ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... ame-season

I’d have him at the Arsenal a heartbeat. I don’t care if he is37. He’s a winner and a bastard. Exactly what we need.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:22 pm

I’d have him at the Arsenal a heartbeat. I don’t care if he is37. He’s a winner and a bastard. Exactly what we need.
I concur wholeheartedly 8) The seethe from the *dippers would be worth the wages alone 8)

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

No, no, no! Absolute scumbag who’ll spend the whole season missing most games through injury or suspension. You have to draw the line somewhere.
No thanks.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:34 pm
🚨 || Arsenal have made a significant breakthrough in talks with Reiss Nelson. 23yo has agreed in principle to a bumper new deal worth far more than his current £60k PW [Via - @SamiMokbel81_DM].
I said we should keep him but not on those sorts of wages.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I agree BP, it's another Eddie situation, not good enough but we now pay him so much no-one will buy him. Crazy giving Reiss big money :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Sadly £60k a,week is lowish by PL standards, Eddie worries me more if he's on the reported £100k.

I get that we want a fee rather than them leaving for nothing but there is a risk of getting stuck with them on high ish wages, difficult balance.

Also in order to not get stuck with them they'll needs minutes, are either good enough to get them in a title challenging side?, I don't think so

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:28 am
Sadly £60k a,week is lowish by PL standards, Eddie worries me more if he's on the reported £100k.

I get that we want a fee rather than them leaving for nothing but there is a risk of getting stuck with them on high ish wages, difficult balance.

Also in order to not get stuck with them they'll needs minutes, are either good enough to get them in a title challenging side?, I don't think so
The link states the new deal is MORE than his CURRENT £60k a week :shock:

As you rightly state, Eddie on £100k, if true, sets the bar for bit part squad players.
No wonder the kids instantly want huge money 💰 to sign a professional deal.

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:11 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:28 am

The link states the new deal is MORE than his CURRENT £60k a week :shock:

As you rightly state, Eddie on £100k, if true, sets the bar for bit part squad players.
No wonder the kids instantly want huge money 💰 to sign a professional deal.

And no wonder saliba is laughing at their 120k per week offer - how the fcuk can they offer saliba only 20k per week more than nketieh ??? :oops: :oops:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Just seen Harry Maguire house hunting around the village. :?

augie

Post by augie »

goonertux wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:39 pm

No, no, no! Absolute scumbag who’ll spend the whole season missing most games through injury or suspension. You have to draw the line somewhere.
No thanks.

It's not only that, but a player that age needs to play regularly or will quickly lose his sharpness, and for me he doesnt start ahead of saliba or gabriel so having him as a back up wouldnt work imo

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Saliba going will be another massive mistake. The lad was loaned out one season too many and this contract would have long since been sorted if it wasn't for that

If he goes we might as well forget any notion of being competitive given the mother of all collapse when he was out

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:02 pm
Saliba going will be another massive mistake. The lad was loaned out one season too many and this contract would have long since been sorted if it wasn't for that

If he goes we might as well forget any notion of being competitive given the mother of all collapse when he was out

My feelings exactly - loaning him out for that 3rd season (when he was after having an outstanding season in france in the previous season) and signing ben white to play centre back (and thats the position he was bought for), sent a strong negative message to saliba

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

It's on Arteta if Saliba leaves, we need to get the contract signed, if Saka is on £200-300k then Saliba will have to be not far behind, stupid money, but someone else will pay it if we don't and then we'll have to spend £50m+ to replace him and they'll be in 150k+.

On another note I do wonder about Rice now, if as expected we're on a limited budget then could Caicedo and Gundogan make more sense?, Wham are going to want ridiculous money for him.

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:39 am
It's on Arteta if Saliba leaves, we need to get the contract signed, if Saka is on £200-300k then Saliba will have to be not far behind, stupid money, but someone else will pay it if we don't and then we'll have to spend £50m+ to replace him and they'll be in 150k+.

On another note I do wonder about Rice now, if as expected we're on a limited budget then could Caicedo and Gundogan make more sense?, Wham are going to want ridiculous money for him.

Our local club committee met up last night for a few end of season drinks and in the course of the night we discussed a lot of football transfer rumours, one of which is rice - there are victims fans, manure fans, 1 chavski fan, and 2 of us Gooners on the committee, and not one of those present valued rice above 60m, and a couple argued that he would be a squad player at a big club. I fear that IF we do sign him, we will have had our pants pulled down badly on the price

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:36 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:02 pm

My feelings exactly - loaning him out for that 3rd season (when he was after having an outstanding season in france in the previous season) and signing ben white to play centre back (and thats the position he was bought for), sent a strong negative message to saliba
A message that you're not yet ready to be ahead of Rob Holding! Remember we sat back and watched last season's pitiful collapse with White playing on one leg, the permacrock RB being absolutely shite and Hairband Holding getting himself sent off and generally being shite. Well apparently the lad picking up Player of the Season in France with Marseille wasn't deemed worthy of getting ahead of any of them......because you know he errr.....didn't sign him! Imagine paying 50m for Ben White and £17m for the permacrock RB and letting Saliba leave!

The clown who signed Saliba and Martinelli proved to be a right waste of space didn't he - what was he doing blooding Saka in those EL games and getting him the experience of the big stage too. What a goon eh!