ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:55 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:47 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:15 am
Thynker wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:50 pm
ESR, Nketiah, Partey, Soares, Tierney, Patino, Taveres, Lokonga will all be on their way.
You’ve got to expect Ramsdale to move on too.

Yup and I am still not convinced that raya is a better goalie, they both have strengths and weaknesses....etc But would totally understand why Rambo would want to move and play elsewhere... apparently the Chavs are keen on him.... mind you they are keen on signing anyone we are interested in ... Just surprised they didn't try and gazump of deal with Declan Rice.

I think they thought they had the better deal by gazumping us on Caicedo OB. To be honest, I feared they were right, because I remember both you and I really wanting us to sign Caicedo. He might still come good, but I'm delighted to have been proven wrong so far.
True mate, I'm sure he is a very decent Midfielder, but seems to have nose dived since joining the Chavs... Much like the rest of the team! :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Don't think we want Ivan Toney in the summer. Let the Chavs pay way over the odds for him.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Midz wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:10 pm
Don't think we want Ivan Toney in the summer. Let the Chavs pay way over the odds for him.
He was a real handful for our defence yesterday but made himself look a complete tit with all the off the ball stuff and moaning like a bitch.

I would have been for signing him, but think we can do better for the cost ( suggested fee of £80m )

Midz

Post by Midz »

He wasn't on best behaviour, was he.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:03 pm
Midz wrote:
He was a real handful for our defence yesterday but made himself look a complete tit with all the off the ball stuff and moaning like a bitch.

I would have been for signing him, but think we can do better for the cost ( suggested fee of £80m )
Also Arteta isn't interested in a player whom might cause problems ie: Aubamayang

There's no denying he is one very good player / striker, but not if he is going to act like a cun.t

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:12 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Midz wrote:

Also Arteta isn't interested in a player whom might cause problems ie: Aubamayang

There's no denying he is one very good player / striker, but not if he is going to act like a cun.t
For me the issue then is that Arteta is too weak to manage him. I don't rate Toney as a world class talent but is he a better striker than anything we currently have? Absolutely. If we are not chasing a top top striker I'd sign Toney to replace the Feather.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:46 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:12 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Midz wrote:

For me the issue then is that Arteta is too weak to manage him. I don't rate Toney as a world class talent but is he a better striker than anything we currently have? Absolutely. If we are not chasing a top top striker I'd sign Toney to replace the Feather.
Absolutely... perhaps he has Big Fish in a Small Pond Syndrome... and would settle in well ... But his Gambling problem will for sure have put some of the interested off him.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal have made Sporting forward Viktor Gyökeres their number one summer target. 🎯

The Swedish striker has a £85m release clause! 🇸🇪

(Source: Football Transfers)

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:18 pm
🚨 Arsenal have made Sporting forward Viktor Gyökeres their number one summer target. 🎯

The Swedish striker has a £85m release clause! 🇸🇪

(Source: Football Transfers)

Could have bought him from coventry last season for the price of a happy meal :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Sports:

Arsenal have made Sporting Lisbon's Sweden forward Viktor Gyokeres, 25, their number one striker target this summer. The former Coventry player has an £85m release clause in his contract.

Arsenal and Liverpool are both interested in Eintracht Frankfurt and Ecuador centre-back Willian Pacho, 22.

Arsenal's 24-year-old English winger Reiss Nelson has emerged as a top summer target for Brighton.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Nelson might do all right at Brighton or at least fare better than he will for us.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Midz wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:04 pm
Nelson might do all right at Brighton or at least fare better than he will for us.
He gets so little game time for us, must want to play regularly ?

For us selling an academy player or 2 is very healthy for the books - Nketieh, Smith Rowe and Nelson all candidates I reckon .

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

New long term contact for Ethan Nwaneri all done ✅

This kid is good, could be great if he carries on developing

Hope to see more of him next season :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:04 pm
He's Willock part two. Utter shit. Yeah he seems like a nice lad but he ain't no footballer. Still, worse than him have gotten careers from the game in the lower leagues. Best of luck to him when he goes.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Apparently the reason we won’t be signing Mbappe this year is because he thinks it’s ‘a bit cold’ over here. That clears that up, then. We must have had a chance, if only for that damn weather! :lol: