ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:59 pm
I had a wee look at Clive's Instagram.

It will make you vomit reading all the comments and posts.

Some referring to him as an Arsenal legend.

:roll:
Just go on to any Arsenal twitter or Facebook fan page mate and you'll see the same. Honestly, we've got so many spazzes in our fan base its untrue. Remember when we signed him, Kante went for about 3m more....another one of Wenger's "nearly signings" if my memory serves me well 😉

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I think we actually paid slightly more for Xhaka? Kante went for 32, I think we paid 35?Apparently Wenger backed out of the Kante deal because of the agents fees. But of course that wasn't the end of the story. I posted an article on here a couple of weeks ago from Wenger bragging about how he was invited to France about a decade ago because this manager wanted to show him Kante. Wenger tells the story intimating that he knew all about Kante long before he arrived at Leicester. He thinks it makes him looked totally plugged in to EVERYTHING, a step ahead of everyone else. It doesn't, it makes him look like a complete prat for not buying him.

The great players he "almost bought". Instead we got stuck with all the shit one's he actually bought.

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone else think that Tyler Adams from (relegated) leeds would be a good cheapish addition to our midfield ? I like him and Aaronson as good young high energy midfielders tbh
Tielemens and ward-prowse would be two obvious relegated options either, and both would be an upgrade on swiss turd and sambi imo

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:19 am
Anyone else think that Tyler Adams from (relegated) leeds would be a good cheapish addition to our midfield ? I like him and Aaronson as good young high energy midfielders tbh
Tielemens and ward-prowse would be two obvious relegated options either, and both would be an upgrade on swiss turd and sambi imo
You have criticised Xhaka for years, and you see Tielemans as an upgrade? An upgrade would be Declan Rice in the 8, or Caicedo in the DM position. If we genuinely want to compete with City that's what we have to do, get at least one of them.

Don't want players with the sort of mentality that festered at Leicester for much of the season.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Big NO to all of them. Won’t even bother to explain why. It’s clear they aren’t up to our standard.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:43 am
augie wrote:
You have criticised Xhaka for years, and you see Tielemans as an upgrade? An upgrade would be Declan Rice in the 8, or Caicedo in the DM position. If we genuinely want to compete with City that's what we have to do, get at least one of them.

Don't want players with the sort of mentality that festered at Leicester for much of the season.

I see my dead grandmother as not just an upgrade, but a significant upgrade on the useless swiss c.unt

Let me add that yes rice would be an upgrade also, but he is not worth anywhere near the money being suggested for him - McAllister would be far better upgrade for the same or less money.

Finally, unlike others I dont see an unlimited transfer budget appearing on the horizon - we have several holes to fill or upgrade on, and I suspect that one of our signings is going to take a serious chunk out of that kitty. That tells me that we will need to fill in some holes with less expensive players for economic reasons - not every player we sign is going to be top quality (or even the level below it), so what we will need to do is fill in those gaps with the best players possible within our budget

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal have a transfer budget of around £180m plus sales. Bayer Leverkusen are looking to wrap up Granit Xhaka’s transfer & Newcastle want Kieran Tierney, while Thomas Partey & Rob Holding could also depart to boost funds. [Transfer Confidential by Simon Jones, Mail] #afc

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:43 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

I see my dead grandmother as not just an upgrade, but a significant upgrade on the useless swiss c.unt

Let me add that yes rice would be an upgrade also, but he is not worth anywhere near the money being suggested for him - McAllister would be far better upgrade for the same or less money.

Finally, unlike others I dont see an unlimited transfer budget appearing on the horizon - we have several holes to fill or upgrade on, and I suspect that one of our signings is going to take a serious chunk out of that kitty. That tells me that we will need to fill in some holes with less expensive players for economic reasons - not every player we sign is going to be top quality (or even the level below it), so what we will need to do is fill in those gaps with the best players possible within our budget
Rice and McAllister different players. The latter is more of an offensive player playing number 10 for large parts of this season. And tell me a player that is genuinely worth his transfer value these days. Man Utd and Chelski has ruined the market over the last few years. BUT, financially we are in a position to compete. So if £85+ Balogun gets the Rice deal over the line, then get it done.

Rice is absolute mustard, he had Partey in his pocket at their gaff, and in a poor side generally is the stand out. For England he's almost undropable now, was a rock vs Italy away especially in that first half bossed midfield. No mean feat.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

You can tell a lot about a players character when the chips are down. Rice has stepped up and been a leader when West Ham were relegation threatened. Tielemans has been anonymous

Sorry that it upsets the Irish fans :D

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:46 pm
You can tell a lot about a players character when the chips are down. Rice has stepped up and been a leader when West Ham were relegation threatened. Tielemans has been anonymous

Racist :wink: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:21 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:43 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

Rice and McAllister different players. The latter is more of an offensive player playing number 10 for large parts of this season. And tell me a player that is genuinely worth his transfer value these days. Man Utd and Chelski has ruined the market over the last few years. BUT, financially we are in a position to compete. So if £85+ Balogun gets the Rice deal over the line, then get it done.

Rice is absolute mustard, he had Partey in his pocket at their gaff, and in a poor side generally is the stand out. For England he's almost undropable now, was a rock vs Italy away especially in that first half bossed midfield. No mean feat.

This may have escaped your attention buddy, but xhaka is no longer a defensive player these days - one of the few things that arteta has done that I agree with is that he has fcuked the swiss c.unt further up the pitch because he was a total liability near our goals :roll: Rice is a partey replacement imo where as McAllister is a xhaka replacement, and there is no doubt which is the bigger priority imo

Would you agree that in general, standing out in a bad team is sometimes very misleading ? I always feel that rice is the weakest midfielder in the england team when he plays, and maybe that is the level we should be comparing him to ?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:16 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

It's where you make them though :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:24 pm
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

:lol:

Monkey tennis? :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 2:06 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 1:24 pm
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

:lol:

Monkey tennis? :D
I've listened to every one of your ideas..... :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Have we bought anyone yet? :D