ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @pbsportswriter, #Arsenal will offer a fringe first team player or a youth player in part-exchange for Sporting Lisbon wonderkid Joelson Fernandes to bring down his £40m asking price. https://t.co/qsUVpHpEqy

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just for old times sake...........

Partey isn't coming, Coutinho isn't coming, Willian isn't coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Some fucktard from Ligue 1 might be coming

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:48 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:52 am
Fulham 'consider £12m move for Arsenal defender Calum Chambers' https://t.co/JygbiPAx7f

I have always liked chambers and wanted him to stay and do well for us, but I do wonder if the shipped has sailed for him and that he missed his chance at AFC. There have always been concerns about his pace (since the senile french cock hung him out to dry at swansea a few years back :roll: ), but he reads the game fairly well which sometimes can compensate for that, and he is good in the tackle. There is also a train of thought that suggests that he is better suited to a CDM role, but I doubt anyone gets into that role ahead of xhaka as long as arteta is in charge :roll:

If he goes then I wish him luck
^^
This, and ask yourself if he's any worse than Luiz, Mustafi or Kolasinac. This lad most certainly isn't the worst of our defenders, and proved he can play CDM at Fulham before. Clearly if Arteta doesn't value him at all then get what we can, but there is a whole heap of shite ahead of him that I would flush out including that Swiss dollop

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:09 pm
Just for old times sake...........

Partey isn't coming, Coutinho isn't coming, Willian isn't coming

Some fucktard from Ligue 1 might be coming

We can but hope, but sadly I think he is coming :cry: :cry:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Nice to see the new transfer 'team's is just as slow, doddering and money 'conscious' (tight fisted) as the old one, I know things are tight but why is it when other clubs are closing deals and signing players we are always quibbling over the small change :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm
Nice to see the new transfer 'team's is just as slow, doddering and money 'conscious' (tight fisted) as the old one, I know things are tight but why is it when other clubs are closing deals and signing players we are always quibbling over the small change :roll:
There’s a few transfers already done I would imagine (Willian for sure) but the club are waiting for the dust to settle around the job cuts furore before making them public so the PR of announcing mega money deals in the wake of redundancies doesn’t blow a shit storm back in their faces.

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Probably a "need to sell to buy" policy - last weekend it was reported that we need to offload the armenian pussy before we sign our latest chav reject, so if we havent got the money to complete a free transfer signing, it doesnt bode well for rest of our transfer season :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We blew our wad on the wrong player last summer, shoulda spent the cash on Upamecano when we were heavily linked with him instead of pissing it all away on Pepe.

The guy is a phenom, like a hybrid of Sol and Kolo. Too late now mind, he’ll be gobbled up by one of the big boys this summer.

Side Show and Mustafi it is.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:32 pm
We blew our wad on the wrong player last summer, shoulda spent the cash on Upamecano when we were heavily linked with him instead of pissing it all away on Pepe.

The guy is a phenom, like a hybrid of Sol and Kolo. Too late now mind, he’ll be gobbled up by one of the big boys this summer.

Have to say that prior to tonight I wasnt sure about the guy, but tonight he was outstanding and gave an exhibition in defending.

In other news, Partey was an unused sub tonight :rubchin: :o

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:32 pm

Thinking exactly the same thing..PSG , City etc will be on him now.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:08 pm

Haha yeah I noticed that. The bloke the media have linked us with all year as the answer to our midfield was an unused sub in a champions league quarter final :lol:

On the positive side, I suppose if we’re dead set on signing him, it’s probably easier if he’s not highly rated by Atlético.

In other news, I noticed Leipzig were only formed in 2009 in the 5th division of Germany :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Stories today saying William will be getting paid 35 million over 3 years.

Ffs does Chelsea offer the 'Arsenal Retirement Package' as an incentive for new signings

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:28 am
augie wrote:

Haha yeah I noticed that. The bloke the media have linked us with all year as the answer to our midfield was an unused sub in a champions league quarter final :lol:

On the positive side, I suppose if we’re dead set on signing him, it’s probably easier if he’s not highly rated by Atlético.

In other news, I noticed Leipzig were only formed in 2009 in the 5th division of Germany :lol:

Hated in germany for their "artificial investment" (like we see at citeeh, the chavs and blackburn many moons ago), and away fans in germany refuse to go to their stadium by all accounts :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:03 am
Stories today saying William will be getting paid 35 million over 3 years.

Ffs does Chelsea offer the 'Arsenal Retirement Package' as an incentive for new signings

It really is impossible to defend offering a 32 year old player a contract of that magnitude - it is the first deal when I have really questioned how much power kia has in our transfer policy, and how much edu and raul are in his pocket. For them this is the advantage of having a clueless yank as their boss - for all he knows agents pushing their players into clubs on inflated wages is the way it is done over here (it is at AFC :roll: :oops: :evil: :evil: )

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:28 am
augie wrote:

I remember a team called Locomotive Leipzig In the 70s..Arsenal played them in the UEFA Cup and win 7-1 on aggregate..Locomotive Leipzig's goal was an og by Frank Stapleton.