ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

The whores are sniffing around Patino.

Ffs how has the club let his contract run down :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think they (Artetas, Edu etc) were waiting to see how he did on loan and all reports have been Positive. Those Barca-*word censored*-whores... :box:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Aaaaand we're off ...

Both Arsenal and Sevilla are “salivating” at the prospect of signing Toulouse’ young CM/AM, Fares Chaibi, with Sevilla potentially going on the offensive in January. He can also play on the Wings [Via - @FootMercato].

Arsenal have been showing heavy interest recently in Corinthians young CB (19yo) Robert Renan. He is left footed and plays both LCB/RCB as well as LB. To make sure they get him they may have to activate his €50m (£44m) release-clause [Via - @GoalBR / @GazetaEsportiva].

Ajax have joined Arsenal in the race go sign Danilo from Palmeiras, in January [Via - @ESPNBrasil].

Arsenal, Bayern, Inter, Juventus, Marseille and Spurs are all interested in signing Marcus Thuram in January with the two London clubs “beginning operations”. Mönchengladbach could sell for as little as £8.7m as his contract runs out in the summer [Via - @Gazzetta_IT].

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:13 pm

They would want him just so they can sell him back to a PL club at a premium. Patino knows this and wont be used as cattle.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:58 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

They would want him just so they can sell him back to a PL club at a premium. Patino knows this and wont be used as cattle.
I’ve also read (somewhere :rubchin:) that we have a 2 year extension option anyway ?

From his Blackpool appearances he looks like a squad position next year could be on the cards

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:59 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:58 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I’ve also read (somewhere :rubchin:) that we have a 2 year extension option anyway ?

From his Blackpool appearances he looks like a squad position next year could be on the cards

The Blackpool fans already have a chant for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMLgVwRJ_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-n8JX4vZPg

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

Former England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 29, is expected to leave Liverpool as a free agent in the summer.

:lol:

And

Arsenal offer 65 million for Mykhaylo Mudryk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF0SshreXiE

Midz

Post by Midz »

Newcastle will watch us dilly-dally about for a month or two offering less than they want and then come January they'll offer the price wanted and pip us.

wankers!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We seriously need to secure Saka to a long term contract, if he wasn't gaining the attention of the European giants he certainly in now. Looks like he'll impact this world cup like Mbappe did the last one. We should start a campaign to get to get Southgate to start Rashford ahead of Saka.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A striker that did impress me, was Cody Gakpo when we played PSV. Works hard, but plays in the same position as martinelli. He'd be a great addition in January.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:32 pm
We seriously need to secure Saka to a long term contract, if he wasn't gaining the attention of the European giants he certainly in now. Looks like he'll impact this world cup like Mbappe did the last one. We should start a campaign to get to get Southgate to start Rashford ahead of Saka.
Its all but signed , stop stressing.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:32 pm
Mate as much as I love saka he is not a patch on mbappe :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:42 pm
Newcastle will watch us dilly-dally about for a month or two offering less than they want and then come January they'll offer the price wanted and pip us.

wankers!
It's just a story :lol:

I don't know the player but if we've offered that amount and he doesn't come then fair enough, Newcastle have a ton mire money than we do and that's just how it is.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:24 am
A striker that did impress me, was Cody Gakpo when we played PSV. Works hard, but plays in the same position as martinelli. He'd be a great addition in January.
Not a patch on Mudryk, and his valuation is not a lot less. Mudryk is two-footed can play across the front line and has a much higher bar than Gakpo.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

I can imagine the agents of Martinelli, Saka and Saliba would have said wait until after the world cup. Therefore, when its all over the deals need to happen. Saka especially. There can be no room for error. We have started well, we are almost certain to be in the CL next season. Currently in a title fight. All we need to do is make the right offer. I reckon all three are worth of atleast 200k a week. We went big to keep Ozil and PEA who had no resale value. We should be doing whats needed to be done to keep these three.

It has to be done. And im sure it will be done. I really expect all three to sign. However, it's now at the stage where it needs to happen as quickly as possible post WC.