ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by TeeCee »

ESR has been injured......

Emile Smith Rowe enjoyed a remarkable campaign last season with 11 goals and two assists in 37 games in all competitions and will look to build on that this year, although the youngster may not get off to the desired start after picking up a groin injury.

The 22-year-old hasn’t featured for the Gunners in pre-season since starting in the 5-3 defeat of FC Nurnberg on July 8 and is yet to return to first team training following his recent injury, meaning that he is almost certainly ruled out of Friday’s visit to Crystal Palace.

Speaking on July 17, Arteta said: "We had Emile as well with a muscular niggle, but it’s a matter of days."

He's injury prone, hopefully as he gets older he gets stronger but the pattern usually goes....once injury prone, always injury prone.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:14 pm
Arsenal confirm Lucas Torreira has signed for Galatasaray on a permanent deal
I’m all for new signings but it’s the sound of turds being flushed that really makes my summer :barscarf:

Next.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Zaha is an Arsenal fan, so IF he’s the winger we sign (I doubt it) I hope he gives his all for the club he supports.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just a couple of things.

1. Zaha is gash. He is not, and has never been, what we need. As SteveO said his whole approach on the pitch is a disgrace. He looks good at times because he is the big fish in a small pond at Palarse.

2. Can a couple of you absolute bastards please learn to quote properly for the loving love of fuck. :lol:

That is all. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:48 pm
ESR has been injured......

Emile Smith Rowe enjoyed a remarkable campaign last season with 11 goals and two assists in 37 games in all competitions and will look to build on that this year, although the youngster may not get off to the desired start after picking up a groin injury.

The 22-year-old hasn’t featured for the Gunners in pre-season since starting in the 5-3 defeat of FC Nurnberg on July 8 and is yet to return to first team training following his recent injury, meaning that he is almost certainly ruled out of Friday’s visit to Crystal Palace.

Speaking on July 17, Arteta said: "We had Emile as well with a muscular niggle, but it’s a matter of days."

He's injury prone, hopefully as he gets older he gets stronger but the pattern usually goes....once injury prone, always injury prone.
TeeCee mate, if that is a direct quote from some article please credit the writer or provide a link to the original piece. The owners have strict rules around plagiarism - intentional or unintentional. Cheers mate.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Sorry DB, will do

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:20 am
Sorry DB, will do
Thanks buddy. Much appreciated. 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Héctor Bellerín’s agent is in London today as he met with Arsenal board, been told meeting took place in the morning. Discussions ongoing to terminate the contract. 🚨⚪️🔴 #AFC

Bellerín asked to return to Real Betis as soon as possible, it’s his priority. 🟢

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal are prepared to wait until Youri Tielemans’ current contract expires to secure him on a free transfer. Arsenal feel as though Leicester’s demands, in the region of £32m, are too high for a player with just one year remaining on his deal. [Football London] #afc

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:43 pm
🚨 Arsenal are prepared to wait until Youri Tielemans’ current contract expires to secure him on a free transfer. Arsenal feel as though Leicester’s demands, in the region of £32m, are too high for a player with just one year remaining on his deal. [Football London] #afc

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Confirmation, as if there was ever any doubt, that the swiss useless c.unt is going to be a permanent fixture in the team as long as this usel;ess basque c.unt remains in charge :banghead: :banghead: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Augie,xhaka is going nowhere, you need to wrap your head around it, cos you'll go loo la if you don't :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Monza remain optimistic for Pablo Marí deal. Hellas Verona have been trying to enter the race until the end but Monza are progressing in talks with Arsenal. 🚨⚪️🔴 #AFC

Arsenal are waiting for player’s final decision but Monza want to get it done soon.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:00 pm
Augie,xhaka is going nowhere, you need to wrap your head around it, cos you'll go loo la if you don't :lol:
We all know the fucktard is going nowhere. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't still be enraged by that.

I've never wanted an Arsenal player to get a career ending injury while he played for us (obviously wished it on Cashley and Van Rapey after they fucked off) but I sincerely and seriously hope the Clive moron gets crippled. He fucking deserves it. And it's the only way we'll get rid of him. :censored:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:15 am
Just a couple of things.

1. Zaha is gash. He is not, and has never been, what we need. As SteveO said his whole approach on the pitch is a disgrace. He looks good at times because he is the big fish in a small pond at Palarse.

2. Can a couple of you absolute bastards please learn to quote properly for the loving love of fuck. :lol:

That is all. :wink:
Re quoting I blame Augie , he wound me up again with his conspiracy theories :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:16 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:05 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:16 pm
I'm afraid ESR's career is going the same way as Wilshere/Tierney, he can't stay fit for 3 games in a row. I suspect the bosses at Arsenal signed Vieira to cover that fact. If someone like Villa comes in with a 45-50m bid at some stage the management may be tempted in a year or

Man will you stop with "the bosses" talk - pep's cone boy signed vieira cos he has never wanted Smith-Rowe, and that has nothing to do with kroenke's or edu. We have had such a disasterous time with injury prone players in recent seasons (van judas, diaby, rosicky etc) that we almost rush in to label some players injury prone now - tierney I can understand, but smith-rowe hasnt been getting minutes on pitch cos legohead doesnt want him
He isnt fit , he hasnt trained all pre season, wingers linked are to compete with saka , smith rowe competes with gabi , vieira competes with odegaard, he wants two players for ever position .
ESR prefers playing on the left and scored most of his goals from there hes not gonna get rid of him , he would lose the fanbase instantly.

Well, you know my feelings on this 265, I've been saying for ages that there'd be no place for ESR and that Arteta clearly doesn't rate him, regardless of what the boy does. Augie is right and I also agree with A11M11, that he will develop (if played of course) to be the best of the youngsters. I can only imagine how gutted he must have been last season, when looking like our most creative player and also being our leading scorer...from midfield...he failed to get his place back after an injury. That was all the evidence I needed to know what Arteta thought of him and there'd been plenty of prior evidence too. As Augie says, the summer's signings also show what the cone man thinks.

I also don't get this crap about his fitness levels and being injury prone. He certainly works harder than most in that side, so might look knackered after 75 mins or so, but I think it's one of those urban myths that gets frequently repeated and becomes received "wisdom".

As for his best position, he should be playing where Odegaard plays and as neat and tidy as the Norwegian is (he's also prone to disappearing in tough games), I'd have ESR every time.

You know my prediction...ESR, Martinelli and Saka won't all be here in 2 year's time. Probably all be gone and ESR the first to go. If I were him I'd be agitating for a move already, because our idiot manager is going to ruin his career if he hangs around.
You also said he doesn't rate Martinelli, but stats proved you wrong. He's also a starter this year and will take some shifting imo.