ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:44 pm
According to @cmdotcom, Roma are hoping to 'snatch Granit Xhaka on loan' if #Arsenal sign Arthur. https://t.co/kVrUxwKtpF
Fake news stop winding us up (or raising our hopes). He ain't leaving mid season.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Nothing to see here, Wiggy & the club have no intention buying any decent players. :banghead:

All the media stories are just lies planted in the same way by the clubs public relations department just as back in the days of Lord Wonga, all designed to deceive the supporters.

This thread should now be locked for the rest of the season & beyond. :barscarf:

Trust the process LOL! :barscarf:

Captain Black has just sold his soul for Wiggy's contract extension cash! :box: :banghead: :censored: :cussing: :banghead: :banghead:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:52 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
According to @cmdotcom, Roma are hoping to 'snatch Granit Xhaka on loan' if #Arsenal sign Arthur. https://t.co/kVrUxwKtpF
Fake news stop winding us up (or raising our hopes). He ain't leaving mid season.
He’s never leaving mate. NEVER. :shock::banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:38 am
Nothing to see here, Wiggy & the club have no intention buying any decent players. :banghead:

All the media stories are just lies planted in the same way by the clubs public relations department just as back in the days of Lord Wonga, all designed to deceive the supporters.

This thread should now be locked for the rest of the season & beyond. :barscarf:

Trust the process LOL! :barscarf:

Captain Black has just sold his soul for Wiggy's contract extension cash! :box: :banghead: :censored: :cussing: :banghead: :banghead:

I havent seen anything anywhere suggesting that he has signed a contract extension, apart from on here :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:26 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:52 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
He’s never leaving mate. NEVER. :shock::banghead:
No I'm not don't know about xhaka 8)

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I'm trying to think of any period in our history in which we had worse options up front than right now. Lacazette tries hard but is average at best, Nketiah is a championship player and Aubameyang looked finished before he was sent into obscurity. Even if I rated any of these 3, they'll all be gone in the summer yet the club never addressed it in the summer or in this window. Instead just like Wenger would do we have internal solutions like chasing Nketiah around to sign a new deal, that in itself is an indictment on the club that anyone rates him. When we sign no one in the next few days we'll hear how Kroenke wouldn't give Arteta the funds to sign anyone, which even if true then Arteta is happy to work in shit conditions as long as his pay cheque rolls in.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:42 pm
Arsenal have not given up on trying to sign Bruno Guimaraes from Lyon. The Brazil midfielder would cost at least €30m (£25.1m). [@SkySportsNews]

Nufc agree fee in excess of £30 million with Lyon for midfielder Bruno Guimaraes.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Beaten to a transfer by Newcastle :lol: :lol: :lol:

What next, try to sign a Burnley player who turns us down because he’s ambitious!! :barscarf:

Trust the process

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:34 am
I'm trying to think of any period in our history in which we had worse options up front than right now. Lacazette tries hard but is average at best, Nketiah is a championship player and Aubameyang looked finished before he was sent into obscurity. Even if I rated any of these 3, they'll all be gone in the summer yet the club never addressed it in the summer or in this window. Instead just like Wenger would do we have internal solutions like chasing Nketiah around to sign a new deal, that in itself is an indictment on the club that anyone rates him. When we sign no one in the next few days we'll hear how Kroenke wouldn't give Arteta the funds to sign anyone, which even if true then Arteta is happy to work in shit conditions as long as his pay cheque rolls in.
Steady on, i very much doubt ol Eddie i can miss from any distance no matter how close Nketiah is even at best and with a lot of work a championship player, i guess we'll find out when his contract runs down and he leaves, most likely to never be heard from again. but as long as he leaves, that's the important bit.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Christ on a fucking bike, how have Newcastle beaten us to a transfer target? :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:57 pm
Christ on a fucking bike, how have Newcastle beaten us to a transfer target? :lol:
Start of many

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:57 pm
Think this says more about the player and agent then ambition. Arsenal were only looking for a loan deal.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Official statement from Olympique Lyonnais. No full agreement reached yet with Newcastle for Bruno Guimarães. 🚨 #OL

Payment terms [no installments accepted] and agent details among problems for Bruno deal, and no medical for Brazilian midfielder in Ecuador. #NUFC

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

On transfers, Elneny to Fenerbache looking less & less likely given Arsenal's current options in midfield - move had been on at one point.

Other than Matt Turner, Arsenal not currently expecting any arrivals before deadline.