ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

🗞️| Arsenal are preparing to lodge a renewed offer for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo. It’s understood the Gunners will make a bid similar to the £75 million package that was rejected by Brighton in January. No personal terms have been agreed upon as it stands.[@JournoHaff , @ChrisWheatley]

Granit Xhaka is leaving the club to join Bayer Leverkusen & Albert Sambi Lokonga is also likely to be moved on. Their exits could facilitate the arrivals of Declan Rice & Moises Caicedo, with Arsenal keen to sign both players despite their lofty price tags. [@GraemeBailey] #afc

🚨 Understand Arsenal will lodge a new bid for Moises Caicedo, similar to the £75m package rejected in January. #AFC 🔴

Brighton’s stance has changed since the winter. They were 100% no sale but are now open to negotiations. #BHAFC 🔵✍️ w/ @ChrisWheatley

augie

Post by augie »

Kingralph wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:16 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:49 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:03 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:07 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:47 pm
Whenever I see Declan Rice play it just screams shite Gareth Barry vibes.

Hard pass and get Caicedo instead
Rice is massively over rated. He's a good player but not a great player and not worth 100 million.
But thankfully when you've got an owner worth 8 billion and living in a non sustainable business model, none of it is our money and hence he's worth what someone will pay.......and I couldn't give less of a fuck!

It isnt as simple as that though Steve O - if we shell out that money on an average player, it wont lift us to the level we need/aspire to be at, so yes it isnt our money as such, but it is a waste of big money who is not up to the level required.
i will bet my nuts that if he wasnt englishhe wouldnt get the love from the media and fans that he is getting, and so many times we see clubs fall into that hype trap (harry maguire ?). Let me put it this way .... is he almost as good as Bellingham ? I would say no, but bellingham is going for 92m rising to 115m and that is approx 20m more than what rice is rumoured to be costing us. That is fcuking crazy cos they are miles apart in ability

He’s Irish. :lol:

Was when he was singing about the ira a few years back, but now he is all about singing about the big earred fool and his queen who was too ugly to get a part in shrek :ewwwww: :wink: :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || An agreement has been reached between Arsenal and William Saliba to extend his contract, on £190-200k PW [@TeamNewsAndTix, Via @CDavison_AFC].

John F

Post by John F »

Kingralph wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Rice is massively over rated. He's a good player but not a great player and not worth 100 million.
But thankfully when you've got an owner worth 8 billion and living in a non sustainable business model, none of it is our money and hence he's worth what someone will pay.......and I couldn't give less of a fuck!

It isnt as simple as that though Steve O - if we shell out that money on an average player, it wont lift us to the level we need/aspire to be at, so yes it isnt our money as such, but it is a waste of big money who is not up to the level required.
i will bet my nuts that if he wasnt englishhe wouldnt get the love from the media and fans that he is getting, and so many times we see clubs fall into that hype trap (harry maguire ?). Let me put it this way .... is he almost as good as Bellingham ? I would say no, but bellingham is going for 92m rising to 115m and that is approx 20m more than what rice is rumoured to be costing us. That is fcuking crazy cos they are miles apart in ability
He is from my hometown Kingston and everything is overpriced there.

wibble

Post by wibble »

John F wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:58 pm
Kingralph wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

He’s Jamaican?! :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

wibble wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:15 pm
John F wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:58 pm
Kingralph wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

He’s Jamaican?! :wink:
Yes :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Arsenal have moved a step closer to Declan Rice deal, as West Ham target three players to spend his £92m fee on [Via - @Matt_Law_DT].

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:28 pm
🚨 || Arsenal have moved a step closer to Declan Rice deal, as West Ham target three players to spend his £92m fee on [Via - @Matt_Law_DT].
I hope one of them is Xhaka.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’ve just been told we are going big nuts this summer. Hold on to your hats. We are going for it! :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:54 pm
I’ve just been told we are going big nuts this summer. Hold on to your hats. We are going for it! :barscarf:
I hope you're right

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kingralph wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: :lol:

But the fuck he is. He had that chance. Its gone now. He'll have to pack his beloved IRA songs away and learn the words to God Save The Closet Job Tax Dodger With The Pedo Son. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I hope you're right because if come August we've spent 120million and the club say that's it and all we have is an average to goodish player like Rice I'm gonna be fucking steaming. :lol:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Your ‘sources’ have proved completely reliable in the past, so I have no reason to doubt this is absolutely genuine intel. :roll:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

I only managed to watch the first half of the murderers cup final the other day, but Rice looked bang average. He did point quite a lot though!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:40 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Your ‘sources’ have proved completely reliable in the past, so I have no reason to doubt this is absolutely genuine intel. :roll:
King Prat. Welcome back from your break. Or have the schools broken up. :lol: