ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by TeeCee »

Alarms bells started ringing for me when I heard on signing that he got posted to us and delivered into the Arsenal postbox.
It was Sanogo who delivered it, he slipped over and missed the opening on the post box and Vieira fell behind the postbox and got trapped under a twig. It was only some time later when a strong wind blew him into the car park that they found him, they thought he'd been trapped for 2 months because he only weighed 5 stone but he said 'that's my normal weight'..........

John F

Post by John F »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:01 am
Alarms bells started ringing for me when I heard on signing that he got posted to us and delivered into the Arsenal postbox.
It was Sanogo who delivered it, he slipped over and missed the opening on the post box and Vieira fell behind the postbox and got trapped under a twig. It was only some time later when a strong wind blew him into the car park that they found him, they thought he'd been trapped for 2 months because he only weighed 5 stone but he said 'that's my normal weight'..........
:D It was Clive that found him while doing his pointing at empty bays job in the car park.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This could so easily be turned into a Sitcom:

And Channel 4 Presents:

The Pointing To Nowhere: Starring some useless cunnt who has an inane grin and steals a living for being inept. Someone who is part Twig part Snowflake, part cocktail stick with a habit of falling over at the slightest gust of win And a physically dyslexic postman who by some miracle was presented with an FA Cup Winners medal.

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:30 pm
This could so easily be turned into a Sitcom:

And Channel 4 Presents:

The Pointing To Nowhere: Starring some useless cunnt who has an inane grin and steals a living for being inept. Someone who is part Twig part Snowflake, part cocktail stick with a habit of falling over at the slightest gust of win And a physically dyslexic postman who by some miracle was presented with an FA Cup Winners medal.
Incredible probably the most inept player ever to pick up a medal for Arsenal. There was a youtube clip of Sanogoo that made him look like an amazing player and it is the reason why I never look up players we are interested in on youtube.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:22 pm
My prediction is that we sell the saleable assets (Saka, Tierney, ESR and Martinelli) and buy a load of overpriced tripe.
Prediction ? Or insider knowledge ?

:roll: :-P :oops:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:38 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
My prediction is that we sell the saleable assets (Saka, Tierney, ESR and Martinelli) and buy a load of overpriced tripe.

When’s this from? Is it from before you had your lobotomy and started becoming more optimistic? Stuart L Mark 1 was a pessimist. Mark 2 is Mr Optimism. Strange how your lost iPad changed your tune. :lol:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

If we're looking for a good, young striker, Evan Ferguson has to be in the conversation.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:59 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

When’s this from? Is it from before you had your lobotomy and started becoming more optimistic? Stuart L Mark 1 was a pessimist. Mark 2 is Mr Optimism. Strange how your lost iPad changed your tune. :lol:
To be fair since the lobotomy, I’ve not felt much of anything.

I have posted elsewhere, but will re-iterate here.

None of us could see this coming, a manager in his first job, out of his depth, with a team that performed when they chose to - being pessimistic was natural, expected, but if you cannot see the transition in the team, they way they are playing NOW, not last year, or the year before or under Wengers last bunker days then I have no idea what joy you get from going to games.

I was being a (little ) mischievous in pulling up some old posts of yours, I stopped myself from re-airing your views on Arteta as I felt it was unfair.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:28 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

None of us could see this coming, a manager in his first job, out of his depth, with a team that performed when they chose to - being pessimistic was natural, expected, but if you cannot see the transition in the team, they way they are playing NOW, not last year, or the year before or under Wengers last bunker days then I have no idea what joy you get from going to games.

I was being a (little ) mischievous in pulling up some old posts of yours, I stopped myself from re-airing your views on Arteta as I felt it was unfair.
You’re a clown. Instead of having issues with posters and making it personal I would move on if I were you. Take my advice. Just move on. Trust me on this.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:55 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

You’re a clown. Instead of having issues with posters and making it personal I would move on if I were you. Take my advice. Just move on. Trust me on this.
I’ve reposted some of your posts - showing you up to be a negative Nelly and completely wrong and having so little faith in your own team and you get the hump :oops:

To paraphrase Laura Woods enjoy the rest of your miserable existence.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:06 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

I’ve reposted some of your posts - showing you up to be a negative Nelly and completely wrong and having so little faith in your own team and you get the hump :oops:

You have no idea about anything to do with me. I’m pleased as punch about where we are but I’m realistic that there can only be one winner. As good as we are, it’s a perilous journey left over the last 10 games. If I wanted to think we had blown it a few games back then that’s up to me. Not sure why you are going after me. You’re in your mid fifties. What’s up with you? If you want to act like some sort of Saint of Arsenal good luck to you. But get to some games. Put your money into the club.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal have set their sights on Moises Caicedo & Kaoru Mitoma. Despite recently signing a new deal with Brighton, Caicedo remains a priority & it is understood they will submit another huge bid this summer, while they also share an interest in Mitoma. [@footyinsider247] #afc

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

David O’Leary was asked last night at a Q&A who the Club are looking to buy this Summer.

He mentioned a DM and specifically said the Club really like Rice. A right back is a priority apparently. He said how injury prone Tomiyasu is. He also said we want a winger as we were convinced Mudryk was coming. Mudryk was scouted personally by O’Leary. He said he went to Celtic and also watched him play for Ukraine. He said he will be a top top player. So it sounds like O’Leary is involved in player scouting now.

Nothing new but DM, Right Back and Winger will arrive this Summer according to a guy who is close to the Club.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:11 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

You have no idea about anything to do with me. I’m pleased as punch about where we are but I’m realistic that there can only be one winner. As good as we are, it’s a perilous journey left over the last 10 games. If I wanted to think we had blown it a few games back then that’s up to me. Not sure why you are going after me. You’re in your mid fifties. What’s up with you? If you want to act like some sort of Saint of Arsenal good luck to you. But get to some games. Put your money into the club.
Most of the time I take what you say; whether Positive or Negative with a pinch of salt Bobby, but to say this is not only ill-informed and naive, but rather insulting to those of us who are trying very had to get a ticket for each game. I am only a Red Member but also have 5 mates who are season ticket holders and live in N5 and they are always keeping an ear/eye out for a ticket for me; besides I also do the usual log on when tickets go on general sale to red members and look on the Ticket Exchange 3 - 4 times a day (at least).

So, it is not for the lack of trying and when you say 'Put your money into the club' that is what I have been doing since 1972 (when I lived in London) is insulting as most of us on here (including Myself and Stuart) who want to attend a game are trying, willing and happy to do.
I have been offered tickets by 3 different tout sources at extortionate prices, if I buy those tickets am I Really putting my money into the club, or assisting, promoting and supporting the illegal sale of tickets by those taking advantage of peoples passion & love for their club & team?

You are in a privileged position and Good Luck To You! But that doesn't mean you can lord it over others, unless of course that is your thing to be very small minded?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:49 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:11 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Most of the time I take what you say; whether Positive or Negative with a pinch of salt Bobby, but to say this is not only ill-informed and naive, but rather insulting to those of us who are trying very had to get a ticket for each game. I am only a Red Member but also have 5 mates who are season ticket holders and live in N5 and they are always keeping an ear/eye out for a ticket for me; besides I also do the usual log on when tickets go on general sale to red members and look on the Ticket Exchange 3 - 4 times a day (at least).

So, it is not for the lack of trying and when you say 'Put your money into the club' that is what I have been doing since 1972 (when I lived in London) is insulting as most of us on here (including Myself and Stuart) who want to attend a game are trying, willing and happy to do.
I have been offered tickets by 3 different tout sources at extortionate prices, if I buy those tickets am I Really putting my money into the club, or assisting, promoting and supporting the illegal sale of tickets by those taking advantage of peoples passion & love for their club & team?

You are in a privileged position and Good Luck To You! But that doesn't mean you can lord it over others, unless of course that is your thing to be very small minded?
It’s not really my problem that people can’t get to games. People on here question my commitment to Arsenal. I’m telling you I go to games through thick and thin. The accusers don’t do that. So they can jog on with their criticism until they show the same level of commitment. Clear enough?