ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:54 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:39 pm
Righto

Bobby P, if I have gone overboard in my comments, marking you out as negative in a time when our team are top and playing some delightful football then I apologise.

I have NEVER criticised season ticket holders for their love, devotion, time and money spent watching our club - I am aware of just how much it takes in terms of time, money, sacrificing other things to attend - I was lucky enough to have a season ticket for 7 years and went home away and Europe under George and consider it the best footballing time of my life, even more so than under Wenger, despite them playing better football.

We have a team that is top, playing great football most weeks and we really could land the big one

Should we see this thing through 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️🏆 I will happily buy you a beer 🍺
Happy to move on. We’ve got a great chance and I bloody hope we do it. :barscarf:
Good man 👍🏻

:barscarf: :barscarf:

One of the defining factors in our charge this season has been the backing from the fans :barscarf: :barscarf: the unity that we have with the team.

We get enough clog from everyone else, media, pundits, other teams fans

Victory through Harmony

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:55 pm
Fuck it, I'm coming back from France if someone's getting the beers in!! :cheers:
I thought you'd blocked me?!

:lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If we win the League I reckon we have an Online Gooner meet up. It will be like The Greatest Showman. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:57 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:28 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:39 pm
Righto

Bobby P, if I have gone overboard in my comments, marking you out as negative in a time when our team are top and playing some delightful football then I apologise.

I have NEVER criticised season ticket holders for their love, devotion, time and money spent watching our club - I am aware of just how much it takes in terms of time, money, sacrificing other things to attend - I was lucky enough to have a season ticket for 7 years and went home away and Europe under George and consider it the best footballing time of my life, even more so than under Wenger, despite them playing better football.

We have a team that is top, playing great football most weeks and we really could land the big one

Should we see this thing through 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️🏆 I will happily buy you a beer 🍺

:lol: :lol:
Marginally passive aggressive in places Stuart old chap, but conciliatory overall. :) As I'm trying to be the mediator, will you buy me a beer too...and IW8 of course?
Beers all round 🍻
And Tequila Slammers Baby!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :bestmates:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 pm
Pretty tedious reading some of the shite on here over the years where season ticket holders were blamed for Arsenal’s problems. Apparently we were the problem and we had to give up our season tickets to get the Kroenkes out. :lol:

Changed your tune now haven’t you? :lol:

The hypocrisy and short memories on this board is an absolute fucking joke.

I’m not antagonising anyone. On the contrary, as a season ticket holder I have put up with loudmouths on here blaming me for our problems. The fans are the 12th man at home this season. Long may it continue.

And my advice remains the same. Leave the personal insults off this board. Got that Anders?
Whilst I'm glad you seem to have cleared up your beef with a few of the other members I have to comment on this post as it is simply not true mate. There was never more than a couple of posters on here that criticised or blamed the Kroenke regime on ST holders. Your post implies that the majority (or at least a sizeable number) of punters on here blamed the ST holders.

The vast majority of people on here took the attitude of live and let live and many actually defended ST holders' right to do as they pleased with their hard earned.

Anyway, it's not a major issue, but let's keep things in perspective. :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:58 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 pm
Pretty tedious reading some of the shite on here over the years where season ticket holders were blamed for Arsenal’s problems. Apparently we were the problem and we had to give up our season tickets to get the Kroenkes out. :lol:

Changed your tune now haven’t you? :lol:

The hypocrisy and short memories on this board is an absolute fucking joke.

I’m not antagonising anyone. On the contrary, as a season ticket holder I have put up with loudmouths on here blaming me for our problems. The fans are the 12th man at home this season. Long may it continue.

And my advice remains the same. Leave the personal insults off this board. Got that Anders?
Whilst I'm glad you seem to have cleared up your beef with a few of the other members I have to comment on this post as it is simply not true mate. There was never more than a couple of posters on here that criticised or blamed the Kroenke regime on ST holders. Your post implies that the majority (or at least a sizeable number) of punters on here blamed the ST holders.

The vast majority of people on here took the attitude of live and let live and many actually defended ST holders' right to do as they pleased with their hard earned.

Anyway, it's not a major issue, but let's keep things in perspective. :wink:
Fuck me. There’s IW8 and me trying to do our “peace process” bit and make it all happy clappy again and then you come in and light another blue touch paper.

Wtf is it with you Irish blokes and your liking for “da troubles”.

:D :wink:

Ps. I know IW8 is Irish, but he’s obviously the forum’s equivalent of John Hume.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Let’s just move on. :barscarf:

John F

Post by John F »

Fucking hell Stuart do you know how much a free drink with a slap-up meal for everyone on here is going to cost you in London. In Yorkshire where I live now, you can dine out on a pint of mild with a cup of batter for £1. It might be worth considering.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

John F wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:15 am
Fucking hell Stuart do you know how much a free drink with a slap-up meal for everyone on here is going to cost you in London. In Yorkshire where I live now, you can dine out on a pint of mild with a cup of batter for £1. It might be worth considering.

We see you John. We know you’re only trying to avoid the train fare to London.

:lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The round of drinks are going to be in that new pub called The Lidl at the top of Blackstock Road. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:18 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:49 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:11 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:06 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:55 pm

You’re a clown. Instead of having issues with posters and making it personal I would move on if I were you. Take my advice. Just move on. Trust me on this.
I’ve reposted some of your posts - showing you up to be a negative Nelly and completely wrong and having so little faith in your own team and you get the hump :oops:

To paraphrase Laura Woods enjoy the rest of your miserable existence.
You have no idea about anything to do with me. I’m pleased as punch about where we are but I’m realistic that there can only be one winner. As good as we are, it’s a perilous journey left over the last 10 games. If I wanted to think we had blown it a few games back then that’s up to me. Not sure why you are going after me. You’re in your mid fifties. What’s up with you? If you want to act like some sort of Saint of Arsenal good luck to you. But get to some games. Put your money into the club.
Most of the time I take what you say; whether Positive or Negative with a pinch of salt Bobby, but to say this is not only ill-informed and naive, but rather insulting to those of us who are trying very had to get a ticket for each game. I am only a Red Member but also have 5 mates who are season ticket holders and live in N5 and they are always keeping an ear/eye out for a ticket for me; besides I also do the usual log on when tickets go on general sale to red members and look on the Ticket Exchange 3 - 4 times a day (at least).

So, it is not for the lack of trying and when you say 'Put your money into the club' that is what I have been doing since 1972 (when I lived in London) is insulting as most of us on here (including Myself and Stuart) who want to attend a game are trying, willing and happy to do.
I have been offered tickets by 3 different tout sources at extortionate prices, if I buy those tickets am I Really putting my money into the club, or assisting, promoting and supporting the illegal sale of tickets by those taking advantage of peoples passion & love for their club & team?

You are in a privileged position and Good Luck To You! But that doesn't mean you can lord it over others, unless of course that is your thing to be very small minded?
It’s not really my problem that people can’t get to games. People on here question my commitment to Arsenal. I’m telling you I go to games through thick and thin. The accusers don’t do that. So they can jog on with their criticism until they show the same level of commitment. Clear enough?

Of course not, and I for one have not nor would I question your commitment to the club & team, BUT you do question the other posters on here when you say "Put your money into the club' - That is implying we don't, haven't or won't , chance would be a fine thing.

And so you have conveniently ignored the fact that when I raise the fact that you yourself in turn make derogatory & insulting comments, so let's hear your reply?

I'm all for letting it go, but not when someone is making erroneous statements and when called on it, pretending nothing has been said.

So explain your comments?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I think you need to stop putting words in my mouth. I’ve never said you haven’t put money into the club. My commitment to Arsenal has been questioned by people who don’t go to Arsenal games. I do go to games through thick and thin over many years. I’m not having it. Where have I insulted you? Just move on.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

By claiming that we don't or won't put money into the club, ie: That given the opportunity we (I) would not pay money and go to games.

If you cannot see how that is calling into question my or another's commitment to the club, then that shows one of two things or maybe both:

You're so arrogant you are unable to admit to having said something that is incorrect or you are simply as dumb s fuck?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:33 am
By claiming that we don't or won't put money into the club, ie: That given the opportunity we (I) would not pay money and go to games.

If you cannot see how that is calling into question my or another's commitment to the club, then that shows one of two things or maybe both:

You're so arrogant you are unable to admit to having said something that is incorrect or you are simply as dumb s fuck?
Didn’t say anything you’ve claimed I did there. Not dumb as fuck mate. Far from it. I live in the same village as half of the Arsenal squad.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:53 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:33 am

Didn’t say anything you’ve claimed I did there. Not dumb as fuck mate. Far from it. I live in the same village as half of the Arsenal squad.

Never heard anyone using that line as a vindication of their intelligence before :coffeespit: :coffeespit: