ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

NickF98 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:52 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:41 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:27 pm

In my opinion, anything less than 15 is a poor return and we ought to be expecting 20, but I reckon he'll end up with about 12 league goals tops.
His goals per game ratio is 2.2 so he really should get 15 , he'll add assists as well but think Arteta wants goals from all the forwards , he wont play a rigid system up front.
Don't know what you two guys are on, but I don't see Jesus getting anywhere near 15 league goals for us. That would be more than he ever got at City with much better around him.

Do you really think City would let him go if he was capable of that many league goals?
He got 14 in 19/20 and 13 in 17/18 time will tell.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Arsenal have had a second bid of £38m for Argentina defender Lisandro Martinez rejected by Ajax. The Dutch club want £43m for the 24-year-old, who Manchester United are expected to push to sign this weekend. (Mail)

:roll:

Why the fuck don't they just pay the money? If they are serious about signing Martinez then simply pay the fucking money you utter-wankers :twisted: Especially with manure making moves to sign him FFS...What is it with Arsenal and their pathetic attempts to try and make signings, but making nowhere near the asking price!?

#EduOut #ArtetaOut

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:33 am

Why the fuck don't they just pay the money? If they are serious about signing Martinez then simply pay the fucking money you utter-wankers :twisted: Especially with manure making moves to sign him FFS...What is it with Arsenal and their pathetic attempts to try and make signings, but making nowhere near the asking price!?

#EduOut #ArtetaOut
Depends if the asking price is reasonable though?

If you always cave in, won’t negotiate, and always meet the asking price then all clubs and agents will take the piss in future (I’m think giving £72m For Pepe and obscene salaries to Ozil and Auba :x )

At £43m, Martinez should be amazing but spending all that on a 5’7” left sided defender to compete with Gabriel and Tierney seems an awful lot to me. Never seen him play though.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

He's 5ft 9 :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are now openly seeking suitors for club-record signing Nicolas Pepe.

Given valuation/wages, a loan move away from the club is the most likely outcome. Aware that Spain is a possible destination.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:40 am

Given valuation/wages, a loan move away from the club is the most likely outcome. Aware that Spain is a possible destination.
Good luck with that :suicide:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:39 am
He's 5ft 9 :barscarf:
He’s growing! :barscarf: he was 5’7” when I posted :lol:

shu

Post by shu »

I think he will be good for 19 goals , based on the fact there will be so many chances created , like ffs look how many Laca missed and Eddie too. Got to be a hat rick or two against one or two weak teams .

But then i am being positive here !!!!!

Out of interest who should we be signing , who would everyone be happy with ? i remember last season some were for Tammy and some not , even now one here says he is no good as he is playing in a rubbish league. As for having a 6ft 4 striker well thats never happening with Arteta .

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Just drop him off anywhere in Spain. Doesn't have to be a football club, just by the side of the road will do.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:00 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Just drop him off anywhere in Spain. Doesn't have to be a football club, just by the side of the road will do.
:D :D :D

augie

Post by augie »

shu wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:55 am
I think he will be good for 19 goals , based on the fact there will be so many chances created , like ffs look how many Laca missed and Eddie too. Got to be a hat rick or two against one or two weak teams .

But then i am being positive here !!!!!

Out of interest who should we be signing , who would everyone be happy with ? i remember last season some were for Tammy and some not , even now one here says he is no good as he is playing in a rubbish league. As for having a 6ft 4 striker well thats never happening with Arteta .

Was absolutely anonymous in the uefa mickey mouse conference final against the 3rd best team in holland :roll: :oops:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

even any zoo missing a wide eyed sloth or slow ponderous koala will do for Pepe, failing that any movie studio looking to shoot scenes were being caught in headlights is the theme should benefit from Pepe's extensive experience. One dimensional he may be, but what he does he does extremely well!!

Midz

Post by Midz »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:18 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Good luck with that :suicide:
Yeah, good luck and we'll end up paying most of his wages too. the useless prick!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Aware that Spain is a possible destination
Fucking La La Land is where the gormless muppet usually resides!!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Remind me again which fucking idiot sanctioned paying £72m for this loser.