ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:36 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:21 am
augie wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:19 am
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:07 am
No doubt that'll bite us on the arse with injuries and suspension in the midfield before the next window. Still, we did get a couple of golden signings in and got rid of squad members that were simply not performing, or wanted to go. Tielemans no doubt holding out for a free transfer to boost his pay.
Overall, that was a great window of business for the club as undoubtedly the players brought in have massively improved the squad.

Stop with that bu!!shit - every media report in the past couple of months has said that we had agreed personal terms with his agent but had yet to make an offer to leicester, but you want to defend the club by making out that Tielemens is greedy :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: That is embarassing :roll:
Who said anything about Tielemans being greedy? I read on a few sources that he's happy where he is and wants to get the best deal for his next move. He rejected moves to Liverpool, Newcastle, Manure and Arsenal that I heard of.
It's like people forget on this forum that there other circumstances why players move/ don't move, it's not just down to Edu and Arteta. Douglas Luiz wants to move, club won't let him. Tielemans could've moved with a transfer fee or wait out 4 months and then negotiate a new deal for himself, Melo chose Liverpool out of 3 clubs, no doubt one was us.
People throwing tantrums like 4 year olds in a supermarket because Edu didn't buy the player they wanted. Get a grip.
Defective nonsense as ever 89! You don't put all your eggs in one basket the club should have a number of targets especially as villa were adamant they were not selling. Its the competent way to do things not take all day to increase the offer on 1 player in small increments. WTF it take till late afternoon to lodge 2nd bid then late evening till 3rd bid. Crazy. You have a price range preplanned or do you think they were running back discussing the 2m increase for hours each time??!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:58 pm

Dont tell me No 1 is goalkeeper :wink:

Defensive midfielder was always and still is a priority thats a given.....
Yes, 1 is goalkeeper… how did you crack the code?! :shock:

I agree a defensive midfielder is a priority, but a week
ago I really don’t think a Partey upgrade was THE priority. Most quite understandably wanted a Xhaka upgrade but fair enough if I’m wrong, I guess some probably did want a Partey upgrade above all else.

I’m hoping Zinchenko can play the role but I’m not convinced. He doesn’t seem a spine player to me :rubchin:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:27 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:58 pm

Dont tell me No 1 is goalkeeper :wink:

Defensive midfielder was always and still is a priority thats a given.....
Yes, 1 is goalkeeper… how did you crack the code?! :shock:

I agree a defensive midfielder is a priority, but a week
ago I really don’t think a Partey upgrade was THE priority. Most quite understandably wanted a Xhaka upgrade but fair enough if I’m wrong, I guess some probably did want a Partey upgrade above all else.

I’m hoping Zinchenko can play the role but I’m not convinced. He doesn’t seem a spine player to me :rubchin:

If you can be bothered to read this transfer thread back (I'd suggest that it's much easier to take my word for it), then it's clear that no end of us were crying out for a centre midfielder. Frankly, it wasn't a case of replacing Partey or Xhaka (as far as I'm concerned I'd replace both, but we know that Xhaka is like the fucking ravens in the Tower!), it was a case of getting a top quality centre mid that can offer a bit of everything, although defensive cover is the priority, given the chronic imbalance in our squad. Plenty on here have been calling for it all summer.

Early days for Zinchenko, but even deployed in midfield he doesn't have the appearance of the powerful and dominant figure that we're missing. Neat, tidy and skillful, but no colossus.

It was only yesterday that the Douglas Luiz approach reared his head, but I rate the guy and he'd have been a good acquisition imo. He can play, but he also breaks stuff up and can be a nasty bastard, which is something we've lacked for years. Still, it might have been a good idea to go after him a couple of months ago, rather than an impossible last day hopeless effort.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Its the owner penny pinching again, people say we've spent a lot, firstly the loans will be repayable, this is no Abramovich or etihad funding, secondly look at the new Chavs regime, they've spend more this summer than we have in the last 2 years!.

In the end there is no point getting too angry though, we know how these cvnts operate, Josh is no better than wiggly really.

Regardless of who we sign top 4 is minimum whether they choose to make this more difficult for the club or not, they will be judged accordingly in May!. Where we go if that doesn't happen I don't know, as these cvnts won't put much more cash in.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:59 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:36 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:21 am
augie wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:19 am
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:07 am
No doubt that'll bite us on the arse with injuries and suspension in the midfield before the next window. Still, we did get a couple of golden signings in and got rid of squad members that were simply not performing, or wanted to go. Tielemans no doubt holding out for a free transfer to boost his pay.
Overall, that was a great window of business for the club as undoubtedly the players brought in have massively improved the squad.

Stop with that bu!!shit - every media report in the past couple of months has said that we had agreed personal terms with his agent but had yet to make an offer to leicester, but you want to defend the club by making out that Tielemens is greedy :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: That is embarassing :roll:
Who said anything about Tielemans being greedy? I read on a few sources that he's happy where he is and wants to get the best deal for his next move. He rejected moves to Liverpool, Newcastle, Manure and Arsenal that I heard of.
It's like people forget on this forum that there other circumstances why players move/ don't move, it's not just down to Edu and Arteta. Douglas Luiz wants to move, club won't let him. Tielemans could've moved with a transfer fee or wait out 4 months and then negotiate a new deal for himself, Melo chose Liverpool out of 3 clubs, no doubt one was us.
People throwing tantrums like 4 year olds in a supermarket because Edu didn't buy the player they wanted. Get a grip.
Defective nonsense as ever 89! You don't put all your eggs in one basket the club should have a number of targets especially as villa were adamant they were not selling. Its the competent way to do things not take all day to increase the offer on 1 player in small increments. WTF it take till late afternoon to lodge 2nd bid then late evening till 3rd bid. Crazy. You have a price range preplanned or do you think they were running back discussing the 2m increase for hours each time??!
Red think you messed up the quoting?!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

We have to consider that it wasn't the fees that we were offering , more likely the timing. To get a deal you have to provide a solution that is good for all sides and leaving things until the last day gave Villa no wiggle room .
They bought Dendonker as back up , had they let Luiz go they would have been back to square one apart from having a lesser player.
If we wanted Luiz we should have been bidding for him at least 2 weeks before to give Villa the chance to keep their squad.
Going last minute meant that to persuade them we would have had to offer way over the odds however if we really want him and the player really wants us , then we need to tie the deal up for january now.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:37 pm
We have to consider that it wasn't the fees that we were offering , more likely the timing. To get a deal you have to provide a solution that is good for all sides and leaving things until the last day gave Villa no wiggle room .
They bought Dendonker as back up , had they let Luiz go they would have been back to square one apart from having a lesser player.
If we wanted Luiz we should have been bidding for him at least 2 weeks before to give Villa the chance to keep their squad.
Going last minute meant that to persuade them we would have had to offer way over the odds however if we really want him and the player really wants us , then we need to tie the deal up for january now.
It was only Elneny getting an injury that made Arsenal make a last day bid for Luiz. No other reason.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

We can still sign Ross Barkley can’t we? :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:37 pm
Yeah agree with all that and it seems so blindingly obvious doesn't it? In fairness to Villa I think they made their stance clear and whilst it may end up backfiring in terms of a player eventually leaving for free, how many times have we done that (Alexis where we were offered £60m but insisted he stayed and ending up swapping him with fucking Mkhitaryan for christ sake), Ramsey and a few others. The issue like you say, is that if you give the other side no time to replace then you're likely going to end up empty handed. One can only hope now that paper ankles Partey and Zinchenko stay fit enough to rotate around clubfoot Clive, because Elneny is out for a good while, leaving just Sambi to play there. He was decent against Villa but 2 games per week for a long period of time isn't sustainable. I've heard this chat about Ben White playing there but should a top four challenger be really considering that so early in the season? Without going all Balotelli about it - why always us? When we get injuries, we really get them! If this was the Mickeys, the media would be crying in their coffee !

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

:censored: massive gap in midfield at old Trafford today.. already costing us being cheapskates.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:44 pm
:censored: massive gap in midfield at old Trafford today.. already costing us being cheapskates.
It's only going to get worse with EL games then league games 3 days later and the League Cup to come. On top of that an International break in the middle of this month so by October our squad could be a disaster.

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

sk-gtfo wrote:
I never thought i would stick up for Stan but in the last 18 months he has spent money on players and written off a lot of money to get rid of players.
He has backed Arteta...more than i would have.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The red herring on this thread is not not getting Luiz.

It is why we let AMN and Azeez go on the final day, leaving us with literally no defensive midfielders as back-up. Surely they could have done jobs in the Caraboa and the Europa? We’ve self-harmed ourselves again haven’t we?
Last edited by BobbyPires7 on Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:01 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
I never thought i would stick up for Stan but in the last 18 months he has spent money on players and written off a lot of money to get rid of players.
He has backed Arteta...more than i would have.
Agreed - the one thing this manager can never claim is that he wasn't backed by the board. Tearing up contracts of the likes of Ozil, Mustafi and Bellend, being the highest spenders last summer and close again this summer, and farming out the likes of Torreira, Guendouzi, Mari etc

He has had more backing even than Wenger after he spent 22 years at the club.

The days of blaming Kroenke are over. He is responsible for leading us down the slippery slope of the past decade but he has now backed his man to lead us out of it in a way none of us thought we would see. Vieira, Zinchenko, Jesus, White, Tomiyasu, Gabriel, Partey, Odegaard - that's more than previous managers could only have been dreaming about in terms of investment. Time to shine!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Still grinds my shit that edu & Arteta let a decent midfielder like Bissouma go to the scum for £15mill - He would have been a Huge upgrade on Clive. :?