ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SydneyGooner »

To get things rolling in our very first post Wenger transfer window apparently we've signed Çağlar Söyüncü a 21 year old Turkish model that moonlights as a centre-back from SC Freiburg.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 30546.html
Freiburg defender Çağlar Söyüncü will join Arsenal, according to Altınordu chairman Seyit Mehmet Özkan: "Arsenal demanded his youth information from us. We'll earn from him if he joins Arsenal. Bayern Munich wants him too but he's on the way to the Premier League."

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: 2018 Summer Transfer Window

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Never heard of him, personally. If it's true I hope this is one of Mislintat's gems! :barscarf:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Looks like a masculine girl :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

wilko49er wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:05 pm
Looks like a masculine girl :barscarf:
Looks like Danny Filth from Cradle of Filth

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 pm
To get things rolling in our very first post Wenger transfer window apparently we've signed Çağlar Söyüncü a 21 year old Turkish model that moonlights as a centre-back from SC Freiburg.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 30546.html
Freiburg defender Çağlar Söyüncü will join Arsenal, according to Altınordu chairman Seyit Mehmet Özkan: "Arsenal demanded his youth information from us. We'll earn from him if he joins Arsenal. Bayern Munich wants him too but he's on the way to the Premier League."
Sent off twice this season in 25 matches :shock:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Now Arsenal want two new centre-backs and Mislintat has identified Sokratis Papastathopoulos of Borussia Dortmund – his former club – as a priority. Mislintat has already overseen the signings of Pierre Emerick Aubameyang from Dortmund and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, once of Dortmund, from Manchester United.

29, plays for Greece. 130 Dortmund appearances.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Need two goalkeepers, a top-tier center back and an actually decent winger to have any chance of competing next season.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Goalkeeper
CB's (TWO)
RB
LB
DM
Winger

Post by 1989 »

New GK (Sell Ospina, retain Cech as back up)
New CB (Sell Mustafi, loan Holding)
New RB (Sell Bellerin)
New DM (Sell Elneny)
New LW (Sell Iwobi)

Good luck to the new manager.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

What we need is a proper keeper, central midfielders, central defenders and general cover players who are young and decent and can fill in and learn over the next year to 18 months. What we'll end up with is anyone's guess and I suppose rests entirely on who we get in as manager.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:12 am
New GK (Sell Ospina, shoot Cech - it would be a mercy killing 8) )
New CB (drown Mustafi then poison him and then shoot him, keep Holding)
RB (coach Bellerin)
New LB (give monreal away on a free to the first club to show an interest)
New DM (Sell Elneny)
New LW (Iwobi - see mustafi above)

Good luck to the new manager.

Edited to give a better suggestion 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've locked the other old transfer thread. Put all the bullshit in this one. Thanks.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I really don't think we'll get the players we want in this window.
New manager will hopefully galvanise and coach the players we have, especially the group of young players who have made their debuts. Plus we do have players coming back from being out on loan.
At times Chambers and Holding have looked more than capable, as did Dino, Kolasinic has been good too.
Definitely need a goalkeeper and at best we can get Joe Hart. Although, Martinez did look good in the few games he played for us a couple of seasons ago.
Midfield depends on who the new manager is, what system he'll play.
Up front we don't need anyone.
Players will leave Wilshere, Ramsey, Mustafi, Koscielny, Cazorla, Monreal, Cech and Ospina.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:50 am
New manager will hopefully galvanise and coach the players we have, especially the group of young players who have made their debuts. Plus we do have players coming back from being out on loan.
At times Chambers and Holding have looked more than capable, as did Dino, Kolasinic has been good too.
Definitely need a goalkeeper and at best we can get Joe Hart. Although, Martinez did look good in the few games he played for us a couple of seasons ago.
Players will leave Wilshere, Ramsey, Mustafi, Koscielny, Cazorla, Monreal, Cech and Ospina.

I think that even the most stupid managers out there can see that cech is well past it and will replace him - it is saying something that I would rather have joe hart in goals for us, and he is shit :oops: :oops:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:48 am
Nos89 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:50 am

I think that even the most stupid managers out there can see that cech is well past it and will replace him - it is saying something that I would rather have joe hart in goals for us, and he is shit :oops: :oops:

Maybe we could try and sign players who want to play for Arsenal over wanting to stay in London - just an idea