ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:07 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:47 pm
Whenever I see Declan Rice play it just screams shite Gareth Barry vibes.

Hard pass and get Caicedo instead
Rice is massively over rated. He's a good player but not a great player and not worth 100 million.
But thankfully when you've got an owner worth 8 billion and living in a non sustainable business model, none of it is our money and hence he's worth what someone will pay.......and I couldn't give less of a fuck!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

‼️ With West Ham now set to sanction Declan Rice’s move to Arsenal in a deal worth around £92m, the club will have significant funds to spend this summer [Via - @Matt_Law_DT].

WH owner David Sullivan speaking to @talkSPORT about Declan Rice:

"I think it has to be [his last game]. We promised him he could go. He set his heart on going. You can't ask for a man who has committed more to us this season. He has to get on & we have to get a replacement."

🚨 || David Sullivan expects formal offers for Rice to begin today [Via - @TalkSPORT].

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Rice is massively over rated. He's a good player but not a great player and not worth 100 million.
But he could become a great player with us and it isn't my money so I dont care and he's a leader we desperately need.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Rice will be huge for Arsenal, I just hope we get him.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:08 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

But he could become a great player with us and it isn't my money so I dont care and he's a leader we desperately need.
He's not overrated, was England's best player away to Italy, and bossed the midfield. In a poor West Ham side, bossed Partey a few weeks back too. Good leadership qualities, the ideal player to slot into our team and improve it.

His stats are up there with the best, including most interceptions in the PL by any player last season. For Arteta's style of high-intensity pressing high up the pitch those attributes are crucial.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:40 am
Rice will be huge for Arsenal, I just hope we get him.
We are odds on favs now, as long as the board don't piss around with the fee we should land him.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal have made an official offer of €14m (£12m) to sign Sacha Boey, Galatasaray want €20m (£17m). The relationship is good after Torreira's transfer. Boey wants to play in the Premier League and there’s great possibility of his departure [Via - @Hurriyet].

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Jorginho is leaving Arsenal. Maurizio Sarri wants to sign the player for Lazio [Via - @Laziosiamonoi].

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

More on Declan Rice’s future ✨🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

◉ Arsenal have official bid ready since May, it will be submitted soon.

◉ Xhaka to Leverkusen to happen right after new midfielder deal.

◉ Bayern want Rice; they feel priority is to stay in England.

◉ Nothing sealed/agreed yet.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:03 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

But thankfully when you've got an owner worth 8 billion and living in a non sustainable business model, none of it is our money and hence he's worth what someone will pay.......and I couldn't give less of a fuck!

It isnt as simple as that though Steve O - if we shell out that money on an average player, it wont lift us to the level we need/aspire to be at, so yes it isnt our money as such, but it is a waste of big money who is not up to the level required.
i will bet my nuts that if he wasnt english he wouldnt get the love from the media and fans that he is getting, and so many times we see clubs fall into that hype trap (harry maguire ?). Let me put it this way .... is he almost as good as Bellingham ? I would say no, but bellingham is going for 92m rising to 115m and that is approx 20m more than what rice is rumoured to be costing us. That is fcuking crazy cos they are miles apart in ability

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:49 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

It isnt as simple as that though Steve O - if we shell out that money on an average player, it wont lift us to the level we need/aspire to be at, so yes it isnt our money as such, but it is a waste of big money who is not up to the level required.
i will bet my nuts that if he wasnt english he wouldnt get the love from the media and fans that he is getting, and so many times we see clubs fall into that hype trap (harry maguire ?). Let me put it this way .... is he almost as good as Bellingham ? I would say no, but bellingham is going for 92m rising to 115m and that is approx 20m more than what rice is rumoured to be costing us. That is fcuking crazy cos they are miles apart in ability
There's a collection of overrated, overpriced foreigners too - need I mention 72m Pepe again who'd done it for 1 season in a farmer's league. Pogba for 100m. Fred for 63m. Mudryk 88m.

I don't think the English players cost more argument hangs together anymore - used too, but not today

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:59 pm
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

There's a collection of overrated, overpriced foreigners too - need I mention 72m Pepe again who'd done it for 1 season in a farmer's league. Pogba for 100m. Fred for 63m. Mudryk 88m.

I don't think the English players cost more argument hangs together anymore - used too, but not today

If mason mount goes for 80m+ and rice goes for anything north of 60m, then it absolutely does still hang - this isnt an anti england players thing, but it is a recognition that in the richest league in the world, homegrown players come with a premium price tag that is not reflective of their talent level.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:59 pm
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

If mason mount goes for 80m+ and rice goes for anything north of 60m, then it absolutely does still hang - this isnt an anti england players thing, but it is a recognition that in the richest league in the world, homegrown players come with a premium price tag that is not reflective of their talent level.
All it proves is that there are overrated players the world over and stupid clubs that want to pay too much - most of the shit that Chelsea spent money on was foreign. €130m for that overrated twat who won the World Cup with Argentina.....do me a favour

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:05 am
🚨 || Jorginho is leaving Arsenal. Maurizio Sarri wants to sign the player for Lazio [Via - @Laziosiamonoi].
I can’t see us making any kind of profit or even recouping what we spent on him 6 months ago!

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

i will bet my nuts that if he wasnt englishhe wouldnt get the love from the media and fans that he is getting, and so many times we see clubs fall into that hype trap (harry maguire ?). Let me put it this way .... is he almost as good as Bellingham ? I would say no, but bellingham is going for 92m rising to 115m and that is approx 20m more than what rice is rumoured to be costing us. That is fcuking crazy cos they are miles apart in ability
He’s Irish. :lol: