ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:26 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:24 pm
goonersid wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:46 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:48 pm
Couldn't afford caicedo as we spunked all out money on the women's record signing...what a facking joke!!!
No Brighton refused to let him go!
Honestly the fucking negativity and utter bullshit on this thread today is embarrassing
Exactly, see some posters have come out of the wilderness just to moan because when we have been doing so well they've had fuck all to say.

Embarrassing really, unless their predictions of doom and gloom don't come to fruition they are not happy, they'd rather see us fail and say I told you so :roll: :lol:
I'm pretty sure the original post was a joke
Well that's irrelevant, my point still stands, we haven't seen two posters for an age but they've picked up on some negativity regarding the January transfer market

Seriously I actually feel pity for them, we are riding high and whether or not we go on to win anything can we just not fuckin enjoy it.

BTW we don't have the money to splurge on players like manure, chavs, shitty, that's just reality, we are massively over achieving imo.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:45 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:26 pm
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:24 pm
goonersid wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:46 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:48 pm
Couldn't afford caicedo as we spunked all out money on the women's record signing...what a facking joke!!!
No Brighton refused to let him go!
Honestly the fucking negativity and utter bullshit on this thread today is embarrassing
Exactly, see some posters have come out of the wilderness just to moan because when we have been doing so well they've had fuck all to say.

Embarrassing really, unless their predictions of doom and gloom don't come to fruition they are not happy, they'd rather see us fail and say I told you so :roll: :lol:
I'm pretty sure the original post was a joke
Well that's irrelevant, my point still stands, we haven't seen two posters for an age but they've picked up on some negativity regarding the January transfer market

Seriously I actually feel pity for them, we are riding high and whether or not we go on to win anything can we just not fuckin enjoy it.

BTW we don't have the money to splurge on players like manure, chavs, shitty, that's just reality, we are massively over achieving imo.
indeed it was a joke aired of frustration at the lateness of our cm dealings and the news of the womans team record signing.

i've been here plenty as per the match threads and am fully on board, saying how good it feels to be nervous for games again, how we were all wrong, and how well its going etc, so haven't come back having picked up on negativity on transfers, as i havent been MIA, and those that have they may have had reasons for that outside of the game which means they haven't been about for all we know.

regardless who its aimed at, still think people are well within their rights to gripe about aspects they don't think are being done so well as much as they should praise the good. i dont think enjoying how we are doing is mutually exclusive to be annoyed about not signing partey cover (or others gripes about clive, or ramsdale or whomever)!
this has always been a balanced realist forum, giving credit where deserved but not blindly thinking everything is perfect as some other foums are.

anyway we have signed trossard who definetley strengthens us, the pole who we hope does but is an unknown quantity as none of us have followed him, and jorginho who on paper should be better than elneny and sambi based on his experience and stats but in manys eyes isnt the solution if anything happens to partey, our most influential player.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So that’s 600 million the chavs have spent since last May yet they somehow haven’t broken any rules :roll:

I reckon Potter will be out the door before the end of the season, that place is an absolute shit show, what have they now a 35 or 36 man squad? He has no say in transfers and is not going to be able to keep harmony with those numbers. Auba hung around I see, he’ll trouser the cash and do fuck all until his contract expires and he’s one of many there that will do the same.

And another 8 and a half year contract, all good for them to laugh and say they’re circumventing the rules but if/when it all goes to shit with these players they’re stuck with them on massive wages until 2031. They will either have to give them massive pay outs or let them go for free if they bomb - and there’s been plenty huge transfer fee players that have bombed!

Imagine if we’d given Pepe an 8 year contract!

Hopefully the bat shit way they’ve gone about things since last summer creates massive disharmony there and becomes a noose around their fucking necks.

What they’ve done has made absolute wankers out of the FA and UEFA.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Apparently Benfica wanted the cash up front as they were worried about Chelsea imploding before they had been paid in full. A release clause has to be paid in full to be activated which is why it went on for days. Chelsea were prepared to pay over the release clause if in instalments. Benfica said, no we want it all upfront. God knows what was agreed in the end but clubs are wary of them as this could very easily unravel quite quickly.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:12 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:03 am
Because Willian and Luiz were rubbish, and they come from Chelsea, I guess that means Jorginho will also be rubbish. You know, because he will be coming from Chelsea too.

The brain waves on this forum are seismic.
I think it's the fact that it just feels like a step backwards to the days of trying to paper over cracks with casts offs from other clubs. For the first time in twenty years we have a club and support in harmony, who care about the players, who have developed a bond after years of shit like Luiz, Cech, Willian, Silvestre clogging up the wage bill, taking the piss and preventing any positive move forward as we could never shift them. I can understand that we might have been after other targets and for whatever reason, couldn't get them done but really, is Jorginho the best we can come up with right now? If we were prepared to spend 75m on a player 12 hours ago, why do we want one for 12m from that cesspit of a club? This isn't title winning mentality.

Of course its papering over the cracks. We wanted Caicedo but Brighton dug in, other than him, what other comparable midfielder was available and pushing to exit his club? Other clubs also have hopes and aspirations and if they dig and refuse to sell, we cant do anything about it. we went to 70m for Caicedo but Brighton dug in.

Instead we get Jorginho who will paper over the cracks in midfield. Will anyone argue he isnt better than Elneny and Lokonga? Its a depth upgrade and a cheap insurance policy on Partey's fitness. Whats wrong with papering over the cracks, as opposed to leaving them uncovered?

This signing would never have been made in the summer window. But in January were options are more narrow, its a fair move made by Arteta and Edu.

If Arteta can get a different tune out of him closer to his Chelsea form from a few years ago, I wont give a shit about his Chelsea connections or the connotations of signing players Chelsea are apparently through with. What will it matter if this signing acts as a bridge to the title?

I get the feeling some would rather have kept Lokonga than sign Jorginho. Which is a mental take.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:19 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:05 pm
Mikel Arteta on signing Jorginho:

"Jorginho is a midfield player with intelligence, deep leadership skills and a huge amount of Premier League and international experience. Jorginho has won in his career, but he still has the hunger and huge willingness to contribute here."
https://youtube.com/watch?v=uBT8uQDcXaU&feature=share

Video of his game v us from 2 years ago I think ?

Looks like he could be useful in drawing teams out of their block, retaining possession and letting those with the ability to take players in and create something. Odegaard / Saka / Trossard / Martinelli
yes Arteta has always rated him highly...none of the previous dross from the chavs have shown any hunger....lets hope this guys different

Lets hope Partey dont get injured

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It’s only a couple of seasons ago that they spunked 100 million quid up against the wall on Lukaku who was a total flop and it’s had zero impact on their ability to spend.

Did I read somewhere that daddy Roman wiped the debt before he left? If so how was that allowed to happen?

600 million spent in 7 months and they’ve totally destroyed the transfer market in the process (along with the money united fucked away on Antony).

Buying a player with potential now costs a minimum of 80-90 million thanks to both those c.unt clubs.

The Caicedo price tag is testament to that, they’ve distorted the whole market, fuck knows where it all ends :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:20 am
So that’s 600 million the chavs have spent since last May yet they somehow haven’t broken any rules :roll:

I reckon Potter will be out the door before the end of the season, that place is an absolute shit show, what have they now a 35 or 36 man squad? He has no say in transfers and is not going to be able to keep harmony with those numbers. Auba hung around I see, he’ll trouser the cash and do fuck all until his contract expires and he’s one of many there that will do the same.

And another 8 and a half year contract, all good for them to laugh and say they’re circumventing the rules but if/when it all goes to shit with these players they’re stuck with them on massive wages until 2031. They will either have to give them massive pay outs or let them go for free if they bomb - and there’s been plenty huge transfer fee players that have bombed!

Imagine if we’d given Pepe an 8 year contract!

Hopefully the bat shit way they’ve gone about things since last summer creates massive disharmony there and becomes a noose around their fucking necks.

What they’ve done has made absolute wankers out of the FA and UEFA.

Was reading an article this morning about how FFP works ....... christ what a shitfest that is :roll: If the chavs bought a player for £150m over 10 years then that only has a 15m effect per season on their calculations - that is all well and good until you then read that if they sell one of their players for 50m over 5 seasons, they are able to claim the full transfer fee off their accounts when calculating FFP. How THE FCUK CAN THAT WORK ? :evil:

I said all along that if ever there was a system set up for abuse and piss taking then FFP is it, and the chavs ignored it all through the dodgy russians reign (how else did he end up owed over £2bn by club ?), and now they are taking piss again

Block93

Post by Block93 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:13 am
It’s only a couple of seasons ago that they spunked 100 million quid up against the wall on Lukaku who was a total flop and it’s had zero impact on their ability to spend.

Did I read somewhere that daddy Roman wiped the debt before he left? If so how was that allowed to happen?

600 million spent in 7 months and they’ve totally destroyed the transfer market in the process (along with the money united fucked away on Antony).

Buying a player with potential now costs a minimum of 80-90 million thanks to both those c.unt clubs.

The Caicedo price tag is testament to that, they’ve distorted the whole market, fuck knows where it all ends :roll:
I am old enough to remember when Trevor Francis was signed by Clough for £1m in 1979 and everyone said then that the transfer market had gone completely mad....!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Block93 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:00 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:13 am

I am old enough to remember when Trevor Francis was signed by Clough for £1m in 1979 and everyone said then that the transfer market had gone completely mad....!
Me Too! I remember the Media Frenzy and one of the journo's asked Francis "When will you play?" and Cloughie stepped in and said "When I pick Him"

The whole room went quiet! 8) :lol:

As to how was Abramovich able to wipe their debts clean before he disappeared (on his second yacht - a £187million worth of luxury - the cunnt).. It is called Financial Politics Rodders me ole mucker, the government did everything they could to ensure the chavs didn't go under and part of that (secret handshake) deal was that if the Russian Gangster paid off the debts, all of his other (cough cough ) Financial Interests in the UK (and Europe) would be given time to 'sort themselves out'. :wink: :wink:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

What does seem to have gone unnoticed is Gabi signing a new 4 and half year deal. Whatever your feeling in January and I really wanted Mudryk we have adapted quickly and got in some decent cover. Our mosst important signings will be our three youngsters , one down two to go.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I'm all for the way the club has being doing its business over the last few years and I've been a long time advocate of the Dortmund 2.0 model of building a team of young, hungry, talented footballers which is what we have being doing through a combination of promoting from within the academy and making smart purchases in the transfer market.

Using that sort of strategy to build a successful team/squad takes time and a lot of hard work, the planning has to be meticulous are there is very little room for fuck ups.

So to see some fucking idiot from that pimped up no mark club roll into town and splurge 600 million quid in 7 months, hoovering up every player in sight in a bid to shortcut their way to success leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth. The only hope is that having a 35 man squad of players on massive wages and incredibly long contracts coupled with a manager who has had zero input into any of the SEVENTEEN signings they've made since last May :roll: will be a complete clusterfuck.

Absolute joke.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:11 am
I'm all for the way the club has being doing its business over the last few years and I've been a long time advocate of the Dortmund 2.0 model of building a team of young, hungry, talented footballers which is what we have being doing through a combination of promoting from within the academy and making smart purchases in the transfer market.

Using that sort of strategy to build a successful team/squad takes time and a lot of hard work, the planning has to be meticulous are there is very little room for fuck ups.

So to see some fucking idiot from that pimped up no mark club roll into town and splurge 600 million quid in 7 months, hoovering up every player in sight in a bid to shortcut their way to success leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth. The only hope is that having a 35 man squad of players on massive wages and incredibly long contracts coupled with a manager who has had zero input into any of the SEVENTEEN signings they've made since last May :roll: will be a complete clusterfuck.

Absolute joke.
They attempted to loan out a couple of players - Hutchinson, who came through our youth system and joined them this summer and also Ziyech but apparently messed up…. :roll:

Loads of players purchased just for the sake of it, no game plan, Auba’s miserable face sat on the bench ( if he is lucky) Potter out at then end of the season.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:11 am

Absolute joke.
^^^THIS 1,000,00 %^^^

It only takes one of the new players to get uppity because they aren't being picked to play and that kind of dissatisfaction which leads to moaning and arguments spreads like wildfire, so I am looking forward to when their whole shithouse goes up in flames and deservedly so. ChavCUNTS.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah One Bard, (hopefully) you could easily see multiple Ozil type situations developing over there, players on massive money and long term contracts who just decide to phone it in creating massive disharmony in the squad and turning the dressing room absolutely toxic.....fingers crossed!