ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have ‘advanced’ in negotiations to sign Gabriel Jesus & are close to agreeing a fee with Manchester City, ‘moving towards at least €50m’. Arsenal are favourites to sign Jesus due to his relationship with Edu Gaspar. [@brunoandrd, UOL] #afc https://t.co/csuFosRtsW

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:58 pm
augie wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:42 pm
I know that 99% of all transfer speculation is total bu!!shit, but it worries the shit out of me that we are continually being linked with wingers when we have so many arseholes elsewhere

Slight amendment there dude! :wink:
You beat me to it, was going to post the same thing :lol: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:59 pm
ps: And the other one of the three is Lefty! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
:shock:

Mate my shirt has xhaka on the back, you know that and btw at least mine is adult sized :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have formalised a €50m offer for Gabriel Jesus. Negotiations are ‘close to an outcome’, which should happen at the end of the season. Jesus’ move has been ‘sewn’ together by Edu Gaspar, at the request of Mikel Arteta. [@thirfernandes, Goal] #afc https://t.co/zv0BJ5sovu

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Ricardo Begone, Bologna’s CEO, will attend tomorrow’s North London Derby and will meet with the Arsenal officials afterwards to negotiate the transfer of Aaron Hickey. Reports, @TuttoBolognaWeb. https://t.co/CCKyzcCBfc

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:59 pm
ps: And the other one of the three is Lefty! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mate my shirt has xhaka on the back, you know that and btw at least mine is EXTRA FAT BAP sized :lol:

Burn Him!
:bar_b_q:

:lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:03 pm
Arsenal have formalised a €50m offer for Gabriel Jesus. Negotiations are ‘close to an outcome’, which should happen at the end of the season. Jesus’ move has been ‘sewn’ together by Edu Gaspar, at the request of Mikel Arteta. [@thirfernandes, Goal] #afc https://t.co/zv0BJ5sovu

£50m for gabriel jesus - banter season is getting going early this year :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

augie

Post by augie »

Can I add that, as a guy that is against nketieh getting a new contract, I would rather sign nketieh on a new 4 year contract than sign gabriel jesus for £30m much less £50m - ridiculous idea

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Average of 1 goal in 3 at City, not sure that is what we need but admittedly it is better than Laca and Nketiah combined. Under Arteta we dont play in a way that suits Jesus, it is why I think Auba struggled so much. I really dont see Jesus as a target man but it looks like it is what we are getting, anyone remember those heady days of Wenger putting square pegs in round holes :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:32 pm
Can I add that, as a guy that is against nketieh getting a new contract, I would rather sign nketieh on a new 4 year contract than sign gabriel jesus for £30m much less £50m - ridiculous idea
Don't want either of them .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:32 pm
And of course will be super motivated to be cast aside by a more successful club because that always works out doesn't it :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Any more wingers we're being linked with today? We have been for the last six months and clearly that's what's so badly missing as evidenced last night :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:24 am
Any more wingers we're being linked with today? We have been for the last six months and clearly that's what's so badly missing as evidenced last night :roll:
that would suggest Pepe is leaving and, if he does, a new winger/wide forward will probably be needed.

That’s what worries me about this summer. We already need at least 1 (probably 2) strikers and a midfielder + a left back as Tierney can’t stay fit. Adding a winger to that is a bit much.

I suspect a centre forward who can also play wide will be signed to fill both roles . Maybe that partly explains Gabriel Jesus :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:35 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:24 am
that would suggest Pepe is leaving and, if he does, a new winger/wide forward will probably be needed.

That’s what worries me about this summer. We already need at least 1 (probably 2) strikers and a midfielder + a left back as Tierney can’t stay fit. Adding a winger to that is a bit much.

I suspect a centre forward who can also play wide will be signed to fill both roles . Maybe that partly explains Gabriel Jesus :rubchin:

That would also explain why you used the word "wide" instead of the word "well" when talking about jesus :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 4:12 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:19 pm
Tielemans....yes please.

I'd also actually be for re-signing both El Neny and Eddie as fabled internal solutions because I just don't think we can go out and championship manager all our problems away in just one transfer window.

Tielemans with either a Tierney replacement or at the very least a proper back up at LB plus our main bit of business in getting a powerhouse striker that will get 20 league goals is all I can see us going for.

Adding the likes of Bissouma and a second striker to the mix and we're in wet dream territory especially if Xhaka fucks off (come on Jose you know you want to).

It hasn't really worked out for Balogun at Boro but who knows maybe he's ready to come back in and give us an option.

Sweet Jesus rodders - I know we cant "football manager" (hasnt been called championship manager in over a decade :wink: ) all our problems away in one swoop, but no fcuking way should nketieh be our second choice manager - seasons consist of 38 league games plus a number of cup games, and just cos eddie scores in 3 or 4 games at the tail end of the season does not make him good enough imo. I like the guy, and because he is homegrown I would love it if he was of the required quality, but the reality is that he isnt good enough to be second choice much less first choice :roll:

Can I also say that I have never been a big fan of this "I wont celebrate when I score against my old team" nonsense, but eddie not celebrating cos of a loan spell with those c.unts is absolute bollox imo
What??? Not called championship manager anymore? When the fuck did that happen? Game's gone mate :lol:

We started this season with 4 strikers - Auba, Laca, Eddie and Balogun - I just don't think it's realistic to replace all 4 in one window - or even 3 for that matter. I had great hopes that Balogun would flourish on loan at Boro but he's only scored 3 goals while there and sat on the bench for a lot of it. From reading reviews of his time there from Boro fans it seems that while there's definitely a player there he struggled badly with the physicality of the championship at times and was bullied out of a lot of games so I doubt he's ready to come back and fight for a spot with us.

With the amount of areas we need filling I'd sign Eddie as the back up striker and splurge all the wonga on a main man up top, Tielemans and a LB - after the absolute carnage Tierney's injury has caused to the entire defense - we can't have that shit happening again next season after he inevitably gets crocked again within 10 games.