ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:48 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:03 pm
All those complaining that we didn't go in for Arthur Melo on transfer deadline day, looks like we got away with one. Got substituted in the u-21 match for Jay Spearing.
That's a bizarre post Nos!! :lol: This time next year or next month he could be one of the best players in the world. I would not judge him on getting subbed. Even the great Dennis Bergkamp got subbed! :wink:

I wasn't one of them wanting him signed BTW. I'm a bit "meh" on him in general. :wink:
Hahaha potential best player in the world doesn't get subbed off playing in U-21 team that is losing. It tells me he's not cracked up what we think he is. Barely played for Juventus last season, goes from sitting on the bench for CL and PL games to starting and getting subbed off in the trophy competition for league 1 and 2. I'd understand if he was coming back from injury but he's fit enough to sit on the bench. Klopp doesn't usually operate like that. I'd say level of a slower, less fit Denison.
:shock:

Can there be such a thing?!! :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I dont remember too many claiming that we should have signed melo anyway :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sauce BBQ:

Arsenal have contacted Eintracht Frankfurt's Jesper Lindstrom, 22, over a £17m move for the Denmark attacking midfielder in January. (Bild - in German)

Arsenal could face competition from Brighton in their hopes of signing Ukraine winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, 21, from Shakhtar Donetsk in January. (Express)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:53 pm
As an aside, Jay Spearing sets a new level for ugly bastarditis. He looks like the offspring of Iain Dowie and Luke Chadwick. :shock:
He reminds me of Granny Shagger:

ie: Both Butt Fuck Ugly.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sauce BBC:

Arsenal could be set for a £101m double transfer swoop for Juventus' 22-year-old Serbia forward Dusan Vlahovic and 19-year-old Italian midfielder Fabio Miretti. (Sun)

The Gunners have also made contact with Eintracht Frankfurt about 22-year-old Denmark winger Jesper Lindstrom. (Mail)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:59 pm
Sauce BBC:

Arsenal could be set for a £101m double transfer swoop for Juventus' 22-year-old Serbia forward Dusan Vlahovic and 19-year-old Italian midfielder Fabio Miretti. (Sun)

The Gunners have also made contact with Eintracht Frankfurt about 22-year-old Denmark winger Jesper Lindstrom. (Mail)
Read that on the BBC page myself this morning

1 - why would Juve sell, when they have just bought him ?
2- He appears to,have settled in, scoring goals.
3 -he recently declined to come here, choosing Juve instead

What a load of balderdash I say

Lindstrom looks decent from his you tube reel, but then so did Pepe, :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:59 pm
Sauce BBC:

Read that on the BBC page myself this morning

1 - why would Juve sell, when they have just bought him ?
2- He appears to,have settled in, scoring goals.
3 -he recently declined to come here, choosing Juve instead

What a load of balderdash I say

Lindstrom looks decent from his you tube reel, but then so did Pepe, :lol: :lol:
Aaaah! "Balderdash" eh!? :D Good old skool term that mate... Now translates to Complete and Utter Bollox I think? :wink:

Oh! Fuck the last thing we need is another Pepe

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yeah another attacking midfielder is the missing piece of the puzzle................errrr, well we only have about 8 attacking midfielders so maybe it would be an idea to go for one of those....you know....defensive midfielder types, that can play 3 games without being injured?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! We could do with Gilberto; who was often over-looked, underrated and unappreciated. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC Sports:

Arsenal are still interested in signing 24-year-old Douglas Luiz from Aston Villa to replace the injured Ghana midfielder Thomas Partey, 29. Gunners boss Mikel Arteta failed to bring in Luiz in the summer but is set to make a third bid for the Brazil midfielder, after having two rejected on transfer deadline day.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Villa will say bollocks just to piss Arsenal off. They want to be us, but they are more Crystal Palace than Arsenal!!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Villa will want to sell him for £15m in January as he walks out for nothing in June. It's the manager who blocked the move because he doesn't like Arsenal. No other reason. He doesn't even start him. I've rated Luiz since his first season at Villa. Think him and Tielemans together in the midfield would give us a strong balance.
As for the juventus duo that's just scandalous tabloid journalism

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:02 am
Source BBC Sports:

Arsenal are still interested in signing 24-year-old Douglas Luiz from Aston Villa to replace the injured Ghana midfielder Thomas Partey, 29. Gunners boss Mikel Arteta failed to bring in Luiz in the summer but is set to make a third bid for the Brazil midfielder, after having two rejected on transfer deadline day.

I realise that this is only media talk, but there's never any notion of us buying a midfeilder to replace Xhaka is there? From what I've seen of Luiz, he would add a lot of what's missing to our side, but that ought to be as a replacement for the clubfooted one.

As we all know, while Xhaka remains in the side (and he's here for as long as Lego Head is), then any positive squad additions are still largely nullified. :(

Still, I'd take Luiz over Partey or Elneny (who I've never minded tbh), or any of our holding type centre mids.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:10 pm
Villa will say bollocks just to piss Arsenal off. They want to be us, but they are more Crystal Palace than Arsenal!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:51 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:02 am
Source BBC Sports:

I realise that this is only media talk, but there's never any notion of us buying a midfeilder to replace Xhaka is there? From what I've seen of Luiz, he would add a lot of what's missing to our side, but that ought to be as a replacement for the clubfooted one.

As we all know, while Xhaka remains in the side (and he's here for as long as Lego Head is), then any positive squad additions are still largely nullified. :(

Still, I'd take Luiz over Partey or Elneny (who I've never minded tbh), or any of our holding type centre mids.
Verrily Tis True! :?