals than harry kane

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

https://www.footballinsider247.com/etha ... r-sources/

Hopefully this kid is as good as they say.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

ESR, Nketiah, Partey, Soares, Tierney, Patino, Taveres, Lokonga will all be on their way.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Thynker wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:50 pm
ESR, Nketiah, Partey, Soares, Tierney, Patino, Taveres, Lokonga will all be on their way.
You’ve got to expect Ramsdale to move on too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:15 am
Thynker wrote:

Yup and I am still not convinced that raya is a better goalie, they both have strengths and weaknesses....etc But would totally understand why Rambo would want to move and play elsewhere... apparently the Chavs are keen on him.... mind you they are keen on signing anyone we are interested in ... Just surprised they didn't try and gazump of deal with Declan Rice.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:47 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:15 am
Thynker wrote:

Yup and I am still not convinced that raya is a better goalie, they both have strengths and weaknesses....etc But would totally understand why Rambo would want to move and play elsewhere... apparently the Chavs are keen on him.... mind you they are keen on signing anyone we are interested in ... Just surprised they didn't try and gazump of deal with Declan Rice.

I think they thought they had the better deal by gazumping us on Caicedo OB. To be honest, I feared they were right, because I remember both you and I really wanting us to sign Caicedo. He might still come good, but I'm delighted to have been proven wrong so far.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I've banged on before about Douglas Luiz at Villa and was pleased when we went after him previously, even though it sadly failed. He'd make a huge difference to us playing in centre mid with Rice, both able to sit deep, but also able to play box to box and score goals. Add Luiz and a proper striker and this side can go places.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:59 am
I've banged on before about Douglas Luiz at Villa and was pleased when we went after him previously, even though it sadly failed. He'd make a huge difference to us playing in centre mid with Rice, both able to sit deep, but also able to play box to box and score goals. Add Luiz and a proper striker and this side can go places.
With Villa reporting losses of £120m apparently

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... i=89978449

You would expect us to be sniffing around again - him or Zubimendi appear to be high on our list. Sell Partey and retain Jorginho for another year, would make sense ( to me)
Nowadays I take little interest in other teams / players so other than matches against us I wouldn’t know who of the two Is better suited, but Luiz having premier league experience is a big plus, at 25 could have a blossoming partnership with Rice for many years to come.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:35 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

You would expect us to be sniffing around again - him or Zubimendi appear to be high on our list. Sell Partey and retain Jorginho for another year, would make sense ( to me)
Nowadays I take little interest in other teams / players so other than matches against us I wouldn’t know who of the two Is better suited, but Luiz having premier league experience is a big plus, at 25 could have a blossoming partnership with Rice for many years to come.

I like to think that I have a reasonable knowledge of players in the PL, but not so much about those playing in Europe. I really don't know much about Zubimendi, but he's another Basque, so the boss might be swayed.

Luiz is a quality all-rounder, technically good, can tackle, can get forward and score and also has a bit of a nasty edge, which I happen to think is necessary in centre mid. Not saying that I'd want some vicious lunatic, but you need to be tough, prepared to stand up for yourself and get stuck in and not worry too much about occasionally leaving a bit on someone. We've had at least 15 years of lightweight pansies in centre mid, all easily bullied out of the match.

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:03 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I like to think that I have a reasonable knowledge of players in the PL, but not so much about those playing in Europe. I really don't know much about Zubimendi, but he's another Basque, so the boss might be swayed.

Luiz is a quality all-rounder, technically good, can tackle, can get forward and score and also has a bit of a nasty edge, which I happen to think is necessary in centre mid. Not saying that I'd want some vicious lunatic, but you need to be tough, prepared to stand up for yourself and get stuck in and not worry too much about occasionally leaving a bit on someone. We've had at least 15 years of lightweight pansies in centre mid, all easily bullied out of the match.

Tchouameni or Camavinga would still be my preferred options - fit the age profile of this team and play with high energy and high quality

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:49 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:03 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Tchouameni or Camavinga would still be my preferred options - fit the age profile of this team and play with high energy and high quality

To be honest augie, I know nothing about them, other than they're French and both play for R Madrid. Are they regular first 11 players and if so, would Real want to sell them?

augie

Post by augie »

Camavinga isnt regular starter tbf, and even Tchouameni is often played out of position at left back

I have long given up on believing in the practices of FFP, but with the impending signing of mbappe, I have to believe that his massive wages will force them into having to sell some players to raise funds, and madrid also have valverde as a central midfielder so I'm hoping one of them will be on the market

wibble

Post by wibble »

augie wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:57 pm
Camavinga isnt regular starter tbf, and even Tchouameni is often played out of position at left back

I have long given up on believing in the practices of FFP, but with the impending signing of mbappe, I have to believe that his massive wages will force them into having to sell some players to raise funds, and madrid also have valverde as a central midfielder so I'm hoping one of them will be on the market

So he could replace Zinchenko? Sign him up :wink:

Like Retro, if they’re not playing in the PL, then these days I generally don’t have a clue about players
Agree that someone like Luiz or similar profile would improve our midefield greatly.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC Sports:

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says his side's impressive form in front of goal will not change the club's transfer plans, with the Gunners still expected to sign a striker in the summer.

Arsenal left-back Oleksandr Zinchenko is a target for Newcastle United and Bayern Munich, with the Gunners wanting 38.5m euros (£32.9m) for the 27-year-old Ukraine international

Have they got shit in their eyes or what!? I'd snap their fucking hand off if they want him! Especially for that price