ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by BobbyPires7 »

John F wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:29 am
the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:37 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:45 pm
Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:12 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:10 pm
I drive a Maserati Quattroporte. Does that make me Albert Einstein? :wink: :lol:
No it makes u a fecking idiot!

How's the repair bills been! ;)

Twat :lol:

If a person can afford to buy a car like that then they can afford any resulting costs. It's all relative.

And as a general rule things need to go wrong before they need repairing. :lol:
:shock: :lol:

If someone can afford Maserati repair bills they wouldn't lower themselves to a Quattroporte!

Maserati -producing cars 10 years out of date since 1970. Although the sports car new one looks tasty.

Anyway what village is this that all these players live I wanna know who did Rob Holdings hair!!
They all live with Michael Caine on Stella Street .Not a lot of people know that.
His hairdresser is in Turkey I think.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:52 am
John F wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

If a person can afford to buy a car like that then they can afford any resulting costs. It's all relative.

If someone can afford Maserati repair bills they wouldn't lower themselves to a Quattroporte!

Maserati -producing cars 10 years out of date since 1970. Although the sports car new one looks tasty.

Anyway what village is this that all these players live I wanna know who did Rob Holdings hair!!
They all live with Michael Caine on Stella Street .Not a lot of people know that.
That reminds me, I mustafa hair cut soon :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:52 am
John F wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

That reminds me, I mustafa hair cut soon :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:53 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:33 am
By claiming that we don't or won't put money into the club, ie: That given the opportunity we (I) would not pay money and go to games.

If you cannot see how that is calling into question my or another's commitment to the club, then that shows one of two things or maybe both:

You're so arrogant you are unable to admit to having said something that is incorrect or you are simply as dumb s fuck?
Didn’t say anything you’ve claimed I did there. Not dumb as fuck mate. Far from it. I live in the same village as half of the Arsenal squad.
So, you're a "Village Person" huh!? Which one are you? :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:58 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:53 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:33 am
By claiming that we don't or won't put money into the club, ie: That given the opportunity we (I) would not pay money and go to games.

If you cannot see how that is calling into question my or another's commitment to the club, then that shows one of two things or maybe both:

You're so arrogant you are unable to admit to having said something that is incorrect or you are simply as dumb s fuck?
Didn’t say anything you’ve claimed I did there. Not dumb as fuck mate. Far from it. I live in the same village as half of the Arsenal squad.
So, you're a "Village Person" huh!? Which one are you? :D

:lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Partey not playing, which is great news if he’s been rested…….or not so much if he’s injured :shock:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

“Harry Redknapp says he has heard Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal mentioned as a possibility to sign Tottenham Hotspur striker, Harry Kane.”

🤣 Arry :lol: :lol: :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal are attracted to Declan Rice as he could operate at the base of midfield or as an #8. Rice’s character also suits the culture Mikel Arteta has built & he comes with glowing references for his work ethic & leadership qualities. [Standard] #afc

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:13 pm
Arsenal are attracted to Declan Rice as he could operate at the base of midfield or as an #8. Rice’s character also suits the culture Mikel Arteta has built & he comes with glowing references for his work ethic & leadership qualities. [Standard] #afc
Just been reading it on the train. All I hear is that we want him. A bidding war won’t suit us though.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think he'll suit us really well. We can't rely on Partey alone but a double pivot of Partey and Rice would be an awesome midfield..... Nearest thing to Paddy and Petit we've seen! I'm really hopeful we get him. He always seems to give 110% and he's the best'destroyer' in the PL imo.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:09 pm
I think he'll suit us really well. We can't rely on Partey alone but a double pivot of Partey and Rice would be an awesome midfield..... Nearest thing to Paddy and Petit we've seen! I'm really hopeful we get him. He always seems to give 110% and he's the best'destroyer' in the PL imo.
I really don't think we are watching the same player mate. :? For me he's a goodish PL player but not much more. I think he is very overrated to be honest. But then who knows, he could up his game playing with the likes of Saka, Odegaard and Martinelli etc. But I think the "English PL Player" premium might make him cost too much for the risk of signing him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Trouble is with the likes of Chavski and the Arab Oil Beheaders - They have already pushed the stupid prices for players to even more ridiculous levels.... It just means that all players agents will ow want astronomical amounts for even an average player and if they are English just add 30% on top.

I do like Rice (as a player) and for sure he would improve in a better team.... I like Onana the Everton midfielder - has that Nasty streak in him, is good in the air and doesn't shirk tackles etc...

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:17 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:09 pm
I really don't think we are watching the same player mate. :? For me he's a goodish PL player but not much more. I think he is very overrated to be honest. But then who knows, he could up his game playing with the likes of Saka, Odegaard and Martinelli etc. But I think the "English PL Player" premium might make him cost too much for the risk of signing him.

Agree totally - when it comes down to it I wonder if there will be much of a difference in the price of rice and bellingham, and for me bellingham is absolutely miles ahead of rice as a player. Different players and different clubs get measured by different scales, and for me he is a shammers level player who will get found out at a bigger club the same way as he is exposed at international level. If his price was a more reasonable 30m-35m level I would be ok with signing him, but for the type of money it will cost to get him, there are probably at least 2 dozen better players that we could buy cheaper than him

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Rice has been dreadful for West Ham this season. He just looks like he wants out. In the little I’ve seen him for England he looks twice the player.

LeftfootlegendGooner

SSN Thomas Partey has taken part in Arsenal training session this morning :barscarf: