ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:46 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:21 pm
New signings (LCB & Mid-field Holder) in January are a MUST if we are to get Top 4.
I’d prefer a striker so that Eddie isn’t an option
Yeah, that too mate...

Eddie the Feather, I mean nice lad and all that nonsense, but as a striker for Arsenal he is a waste of the £100k a week! (Fuckin' undred Wakadoo's for nowt!)

Yet another fuck-up by Edu and Arteta :?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Three games before the world cup interrupts the season. A proper review needs to be made of the squad for January window. I hope the club doesn't look to the World Cup for star performers and snap them up in January, as they rarely work out.
Just go out and get Ronaldo and Messi for the rest of the season. What better way for Ronalda (still better than Eddie) to get back at Manure by coming to The Arsenal for the rest of the season, and Messi to prove he's better than the French league. If I was the Kroenke's that's what I'd do. Most of the opposition defences's would just freeze if those two lined up next to each other, game won before kick off. Especially, if we were in the top 2.
Getting back to the real world though, I can see the club looking to bolster our midfield and forward options. I think we need four players to come in January to get us through to the end of the season and help gain us some success, and I'm not just talking about top 4 finish. Even though he's secured a new deal at Villa, Luis will probably still be sold for extortionate £40m, Ward-Prowse would be reliable. No doubt Wolves players Neves and Ait-Nouri would be considered given their current predicament but realistically it will be an overseas player that will come in. I'd still take a chance with Calvert-Lewin up front now he's coming back to fitness, we need a striker who we can cross the ball to. I'm talking squad players not first team starters.

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:22 am
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
New signings (LCB & Mid-field Holder) in January are a MUST if we are to get Top 4.
Yeah, that too mate...

Eddie the Feather, I mean nice lad and all that nonsense, but as a striker for Arsenal he is a waste of the £100k a week! (Fuckin' undred Wakadoo's for nowt!)

Palace offered £15m for him, we shoulda snapped their hand off at the time. As you say, nice lad etc but as a striker he's fucking useless.

Midz

Post by Midz »

We can see these things but are unable to do anything about them.

Our management ARE able to do something but they can't see it.

Strange how the world works innit!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Midz wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:27 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Yeah, that too mate...

Palace offered £15m for him, we shoulda snapped their hand off at the time. As you say, nice lad etc but as a striker he's fucking useless.
Sleeper even did a song about him

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... oZNj0KwDnw

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:24 pm
Midz wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:27 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Yeah, that too mate...

Sleeper even did a song about him

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... oZNj0KwDnw
:lol:

I'd give her One... :rubchin: I wonder if she's any good as a Striker!? :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sauce BBQ :rubchin: No! BBC:

Arsenal are willing to offer Belgium midfielder Albert Sambi Lokonga, 23, as part of a deal to sign Lazio's Serbia midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, 27. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

Meanwhile, Arsenal will back manager Mikel Arteta with £50m in the January transfer window in order to help their title bid.

Arsenal have opened talks with technical director Edu over a new contract amid growing interest from European clubs.

Midz

Post by Midz »

£50m might not be enough for a 'dynamic' midfielder and a winger.

I know, it sounds ridiculous doesn't it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Maybe if they ARE looking to off-load Lakonga, that could be part of a deal and so save some money etc

BBC:

Arsenal are planning a January transfer spree and are hoping to bring in Brazilian midfielder Danilo, 21, from Palmeiras for £26m, along with 21-year-old Shakhtar Donetsk and Ukraine winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, and 21-year-old Villarreal and Spain winger Yeremy Pino.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Mikel Arteta will be given a budget of £50m in January and has identified three potential targets:

🇺🇦 Mykhaylo Mudryk (Shakhtar Donetsk)
🇧🇷 Danilo (Palmeiras)
🇪🇸 Yeremy Pino (Villarreal)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

They'll all the playing for Newcastle

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I know we all like a new signing or four but how about calling back a few we currently have out on loan now who are excelling Patino, Tavares and Biereth spring to mind, along with a a couple of new signings if the budget is £50m.

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:48 am
🚨 Mikel Arteta will be given a budget of £50m in January and has identified three potential targets:

🇺🇦 Mykhaylo Mudryk (Shakhtar Donetsk)
🇧🇷 Danilo (Palmeiras)
🇪🇸 Yeremy Pino (Villarreal)
Shakhtar are now valueing him at £85m
Palmeiras want £26m
I don't know how much Villareal want for Pino but I just don't see how we can achieve this with £50m.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

They're trying to off-load Lakonga as part of one of the deals....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

"Reportedly" :roll:

Arsenal reportedly sent scouts to watch Palmeiras and Brazil midfielder Danilo last week, with the Gunners interested in bringing the 21-year-old in in January.

Arsenal are also reportedly in talks with Uruguay winger Facundo Torres, 22, from Orlando City.