ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:37 am
You reap what you sow

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22527011 ... -transfer/

I said two years ago the vibes saliba was getting from the manager was that he wasnt wanted - last summer we should have been signing him to a new deal, but having been fcuked out on loan again the previous summer there was no way he would sign a new deal without seeing where he stood in plans going forward. Now 12 months later it turns out that he is our most important defender (quelle surprise :roll: ) and he wants his wages to reflect that, and we are offering to put him on a par with the player arteta signed to fill his position (ben white) :roll: We have zero power now that he has 12 months left on his current deal :cry: :cussing: :cussing:
The Sun, augie... to insider football knowledge as Rishi Sunak is to charisma.... :roll: :lol: :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

This preseason transfer window will show just how serous this club is to kick on

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:36 pm
This preseason transfer window will show just how serous this club is to kick on
Absolutely. If we don't sign at least 3 or 4 top class players we will be scrapping it out around 4th to 6th I reckon.

augie

Post by augie »

I remember some gobshites were on here last summer suggesting that we buy tammy abraham cos he is now top quality striker - is that the same tammy abraham who has scored TWO GOALS in his last 24 appearances ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 4:40 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Absolutely. If we don't sign at least 3 or 4 top class players we will be scrapping it out around 4th to 6th I reckon.
The problem as I see it is that we are talking about signing somewhere in that region but also letting a number of players go to raise funds. Now, there won't be a tear raised (other in pure joy) for the departure of our club footed friend, but it seems like Tierney and Balogun are destined to leave too. Pepe will no doubt be moved on, perhaps Lokonga, Tavares.....who knows?

So I come back to the same argument I chucked back at those celebrating our EL departure earlier this season. If we're already thin on numbers, how the hell is it going to help reducing it further or even maintaining the same numbers.

Tierney would be a good example. Zinchenko has proved a bit hit and miss and a questionable defender. So if we sell Tavares and Tierney, where does that leave us? Even the club footed c.unt has filled in there on occasion. We'll be back to Saka as reserve LB !

Up front too. By all means flog Balogun and do what exactly? Leave us with the non scoring Jesus, and Eddie.....with Martinelli as an emergency CF

The squad needs to add a net 4 to 5 quality players

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:19 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:01 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:30 am
🚨 || Arsenal are reportedly looking into taking João Cancelo on an initial loan deal [Via - @HRachoff].
There will be a swap deal with KT

Nah - Tierney will either join the geordies (glasgow less than an hour away), or he'll go to villa to play for a manager that he knows believes in him
less than hour?!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:53 am
I reckon we’ll pay him the money. Don’t see him leaving. His agents are serving him well to be fair.
Agreed

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 8:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 4:40 pm
robbo10 wrote:
The problem as I see it is that we are talking about signing somewhere in that region but also letting a number of players go to raise funds. Now, there won't be a tear raised (other in pure joy) for the departure of our club footed friend, but it seems like Tierney and Balogun are destined to leave too. Pepe will no doubt be moved on, perhaps Lokonga, Tavares.....who knows?

So I come back to the same argument I chucked back at those celebrating our EL departure earlier this season. If we're already thin on numbers, how the hell is it going to help reducing it further or even maintaining the same numbers.

Tierney would be a good example. Zinchenko has proved a bit hit and miss and a questionable defender. So if we sell Tavares and Tierney, where does that leave us? Even the club footed c.unt has filled in there on occasion. We'll be back to Saka as reserve LB !

Up front too. By all means flog Balogun and do what exactly? Leave us with the non scoring Jesus, and Eddie.....with Martinelli as an emergency CF

The squad needs to add a net 4 to 5 quality players
Sorry, yeah that's what I meant Steve. We need to add 4 or 5 top quality players to the squad we have, minus the couple of obvious must-goes like Lobotomy Clive, Fake-Vieira and Pepe. And that's just outfield. I think we also really need to sign a good keeper to push the arrogance and hubris out of Ramsdale. I like Ramsdale and rate him as a very good keeper with the potential to be a great keeper but equally I could see him go like Chesney. He needs to be made earn that number one jersey every game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:02 pm
I remember some gobshites were on here last summer suggesting that we buy tammy abraham cos he is now top quality striker - is that the same tammy abraham who has scored TWO GOALS in his last 24 appearances ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was bizarre. He has never demonstrated anything to suggest he even has the potential to be a top player, never mind actually played like one! File under Welbeck and Sturridge.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Bayern Munich are looking to HIJACK Bayer Leverkusen’s move for Granit Xhaka & have offered him a three-year deal, with the option of another year. Xhaka’s preferred destination remains Leverkusen, who have a five-year contract on the table & a coaching role after. [@www442ch]

Double bubble :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:55 am
Bayern Munich are looking to HIJACK Bayer Leverkusen’s move for Granit Xhaka & have offered him a three-year deal, with the option of another year. Xhaka’s preferred destination remains Leverkusen, who have a five-year contract on the table & a coaching role after. [@www442ch]

Let's all spare a thought for the poor folk of Leverkusen - 5 years and a coaching role must mean they've done some terrible things in a past life

In 6-7 years time they'll have some of best pointers and social media victims on the planet though, so it's not all bad

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:32 am
gooner265 wrote:

Let's all spare a thought for the poor folk of Leverkusen - 5 years and a coaching role must mean they've done some terrible things in a past life

Are you Hoddle in disguise ?

Midz

Post by Midz »

gooner265 wrote:

Who gives a fuck where he goes, just go. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:28 pm
gooner265 wrote:

Who gives a fuck where he goes, just go. :D
:barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Arsenal have made a significant breakthrough in talks with Reiss Nelson. 23yo has agreed in principle to a bumper new deal worth far more than his current £60k PW [Via - @SamiMokbel81_DM].