ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:24 am
Well I think the last two games have really shown for all and sundry the paucity of experience and spirit at the club, it's all well and good having young talent but it makes no difference if it can't be channeled when the pressure is on.

A couple of months back someone said we need 6 players but I'll stick to my guns and say we need at least 9.

So I imagine we will get 5ish, leaving us with another season where we are well short of what is required to be anywhere near a challenge in the PL never mind throwing in a Europa run too.

We don't just want highly skilled players but we also need some players who are hungry to prove themselves every week and inspire those around them because sure as shit that is not coming from Arteta :banghead:
True. We need what GG did when he came in. He dumped some quite skilful players that were also demotivated and grown lazy. Replaced them with good players that were not necessarily top class but were tough, motivated and intelligent on the pitch.

I would not trust Martinez-Lite or Edutard to know how to do that. I agree we need at least 9 new signings as we have shit in many positions and no decent backup in far too many positions.

It's revealing that Martinez-Lite only ever talks about "the team" never "the squad". It's the limited thinking of the inexperienced novice. Even a few reporters have picked up on this.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have been repeatedly linked to Bologna full-back Aaron Hickey, but Telegraph Sport understands that reports in Italy of an agreed deal are wide of the mark. [@SamJDean] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal’s expectation at the start of this campaign was to make a return to the #UEL, so their late-season collapse is not seen to have ruined their long-term project under Arteta. There is major disappointment though, given the team’s progress in recent months. [@SamJDean] #afc

Arsenal see the upcoming transfer window as a major opportunity to improve the squad & have been planning accordingly, irrespective of whether they finish in fourth place or not. It is understood they will still have a meaningful budget to work with. [@SamJDean] #afc

Arsenal’s likely failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League will not prevent the club from investing heavily in the first-team squad this summer, with Mikel Arteta desperate to recruit a handful of quality additions. [@SamJDean, Telegraph] #afc https://t.co/n73vU9V5Im

A priority is a centre-forward, with Gabriel Jesus among the top targets. Arsenal’s hunt for more forward options is not expected to stop at Jesus - they have previously shown interest in Jonathan David & are known to be big admirers of Tammy Abraham. [@SamJDean] #afc

Dominic Calvert-Lewin has also been considered. Lyon forward Moussa Dembele is also expected to be an appealing option for a number of Premier League clubs as he enters the final year of his contract in France. [@SamJDean] #afc

Full scale PR offensive in operation

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm
Arsenal’s expectation at the start of this campaign was to make a return to the #UEL, so their late-season collapse is not seen to have ruined their long-term project under Arteta. There is major disappointment though, given the team’s progress in recent months. [@SamJDean] #afc

Arsenal see the upcoming transfer window as a major opportunity to improve the squad & have been planning accordingly, irrespective of whether they finish in fourth place or not. It is understood they will still have a meaningful budget to work with. [@SamJDean] #afc

Arsenal’s likely failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League will not prevent the club from investing heavily in the first-team squad this summer, with Mikel Arteta desperate to recruit a handful of quality additions. [@SamJDean, Telegraph] #afc https://t.co/n73vU9V5Im

A priority is a centre-forward, with Gabriel Jesus among the top targets. Arsenal’s hunt for more forward options is not expected to stop at Jesus - they have previously shown interest in Jonathan David & are known to be big admirers of Tammy Abraham. [@SamJDean] #afc

Dominic Calvert-Lewin has also been considered. Lyon forward Moussa Dembele is also expected to be an appealing option for a number of Premier League clubs as he enters the final year of his contract in France. [@SamJDean] #afc

Fuck knows how much of that is true or is pure Ornsteinism. :wink:

But if even half of it isn't horseshit then what a pack of cùnts own and run us. Did they announce their "expectation" was only the EL at the beginning of the season? :roll:

As for the targets named? Calvert-Lewin? Jesus? Tammy Tampon?

Fucks sake.... :roll: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Another penny wasted on fuckface's project is a penny too many

Jesus, Abraham, Marquinhos Hickey - not a leader amongst them

By all means back shit for brains to the tune of 160m again. If he doesn't sign anyone over the age of 28 it will all be totally in vain

For someone who supposedly learnt so much from Pep, he seems to have forgotten the like of Kompany, Fernanindho, Aguero, Walker, Silva - players who were in their peak years and provided leadership all over the field

Van Dijk, Henderson, Mane, Salah, Milner, Thiago

Show me a squad without senior pros, and I'll show you a bunch of losers

Fuck off Carpet Head - you're an even more useless novice c.unt than I thought two and a bit years ago. Forgetting being schooled by Conte. In recent weeks he's been schooled by Howe, Potter and Vieira.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC:

Arsenal, who have been linked with 25-year-old Manchester City and Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus, will prioritise signing a striker in the summer when they will invest heavily in their squad even if they fail to qualify for the Champions League. (*)(Telegraph - subscription required)

Jesus has not ruled out joining Arsenal this summer, despite the Gunners appearing set to miss out on the Premier League's top four. (Metro)

Barcelona have decided to let France defender Samuel Umtiti leave at the end of the season and hope Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta will reignite his interest in the 28-year-old. (Star)

(*) I thought we had already, well more or less considering we are playing Everton who will be 'up for a fight'; unlike our snowflakes... and the Scum are playing Norwich who have been on the beach since last September.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

War chest incoming :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Progress ???

Lost 6 games out of the last 11, and we are talking brighton, southampton, palace and newcastle amongst those games :oops: :oops:

Lost a record equalling 13th premier league defeat in a season for the club (equalled only be arteta last season :roll: )

The best points tally this gobshite (arteta not me :wink: ) can hope for this season is 69 and that depends on beating an everton team fighting relegation (no foregone conclusion) - dick got 70 points in his only full season in charge, and pep's cone boy hasnt managed that in either of his two full seasons in charge

It's funny that for 80% of this season I have been hearing about how arteta (not edu) had nailed last summers transfer window, and that his deals (ramsdale, tommy, white and odeargod) were brilliant for the club - there was hardly a mention of tavares or sambi and the questionable signings of them, and now we are also hearing more balanced comments questioning the big game mia odeargod and the over cocky but nervy ramsdale, and the defensive limitations of white. They want to give these c.unts (arteta and edu) another bounty to piss away this summer than on with them, but make no mistake, running good players out of the club, and then over-paying on the likes of white is not good business and is not something I would want replicated again this summer, and jesus in NOT a quality addition

Where is this progress they speak of ? I am reminded of the illusionary dominance or whatever that comment the senile french cock made a few years ago :roll: :oops: :oops:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Ha, illusionary progress!

On another note I wonder if this Amazon documentary will shine any light on leadership (or lack thereof) and any cliques etc in the dressing room. Or will it just be a pile of shite? I’ve not watched any of the previous ones to have an idea of how interesting or revealing they are

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:21 am
Ha, illusionary progress!

On another note I wonder if this Amazon documentary will shine any light on leadership (or lack thereof) and any cliques etc in the dressing room. Or will it just be a pile of shite? I’ve not watched any of the previous ones to have an idea of how interesting or revealing they are
I'd say the club have final editorial say so yeah pile of PR shite most likely.... :lol:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

augie wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:41 am
It's funny that for 80% of this season I have been hearing about how arteta (not edu) had nailed last summers transfer window, and that his deals (ramsdale, tommy, white and odeargod) were brilliant for the club - there was hardly a mention of tavares or sambi and the questionable signings of them, and now we are also hearing more balanced comments questioning the big game mia odeargod and the over cocky but nervy ramsdale, and the defensive limitations of white.
And the injury prone Tomiyasu…

… overall for a first season they did well enough and an improvement on Leno, Bellend, and Holding. Odegaard was around last season, so doesn’t really count.

This summer, the strikers need looking at as a number one priority. I am hoping that Xhakash!t goes and Arsenal get a top class central midfielder. Also the injury prone nature of the defence suggests some additions back there.

There will need to be at least 6 more signings this summer. And that will just get Arsenal to having enough players on the bench without raiding the under 23s as in recent weeks.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC Sports:

Arsenal's 26-year-old Ivory Coast winger Nicolas Pepe - who joined for a club record fee of £72m in 2019 - is frustrated at his lack of game time and could push for a move away. (Mirror)

:shock: "Push for a move away"!??? He couldn't push a shopping trolley around fuckin Waitrose! :banghead:

Meanwhile, the Gunners are expected to bid £35m for Manchester City's Brazil forward Gabriel Jesus, 25, who is set to leave following Erling Haaland's arrival. (football.london)

Yeah! Sure he is EXACTLY what we need, a burly, 6' 4" striker with pace who can collect and hold the ball, whilst holding off the oppositions CB's and then bring the rest of our attackers into play :roll:

And Arsenal chiefs are holding talks over whether to sell Brazilian defender Gabriel Magalhaes this summer, with a £51m fee being touted for the 24-year-old, who has been linked with Juventus. (Tuttosport - in Italian)

Does this mean Saliba is definitely returning??? Or will they offer Holding a contract extension and wage rise like they did with Clive? :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have made contact with Paulo Dybala’s representatives to find out what personal terms the player is seeking. Sources have told ESPN a member of Dybala’s entourage held meetings in London & Manchester before flying to Spain & Italy for similar conversations. [@JamesOlley] https://t.co/n8IphsAUg6

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Initial contact has now been made between Arsenal & Man City. Whether they pursue a deal for Jesus remains to be seen, but Arteta is a huge admirer. Arsenal will wait to see what European competition they qualify for this weekend before deciding their next move. [@JamesOlley] https://t.co/SAee889hA7

Sources have told ESPN Arsenal did not expect to finish in the top four this season & therefore their long-term budgeting has not been significantly affected by the recent slump. That will make a deal for Gabriel Jesus harder to pull off, although not impossible. [@JamesOlley] https://t.co/ddFZhL9RVA

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:32 am
Arsenal have made contact with Paulo Dybala’s representatives to find out what personal terms the player is seeking. Sources have told ESPN a member of Dybala’s entourage held meetings in London & Manchester before flying to Spain & Italy for similar conversations. [@JamesOlley] https://t.co/n8IphsAUg6

Dybala is a top quality player imo, but again he is more of a 10 when we need a proper centre forward