ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by the playing mantis »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:10 am
Not wumming and not trying to be contrary but why is everyone banging on so much about Caicedo?

Nobody was even talking about him 6 weeks ago. Now he's the new GOAT or something worth upward of 100m. :shock: :lol:

I've seen a fair few Brighton games and he's hardly stood out as anything special. Estupinan and Mitoma, even Solly March ffs, has impressed more.

Onana and Tielemans would be preferable to Jorginho for me but who knows what's gone on behind the scenes with any negotiations.
I do t think they are. I think they are all of the view there must be dms across the world who won't cost 70m but who are still better than our cover and way better than this *word censored*. Why have we not planned for this months back? Why this trolley dash for someone who could well undermine us given how badly we have been burnt by washed up veteran rejects from big clubs each and every time we signed them.

Oh and didn't you leave about 3 tines?! ;)

Welcome back

the playing mantis

Clummo99 wrote:
Not wumming and not trying to be contrary but why is everyone banging on so much about Caicedo?

Nobody was even talking about him 6 weeks ago. Now he's the new GOAT or something worth upward of 100m. :shock: :lol:

I've seen a fair few Brighton games and he's hardly stood out as anything special. Estupinan and Mitoma, even Solly March ffs, has impressed more.

Onana and Tielemans would be preferable to Jorginho for me but who knows what's gone on behind the scenes with any negotiations.
Wummo99

;)

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:11 am
There goes the title. Shocking. Awful. Assume he will be cup tied for Europe too, so no use there.

Finished player and we are paying 12m for him. Banter club back.

Watch it all unravel. Why oh why do we do this.

Just hope partey stays available so we never see him.

This really is sickening and harks back to the bad old days.

Surely our transfer analysts can identify dms across Europe of the right standard and character who won't cost 70m who are better than jorginho.

12m fee too and no doubt high 6 figure wages and he will be released on the cheap in the summer or hang around stinking the club up for a couple of years.

This is bollox. Dms should have been identified and lined up well before January.

Sambi for all his faults is better than this guy
Behave yourself ffs. :lol: He may not even play a single game for all we know at this moment.

The knee jerking from some is absolutely ludicrous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:14 am
Clummo99 wrote:

Wummo99

;)
:lol:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Jorginho is actually a very good player, seen him play 'live' quite a few times. And he can go straight into the squad/team as played PL for years. If he's not much good, how come the European champions pick him for every international?

So he's not Iniesta, but there are similarities, and you can't have a team full of attacking midfielders anyway. He is comfortable in taking the ball in difficult situations and making things happen, which is often what you need in tight games.

At £12m that's good business (these days anyway.)

No way he's taking penalties though!

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Clummo99 wrote:

I do t think they are. I think they are all of the view there must be dms across the world who won't cost 70m but who are still better than our cover and way better than this *word censored*. Why have we not planned for this months back? Why this trolley dash for someone who could well undermine us given how badly we have been burnt by washed up veteran rejects from big clubs each and every time we signed them.

Welcome back
Nope and if it bothers you as much as it seems, cos you have mentioned it on a few occasions, I may well leave and come back a few more times. :lol:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

..and at £70m surely Caicedo is a massive risk. He's hardly played any games. Trossard has come straight in and performed, and so probably will Jorginho. And the Polish centre back sounds a bit tasty.

Don't have to spend £150m every time to move forward.....

the playing mantis

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:21 am
Clummo99 wrote:

Welcome back
Nope and if it bothers you as much as it seems, cos you have mentioned it on a few occasions, I may well leave and come back a few more times. :lol:
Are you sure :shock: :rubchin: :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I've said it quite a few times but Arteta/Edu seem to have a massive blind spot when sorting out the D/CM positions, ironic since both of them played that area of the park.

Oh well Jorghino it seems to be, kind of underwhelming when you think about it, 31 years old immaterial of how good/bad he is he seems far outside the demographic of the team they are trying to build of youthful talent with time to develop in the main. I know you need 'journeyman' players to see you through but are you trying to tell me there is not one single 26-28 year old out there to fill the gap until the summer, even on loan :rubchin:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:57 am
I've said it quite a few times but Arteta/Edu seem to have a massive blind spot when sorting out the D/CM positions, ironic since both of them played that area of the park.

Oh well Jorghino it seems to be, kind of underwhelming when you think about it, 31 years old immaterial of how good/bad he is he seems far outside the demographic of the team they are trying to build of youthful talent with time to develop in the main. I know you need 'journeyman' players to see you through but are you trying to tell me there is not one single 26-28 year old out there to fill the gap until the summer, even on loan :rubchin:
I thought Arsenal were done with signing Chelsea cast offs.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Jorginho transfer from Chelsea to Arsenal has gone down very well among #AFC squad + staff. Feeling is the midfielder brings technical ability, tactical understanding, experience level ideal for title bid. #CFC happy with money so all win @TheAthleticFC

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:

Because he isnt Jorginho - you are getting mixed up there clummo because a number of fans (myself included) have questioned the wisdom of paying so much for Caicedo, but make no mistake I would rather pay £80m for 21 year old Caicedo than 12m on a 31 year old has been. We are where we are because we stopped buying rejects that our so called rivals were trying to flog, and instead started building a team of young hungry energetic players, and for me jorginho is none of those. This signing smacks of arrogance from edu and arteta who read all about how savvy they are in the transfer market and now think that they can buy any old pile of shite and make it work - football isnt like that and it is about buying the right player for the right situation, and this isnt that. Show me anything in our recent history that gives you reason to believe that signing a player in 30s will work for us - these two clowns (edu and arteta) were the same c.unts that signing willian and signed cedric (experienced but not in his 30s).

There is every possibility that not signing a quality midfielder will finish us if partey gets injured, but do you believe that this guy is good enough to make the difference in a league chasing team ? If your answer is yes, then tell me why the chavs (who are in a mess) are happy to get rid

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:21 am
Clummo99 wrote:

Welcome back

It IS Great To See You Back Clummo! :cheekkiss: :cheers: :dance:

the playing mantis

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:07 pm
🚨 Jorginho transfer from Chelsea to Arsenal has gone down very well among #AFC squad + staff. Feeling is the midfielder brings technical ability, tactical understanding, experience level ideal for title bid. #CFC happy with money so all win @TheAthleticFC
Well the club are hardly going to release news the squad a re psised off at an overpaid past it mercenary being shipped to us by our direct rivals and helping them fund pinching players from us!!

...is this 12m the mudryk difference?

As much as I think trossard will be decent mudryk is a generational talent.

We shall see. Massively underwhelmed and fearful of this signing as its ended in tears without fail signing chav rejects...

Hope he proves many of us wrong.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:07 pm
Must have a nice bird.