ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:40 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:57 pm
🚨 Exclusive: Eddie Howe & NUFC recruitment team told transfer budget is £75m. Scope for £100m if selling now or banking on doing so next summer
🎯 Midfield priority as James Maddison tops list. McTominay, Caicedo & Gallagher also there.
✍️ More details...

Could be relevant to us as it may impact them buying Tierney
They've just unveiled their new shirt sponsor, a "company" owned by the public investment fund of Saudi Arabia :coffeespit:

What a fucking joke :roll:
But unsurprising. The game is eating itself bit by bit.

EDIT: 1000 pages! :barscarf:
Last edited by Arsenal Till I Die on Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:15 pm
🚨 Arsenal are thought to be following the developments with Kai Havertz’s situation. The problem, Chelsea’s asking price, which is putting off potential bidders. £70m. Reports, @Matt_Law_DT.
I saw this a couple of days ago , not what we need , next .

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:07 pm
🚨 Arsenal are thought to be following the developments with Kai Havertz’s situation. The problem, Chelsea’s asking price, which is putting off potential bidders. £70m. Reports, @Matt_Law_DT.

He is fcuking dogshite :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

We know that the media put out an awful lot of bu!!shit rumours about every club, but it seems to me this summer, that every player we are linked with is no better than what we already have, and most of what we are linked with are clearly inferior to our current players :oops: :oops: Again I know that only a very small percentage of rumours will have any semblence of truth to them, but I have to say that it is worrying me that all we are being linked with is shit players. More and more I am buying into the theory that our shopping this summer will be focused on increasing competition for places, rather than raising the level of the starting 11 - I dont see arteta going out and buying an upgrade for the number 9 position cos again I dont see him having the backbone to deal with an unhappy jesus, so what he will do is bring in a player of a similar level to jesus where he can reassure jesus that he is still first choice and that the new striker will be used to rest jesus. I reckon the same will happen if he signs full backs cos white and zinchenko are "his guys", even though it would be very possible to upgrade on both imo. Centre midfield is the only position where I see arteta changing his starting line up but how much of that decision is down to swiss turd looking to leave and/or parteys looming legal issues and injury record ?

We will not challenge for league next season if we do not buy to improve our starting 11

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A thousand pages and still no Joe Cole! :cry:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:50 pm
rodders999 wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
🚨 Exclusive: Eddie Howe & NUFC recruitment team told transfer budget is £75m. Scope for £100m if selling now or banking on doing so next summer
🎯 Midfield priority as James Maddison tops list. McTominay, Caicedo & Gallagher also there.
✍️ More details...

They've just unveiled their new shirt sponsor, a "company" owned by the public investment fund of Saudi Arabia :coffeespit:

Buy a shirt and enter the prize draw to behead a homosexual.

I don’t believe you, unless it’s been confirmed by one of Bobby P’s sources.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:39 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:50 pm
rodders999 wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
✍️ More details...

Buy a shirt and enter the prize draw to behead a homosexual.

I don’t believe you, unless it’s been confirmed by one of Bobby P’s sources.
I thought John Goodman played you well. Overweight, obnoxious, yank. But such a simple soul you couldn’t help but smile at your social blunders. Look how far you’ve come since then. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:45 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:03 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:07 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:47 pm
Whenever I see Declan Rice play it just screams shite Gareth Barry vibes.

Hard pass and get Caicedo instead
Rice is massively over rated. He's a good player but not a great player and not worth 100 million.
But thankfully when you've got an owner worth 8 billion and living in a non sustainable business model, none of it is our money and hence he's worth what someone will pay.......and I couldn't give less of a fuck!
I hope you're right because if come August we've spent 120million and the club say that's it and all we have is an average to goodish player like Rice I'm gonna be fucking steaming. :lol:
Times have changed mate - its all about the CL being the be all and end all. Including for our owners. If that was slipping away then come January another 100m or so would be magically found

The days of a fixed budget are over

Anyway- there's always the internal transfer market you miserable c.unt :D :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 EXCL: Arsenal have reached agreement with William Saliba over new 4yr contract. 22yo had 12mnths on existing deal but fresh terms will tie him down until at least 2027, amid strong interest from PL + abroad. Now on to paperwork stage @TheAthleticFC #AFC

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal new contracts plan continue as Martin Ødegaard’s next one on the list — negotiations will take place soon. ⚪️🔴 #AFC

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:16 am
🚨 EXCL: Arsenal have reached agreement with William Saliba over new 4yr contract. 22yo had 12mnths on existing deal but fresh terms will tie him down until at least 2027, amid strong interest from PL + abroad. Now on to paperwork stage @TheAthleticFC #AFC
Buzzing over this huge news going into the transfer window.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:24 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Never in doubt for me really.

Apparently he requested the No. 2 shirt aswell. 8)

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

nut flush gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Give us Rice and Caicedo on top of Saka, Gabriel, Martinelli, Ramsdale, Odegaard (in all probability) signing new deals and this team is set for the next 5 years, with only tweaks required.

Assuming Xhaka goes

Stage 4 of the project ☑️

Next, the hardest bit, global domination. 🌎 🏆🔴⚪️🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:45 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:07 pm

He is fcuking dogshite :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

We know that the media put out an awful lot of bu!!shit rumours about every club, but it seems to me this summer, that every player we are linked with is no better than what we already have, and most of what we are linked with are clearly inferior to our current players :oops: :oops: Again I know that only a very small percentage of rumours will have any semblence of truth to them, but I have to say that it is worrying me that all we are being linked with is shit players. More and more I am buying into the theory that our shopping this summer will be focused on increasing competition for places, rather than raising the level of the starting 11 - I dont see arteta going out and buying an upgrade for the number 9 position cos again I dont see him having the backbone to deal with an unhappy jesus, so what he will do is bring in a player of a similar level to jesus where he can reassure jesus that he is still first choice and that the new striker will be used to rest jesus. I reckon the same will happen if he signs full backs cos white and zinchenko are "his guys", even though it would be very possible to upgrade on both imo. Centre midfield is the only position where I see arteta changing his starting line up but how much of that decision is down to swiss turd looking to leave and/or parteys looming legal issues and injury record ?

We will not challenge for league next season if we do not buy to improve our starting 11
Both Rice and Caceido will improve us IMO , harsh on White and Zinchenko as well , they were great until the last month or so for me. We need depth so can rotate more plus we have a young squad who are improving all the time , a couple of leaders (Rice is one for me ) will push them along.
Far too much pessimism on here for me , if we'd been teetering around 4th all season and had a late push for second people would be more optimistic I think.
Lots to be happy about, this season in the ground has been the best atmosphere since we left Highbury , we've punched above our weight with a young side that will only get better.

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:34 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Give us Rice and Caicedo on top of Saka, Gabriel, Martinelli, Ramsdale, Odegaard (in all probability) signing new deals and this team is set for the next 5 years, with only tweaks required.

Assuming Xhaka goes

Stage 4 of the project ☑️

Next, the hardest bit, global domination. 🌎 🏆🔴⚪️🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

Seriously ?? Set for what exactly ?? You think centre midfield is only reason we didnt win the league ? Where is the goalscorer we need to win the big trophies ? Our startinhg 11, even if you put rice and caciedo in for swiss turd and partey, is still nowhere near good enough to win the big trophies

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Absolutely mindblown over the Rice comments, to the extent that I CBA to debate.

Listening to Tequila in honour of Saliba!