ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:11 am
🚨Manchester United have joined the race to sign Declan Rice this summer. Arsenal are most advanced in their interest, however, well-placed sources have indicated that Arsenal’s initial valuation of Rice falls more than £10m short of West Ham’s price. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]

Arsenal's valuation of every player we're interested in falls well short of the real price.

Apparently (Metro) we've bid £14m for Sacha Boey but Galatasaray want £21m. typical.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:01 pm
We won’t get Rice. Too many bidders. West Ham will just go with the highest regardless of what Rice himself wants to do.
Our one advantage is we are in London and have CL football.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

fivetothree wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:32 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:01 pm
We won’t get Rice. Too many bidders. West Ham will just go with the highest regardless of what Rice himself wants to do.
Our one advantage is we are in London and have CL football.
It’s West Ham that need to accept the offer. Not Declan Rice.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Midz wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:41 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:11 am
🚨Manchester United have joined the race to sign Declan Rice this summer. Arsenal are most advanced in their interest, however, well-placed sources have indicated that Arsenal’s initial valuation of Rice falls more than £10m short of West Ham’s price. [@SamiMokbel81_DM]

Arsenal's valuation of every player we're interested in falls well short of the real price.

Apparently (Metro) we've bid £14m for Sacha Boey but Galatasaray want £21m. typical.
Cough cough you mean (McDowell) :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

:box: :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

We have now reached that stage of the season........ expected transfers versus converted transfers. Normally plays out about 50 to 3.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

West Ham will just go with the highest regardless of what Rice himself wants to do.

Mudryk all over again.

Maybe it will be just as good a thing in the long run.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Rice still has a huge sway in where he goes. West Ham can accept whatever bid they want but if the player doesn't want to go there he can just dig his heels in and threaten to see his contract out. Highly unlikely I know but just saying that it's not solely in the club's hands.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Too much English tax on Rice, Caicedo will be cheaper,is younger and has just as high ceiling.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Reiss Nelson is set to AGREE a new contract with Arsenal, expected to be a new four-year deal. [@TheAthleticFC] #afc

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:01 am
Reiss Nelson is set to AGREE a new contract with Arsenal, expected to be a new four-year deal. [@TheAthleticFC] #afc

Tad disappointed by this I have to say - I like the kid and want him to succeed in his career and imo the best way of doing that is to fcuk off and play for a manager that rates him cos arteta doesnt. Secondly I think a 4 year deal is ridiculous here - I get that the player has the power here cos he contract is expiring, but a 4 year deal is a big commitment to a player arteta has shown little belief in imo. I would have thought a new one year contract with an automatic extension kicking in if he makes a certain number of starts or appearances - that way if he does well he gets a new long term contract, but if he doesnt kick on then he can leave on a free next summer

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

augie wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:37 am
gooner265 wrote:

Tad disappointed by this I have to say - I like the kid and want him to succeed in his career and imo the best way of doing that is to fcuk off and play for a manager that rates him cos arteta doesnt. Secondly I think a 4 year deal is ridiculous here - I get that the player has the power here cos he contract is expiring, but a 4 year deal is a big commitment to a player arteta has shown little belief in imo. I would have thought a new one year contract with an automatic extension kicking in if he makes a certain number of starts or appearances - that way if he does well he gets a new long term contract, but if he doesnt kick on then he can leave on a free next summer
The club must think they can get a decent transfer fee for him in a year or two perhaps, I guess he won't be on massive money so maybe the plan is to get a decent fee for him if he doesn't kick on.

I still think we need a winger, so I hope this doesn't mean we don't buy someone to compete with Saka. Suppose the other option is we buy a striker and use Jesus more as a winger like he was at City.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 4:31 am
Too much English tax on Rice, Caicedo will be cheaper,is younger and has just as high ceiling.
If we are selling one of Xhaka or Partey perhaps we will buy both if we can generate some decent sales.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

fivetothree wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:52 am
augie wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:37 am
gooner265 wrote:

The club must think they can get a decent transfer fee for him in a year or two perhaps, I guess he won't be on massive money so maybe the plan is to get a decent fee for him if he doesn't kick on.

I still think we need a winger, so I hope this doesn't mean we don't buy someone to compete with Saka. Suppose the other option is we buy a striker and use Jesus more as a winger like he was at City.
Thought he deserve a bit more playing time this year, particularly when Saka struggled, yet got next to nothing.
If he didn’t get much game time this year, is he likely to next season, when we may have better options ? ( assuming signings made)

I agree a new deal is likely to just protect our value so we can sell in a year or two’s time - hope he is nowhere near Nketiah’s salary level :shock:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Nelson has supposedly rejected 3 offers already. Who knows what they contained? We certainly don't! :lol:

But as always it's definitely Arteta's fault. He isn't even involved in contract negotiations. :roll:

And let's be absolutely honest here, the love for Nelson seems to come solely from his goal against Bournemouth. The lad is a decent enough player but he's in the Joe Willock bracket of talent. Never a first team starter.

If he was to go we'd only have to buy someone similar to fill his squad place.